Shaq being disrespectful

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,998

Shaq being disrespectful 

Post#1 » by AleksandarN » Thu May 9, 2024 5:48 am

Shaq is a narcissistic insecure petty little man. I know it was mentioned in the Jokic MVP thread. But this deserves its own thread. Shaq has always been jealous of people. It’s why he has only 4 rings. He ruined the Lakers dynasty fighting with Kobe.

Read on Twitter
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,313

Re: Shaq being disrespectful 

Post#2 » by SlimShady83 » Thu May 9, 2024 5:54 am

AleksandarN wrote: He ruined the Lakers dynasty fighting with Kobe.

As a Kobe fanatic (apparently LOL), I have to say this was also Kobe's fault there's already a story on It and videos, Kobe wanting to be the top dog and what not, so to say It was all Shaq's fault for fighting with Kobe, not the case It went both ways :) probably even more on Kobe's side In that scenerio.
My Personal Top 10 all time
Jordan, Russell, Bird, Duncan, Magic, Kobe, Curry, Shaq, Kareem, Bron

Top 5 will always be the same, 6-10 will change from time to time :)
I'm a Kobe fan
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 956

Post#3 » by LaLover11 » Thu May 9, 2024 6:00 am

Do you guys have Hakeem over Shaq?
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,313

Post#4 » by SlimShady83 » Thu May 9, 2024 6:02 am

LaLover11 wrote:Do you guys have Hakeem over Shaq?

Sorry but no. but that's IMO
My Personal Top 10 all time
Jordan, Russell, Bird, Duncan, Magic, Kobe, Curry, Shaq, Kareem, Bron

Top 5 will always be the same, 6-10 will change from time to time :)
I'm a Kobe fan
ThatBoyNick
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,454

Post#5 » by ThatBoyNick » Thu May 9, 2024 6:04 am

What a weird over emotional response to such a nothing burger or a clip.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,455

Post#6 » by Tor_Raps » Thu May 9, 2024 6:10 am

SlimShady83 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:Do you guys have Hakeem over Shaq?

Sorry but no. but that's IMO

Hakeem/Shaq are all in the same tier. I have Hakeem by the thinnest of margins but picking Shaq is perfectly fine. Just prefer Hakeem's defense and FT shooting (which allows him to be a late game scoring option) over Shaq's pure dominance.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#7 » by AleksandarN » Thu May 9, 2024 6:12 am

ThatBoyNick wrote:What a weird over emotional response to such a nothing burger or a clip.

It warrants the same backlash as what Kanye got for what he did.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,455

Post#8 » by Tor_Raps » Thu May 9, 2024 6:15 am

ThatBoyNick wrote:What a weird over emotional response to such a nothing burger or a clip.

Telling Jokic he doesn't think he was worthy of winning the award that they are interviewing him about immediately after announcing it does seem stupid. This man's still crying about the MVP Nash got over him and yet doesn't realize how it'd make someone feel during what is supposed to be THEIR moment.

Shaq made it about him and let's be real, he doesn't watch enough basketball to truly know who deserves what. His arguments of why Shai deserved it were some of the dumbest comments one can make but totally inline with who he is, and this is coming from a dude who loves Shai.
Jta444
Sophomore
And1: 251

Post#9 » by Jta444 » Thu May 9, 2024 6:15 am

That’s why Kobe was fed up and ran him out of town big fat piece of sludge he couldve been the greatest with his talent but didnt maximize it and now he’s jealous of Jokic who for me is a better hardworker for someone unathletic to be that dominant Shaq can only wish he got Joker’s skills.

I watched the NBA during those Shaq years and i could say Nash deserved those MVP’s he transformed
the Suns then did it again without Amare his second year meanwhile Shaq got carried by Wade in 06. It’s revisionist history. Nash was a problem and an all time great. I think part of it is racist just because Nash is white.
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 7,037

Post#10 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Thu May 9, 2024 6:19 am

People having the balls to say something about someone to their face is often refreshing, however this was not the time nor the place.
FreeBird23
Junior
And1: 1,064

Post#11 » by FreeBird23 » Thu May 9, 2024 6:24 am

You guys are too sensitive.
Shaq didnt do anything wrong. He just said that Jokic is the best in the League, but with the great Thunder's season, he thinks that SGA deserves it.
Jokic and Shaq are buddies, he is just honest.

