Shaq being disrespectful

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,586

Re: Shaq being disrespectful 

Post#41 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 9, 2024 8:29 am

The MVP award is always going to be controversial because it's a regular season award handed out well into the postseason. It doesn't have established criteria. Some people view it as best player in the league. Some view it as the most valuable player to a top team.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Message Boar
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#42 » by Message Boar » Thu May 9, 2024 8:33 am

It's fine, maybe a bit awkward to lead with that but Shaq is just keeping it 100. But maybe that's just my culture speaking. It didn't look like Jokic minded. I don't personally agree with Shaq's opinion but it's fair enough.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,396

Post#43 » by zimpy27 » Thu May 9, 2024 8:38 am

AleksandarN wrote:Shaq is a narcissistic insecure petty little man. I know it was mentioned in the Jokic MVP thread. But this deserves its own thread. Shaq has always been jealous of people. It’s why he has only 4 rings. He ruined the Lakers dynasty fighting with Kobe.

Read on Twitter

Shaq admits he's petty. Anyone who's watched Shaq should know that. That's just Shaq.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,399

Post#44 » by Ckay » Thu May 9, 2024 8:40 am

A professional hater.
Ritzo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,352

Post#45 » by Ritzo » Thu May 9, 2024 8:44 am

Shaq is getting carried by Chuck. The only reason the people watch him on that show is because of Chuck.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,613

Post#46 » by Myth » Thu May 9, 2024 8:48 am

svart wrote:There is absolutely nothing here, just Shaq being honest. OP is projecting, lol.

I would say you were right if it weren’t for the other portion of the TNT conversation that Jokic wasn’t tuned into where Shaq absolutely made it about him.

Starting 3:25: https://youtu.be/X3vlZ6RuSi8?si=XiGNiFdpowp9TxHR
EmperorLocky
Sixth Man
And1: 3,149

Post#47 » by EmperorLocky » Thu May 9, 2024 8:55 am

Hope Chuck starts calling the big fella Mr Sensitive again.
pontius
Pro Prospect
And1: 2,132

Post#48 » by pontius » Thu May 9, 2024 9:10 am

Shaq's behavior is not surprising. We're talking about the guy who trashed his house after Kobe won his 5th. :lol:
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,854

Post#49 » by Joao Saraiva » Thu May 9, 2024 9:15 am

Old players tend to never celebrate today's players achievements. it's a wierd thing.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
dj20001
Sophomore
And1: 57

Post#50 » by dj20001 » Thu May 9, 2024 9:46 am

Joao Saraiva wrote:Old players tend to never celebrate today's players achievements. it's a wierd thing.

Wasn't always the case
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,854

Post#51 » by Joao Saraiva » Thu May 9, 2024 9:58 am

dj20001 wrote:
Joao Saraiva wrote:Old players tend to never celebrate today's players achievements. it's a wierd thing.

Wasn't always the case

We need more Magics, Birds and LeBrons talking. Not these guys. They're there to promote the game and you don't say that talking to a 3 time MVP.

Today's players always say they'd score 60, they would do this and that... then the ring culture... they're the ones to fault for a lot of things. Including the mentality of all-star games.

Congratulate Jokic, ask him how it feels to be in such restrict group and say it's time to live up to his standards on the series he's in if he wants to spark him. That's it.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,584

Post#52 » by lonzo_pelota » Thu May 9, 2024 10:22 am

Shaq has always had ire for players that are more skilled than he was that thrive below the rim... add dwight who was a defensive menace and yet played above the rim a 1/3 as much as shaq
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,458

Post#53 » by NoStatsGuy » Thu May 9, 2024 10:40 am

jbk1234 wrote:The MVP award is always going to be controversial because it's a regular season award handed out well into the postseason. It doesn't have established criteria. Some people view it as best player in the league. Some view it as the most valuable player to a top team.

THIS.

The criteria/parameter to get it "correct" are just not defined well enough. This will always be subjective and will never be "correct". people will always make up stats/arguments that fit their guys' MVP campaign and make a case.