Btw, a lot of people think that SGA deserves it.
Does it makes them insecure too ?
Prince187
Sixth Man
And1: 1,841

Post#12 » by Prince187 » Thu May 9, 2024 6:26 am

Yeah it was a ridiculous thing to say. I’m betting the producers put him up to it
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,095

Post#13 » by NyKnicks1714 » Thu May 9, 2024 6:30 am

The weirder thing was when they had JJJ on Inside and Shaq just continued ranting about SGA's alleged snub to him.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#14 » by AleksandarN » Thu May 9, 2024 6:37 am

FreeBird23 wrote:You guys are too sensitive.
Shaq didnt do anything wrong. He just said that Jokic is the best in the League, but with the great Thunder's season, he thinks that SGA deserves it.
Jokic and Shaq are buddies, he is just honest.

Btw, a lot of people think that SGA deserves it.
Does it makes them insecure too ?

No Shaq made it about himself like he always does. They had Jokic on the show to congratulate him for winning the award. It was not the time and place. Shaq and Jokic are not buddies lol stop it. Opinions are fine but that was not the time and place. He deserves the backlash as much as Kayne did.
svart
Analyst

Post#15 » by svart » Thu May 9, 2024 6:44 am

There is absolutely nothing here, just Shaq being honest. OP is projecting, lol.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#16 » by AleksandarN » Thu May 9, 2024 6:46 am

svart wrote:There is absolutely nothing here, just Shaq being honest. OP is projecting, lol.

Again they had Jokic on the show to congratulate him on winning the award. Shaq made it about himself. He did a Kayne and deserves the same backlash
svart
Analyst

Post#17 » by svart » Thu May 9, 2024 6:49 am

AleksandarN wrote:
svart wrote:There is absolutely nothing here, just Shaq being honest. OP is projecting, lol.

Again they had Jokic on the show to congratulate him on winning the award. Shaq made it about himself. He did a Kayne and deserves the same backlash

Again, you are projecting.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#18 » by AleksandarN » Thu May 9, 2024 6:52 am

svart wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:

Again, you are projecting.

How is that projecting lol. Shaq pulled a Kayne. I am sure media will call him out tomorrow like they did with Kayne.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,060

Post#19 » by Duke4life831 » Thu May 9, 2024 6:54 am

I mean this really isn’t anything new with Shaq. I’m a fan of his, but this is the one area that he is so bad at. The dude seems to be so insecure and gets so defensive so quickly.

I think he’s heard all the talk of Jokic climbing the all time great lists and Jokic now having 2 more MVPs than him. So Shaq made it all about himself and how he was “snubbed” and made horrible arguments on why SGA should’ve won.

Ernie easily countering each of his arguments
“SGA is a stat stuffer.”
“But Shaq look at Jokic’s triple doubles and his ranks in scoring, rebounds, and assists.”

“But even with all that, OKC was the #1 seed.”
“They had identical records”

Again this is just another case of Shaq showing his insecurity, which really is nothing new with Shaq.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#20 » by AleksandarN » Thu May 9, 2024 6:56 am

Duke4life831 wrote:I mean this really isn’t anything new with Shaq. I’m a fan of his, but this is the one area that he is so bad at. The dude seems to be so insecure and gets so defensive so quickly.

I think he’s heard all the talk of Jokic climbing the all time great lists and Jokic now having 2 more MVPs than him. So Shaq made it all about himself and how he was “snubbed” and made horrible arguments on why SGA should’ve won.

Ernie easily counting each of his arguments
“SGA is a stat stuffer.”
“But Shaq look at Jokic’s triple doubles and his ranks in scoring, rebounds, and assists.”

“But even with all that, OKC was the #1 seed.”
“They had identical records”

Again this is just another case of Shaq showing his insecurity, which really is nothing new with Shaq.

You better be careful. You might accused of projecting somehow lol

Return to The General Board