IMO brunson is the only correct choice this year. he seemed to be by far the most valuable player in the league to me. The knicks arent going anywhere without him. more than half the starters are injured for a good chunk of the season and he keeps pushing these knicks to win games all year.
im bout dat action boss
Message Boar
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#54 » by Message Boar » Thu May 9, 2024 10:44 am

NoStatsGuy wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:The MVP award is always going to be controversial because it's a regular season award handed out well into the postseason. It doesn't have established criteria. Some people view it as best player in the league. Some view it as the most valuable player to a top team.

THIS.

The criteria/parameter to get it "correct" are just not defined well enough. This will always be subjective and will never be "correct". people will always make up stats/arguments that fit their guys' MVP campaign and make a case.

IMO brunson is the only correct choice this year. he seemed to be by far the most valuable player in the league to me. The knicks arent going anywhere without him. more than half the starters are injured for a good chunk of the season and he keeps pushing these knicks to win games all year.

I don't disagree, but aren't you doing what you're accusing people of right there in the same post? Brunson may be "your mvp", but that's just because that you're biased as a Knicks fan (which is fine). But how is he objectively "the only correct choice"?
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,486

Post#55 » by og15 » Thu May 9, 2024 10:45 am

dj20001 wrote:

Wasn't always the case

There have always been and always will be older guys who don't celebrate the new generation. Look at guys like Wilt and Oscar for example. It's just life, just like there will be some who do the opposite.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,458

Post#56 » by NoStatsGuy » Thu May 9, 2024 10:46 am

Message Boar wrote:
NoStatsGuy wrote:

THIS.

I don't disagree, but aren't you doing what you're accusing people of right there in the same post? Brunson may be "your mvp", but that's just because that you're biased as a Knicks fan (which is fine). But how is he objectively "the only correct choice"?

thats exactly the point i wanted to make ;)

im not mad at jokic at all. nor would i have been for luka, SGA or someone else.
im bout dat action boss
FreeBird23
Junior
And1: 1,041

Post#57 » by FreeBird23 » Thu May 9, 2024 11:03 am

OMG Shaq hates Jokic !!! :roll:

;pp=ygUTc2hhcSBydXNzaWFuIGpva2ljIA%3D%3D
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,494

Post#58 » by jokeboy86 » Thu May 9, 2024 11:56 am

Off the court you hear nothing about what a generous nice person Shaq is. But if it has to do with his basketball legacy/career he’s a complete narcissist. Other ex-greats probably are too(obviously Jordan) but none of them as publicly as Shaq has been.

I think Shaw is concerned that Jokic is seriously a threat to his legacy and rankings. If you ask Shaq I bet he thinks the only greats who should be ranked above him are MJ,KAJ,Lebron,Magic,Wilt & Russell. So basically he feels he’s clearly the best big since KAJ. If Jokic were to just win even two more rings, there’s a legit chance that a lot of people would start to rank him over Shaq and I think Shaq knows that.

From this point on it would be more likely that Jokic wins more rings than MVPs so to add that to 3 already would make his resume really stand out hence the uproar and rage that a lot of talking heads/casuals/ and explayers seem to have
moderndarwin
Rookie
And1: 1,196

Post#59 » by moderndarwin » Thu May 9, 2024 12:04 pm

I’m the biggest Shaq fan there is and i can say that if he were a small man hed be the worst sort of guy.

He’s got the sort of personality like he wants people to have fun and enjoy themselves but wants to be seen as the main guy the leader. And his way of handling that sometimes is so off putting. Then he’ll go out and pay someone’s car repair bill randomly.

Simply put he likes to make jokes at peoples expense but doesn’t take it back.
Dacost
Sixth Man
And1: 1,298

Post#60 » by Dacost » Thu May 9, 2024 12:17 pm

Something happend to Shaq during his life to make him this way.He needs a therapist but he believes therapy is for the weak.Is great to compete or have a chip on your shoulder but he attacks every single big man just because they are his direct competition.

All I see is a big baby crying for help while I bet Shaq thinks he is tough.

And people around him always kiss his back refusing to tell him to get some help.

Return to The General Board