Are the Pacers not getting fair treatment from refs?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Nykbacker
Sophomore
And1: 163

Are the Pacers not getting fair treatment from refs? 

Post#1 » by Nykbacker » Thu May 9, 2024 6:27 am

Rick Carlisle is submitting a formal complaint to the league office.

Not sure his argument when his team is missing free throws and allowing the opposition to shoot 57% from the field.
Mrakar
Starter
And1: 2,629

Re: Are the Pacers not getting fair treatment from refs? 

Post#2 » by Mrakar » Thu May 9, 2024 6:37 am

Nykbacker wrote:Rick Carlisle is submitting a formal complaint to the league office.

Not sure his argument when his team is missing free throws and allowing the opposition to shoot 57% from the field.

It is easy to blame this on Indy, on free throws on defense. Most popular answer is always something like that.
But, not having a fair fighting ground should be talked about more, then those missed FTs or defense wouldnt be as talked about as they are now. Series should at least be 1-1.
Knicks benifited from officiating change after all-star break allowing them to play more physical, but that is not the only reason. Those calls in the last minute of first game clearly and i mean CLEARLY decided the game. I feel for Indy but it is what it is.

P.S. i like the Knicks, i like the teams who go for it and give 120% and i want them to go to ECF but we have to be objective here...
If everything is going well, expect an WojBomb
#Pelslife :cry:
Dangit
Starter
And1: 1,976

Post#3 » by Dangit » Thu May 9, 2024 6:52 am

I think that the nba has had a few questionable moments , is it out of the realm of possibility that the nba wants a large market to stay in the game a bit longer.... it's probably not likely that this is happening ... but I did witness THAT kings vs lakers series... so maybe Rick Carlisle calling attention to this isn't such a bad move .
Postby YouthMovement on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:09 pm

im 19 and i can say paul pierce ruined my childhood
One Last Shot
Starter
And1: 2,950

Post#4 » by One Last Shot » Thu May 9, 2024 6:59 am

Mrakar wrote:
Nykbacker wrote:Rick Carlisle is submitting a formal complaint to the league office.

It is easy to blame this on Indy, on free throws on defense. Most popular answer is always something like that.
But, not having a fair fighting ground should be talked about more, then those missed FTs or defense wouldnt be as talked about as they are now. Series should at least be 1-1.
Knicks benifited from officiating change after all-star break allowing them to play more physical, but that is not the only reason. Those calls in the last minute of first game clearly and i mean CLEARLY decided the game. I feel for Indy but it is what it is.

P.S. i like the Knicks, i like the teams who go for it and give 120% and i want them to go to WCF but we have to be objective here...

I'm 120% sure that this will never happen.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,388

Post#5 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Thu May 9, 2024 7:05 am

One Last Shot wrote:
Mrakar wrote:

P.S. i like the Knicks, i like the teams who go for it and give 120% and i want them to go to WCF but we have to be objective here...

Easily beat you , I’m 200% sure this will never happen
Mrakar
Starter
And1: 2,629

Post#6 » by Mrakar » Thu May 9, 2024 7:23 am

One Last Shot wrote:
Mrakar wrote:

Thats the best take you have from this post? Good for you! :lol:
If everything is going well, expect an WojBomb
#Pelslife :cry:
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 26,082

Post#7 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu May 9, 2024 7:28 am

One Last Shot wrote:
Mrakar wrote:

NBA head office dreams probably include:

-- The Americas to be the Western Conference and Eurasia to be the Eastern.
-- The Knicks to win whatever conference they're in.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Deshaun Taden
Junior
And1: 448

Post#8 » by Deshaun Taden » Thu May 9, 2024 7:44 am

Nah, him, Nurse and Kerr always go with the theatrics. Malone has started to do it too. They are all sore losers and clowns. The NBA officiating is indeed garbage, and they absolutely fix for prop bets and to cover the spread and stuff like that. But they aren't engaging in some sort of conspiracy against the Sixers, Pacers, GSW and the Nuggets like these whiners would have you believe. It's just such selective memory to claim Indy is the one getting hosed when Thibs had has to challenge to overturn multiple bad calls and the refs literally tried to give the Pacers the ball on a fake double dribble call against Hartenstein in the clutch.

I would respect these clowns and take them seriously if they'd hammer the refs when calls went their way, which happens all the damn time. They are completely silent when that happens however. Somehow they develop selective blindness themselves.

In general I've been extremely disappointed with the lack of maturity in supposedly adult professionals in sports and the media. I expect some of this childish behavior from young children and even young adults. But grown adults beyond middle age in high income high authority professions? It's shameful and embarrassing. It sends a terrible message to young people and makes all of us look like simpletons and fools as a society. The fact that we don't shame this immaturity is a major issue.
socal74
Rookie
And1: 1,257

Post#9 » by socal74 » Thu May 9, 2024 9:31 am

Dangit wrote:I think that the nba has had a few questionable moments , is it out of the realm of possibility that the nba wants a large market to stay in the game a bit longer.... it's probably not likely that this is happening ... but I did witness THAT kings vs lakers series... so maybe Rick Carlisle calling attention to this isn't such a bad move .

Witness Kings vs Lakers? Did you only watch game 6? You based the whole series on that game? Did you know Shaq only shot 1 FT in game 5 to Divacs 10? Lakers lost that game by 1. So you're telling me Shaq didnt get fouled all game?

Here are the FT #'s for each game

Game 1 - Lakers 22 FT's / Sac 17 FT's - Lakers won by 7
Game 2 - Lakers 25 FT's / Sac 38 FT's - Kings won by 6
Game 3 - Lakers 15 FT's / Sac 35 FT's - Kings won by 13 ( Kobe had 2 FTA and Shaq had 6 FTA )
Game 4 - Lakers 27 FT's / Sac 26 FT's - Lakers won by 1 on Horry's game winner
Game 5 - Lakers 23 FT's / Sac 33 FT's - Lakers lost by 1 ( Shaq only had 1 FTA)
Game 6 - Lakers 40 FT's / Sac 25 FT's - Lakers won by 4
Game 7 - Lakers 33 FT's / Sac 30 FT's - Lakers won by 6 in Overtime. Sac went 16-30 from the FT line.

So from these FT numbers, did you watch the series or your just like everyone else and only basing it off game 6? How do you explain game 3 and 5? They shot 20 more FT's than the Lakers while Shaq and Kobe only had 8 FTA in game 3. I know people always crying about these ref bias for the Lakers but how the **** you gonna tell me that the Kings shot more FT's overall than the Lakers yet Laker still had the refs in the bag?
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,313

Post#10 » by SlimShady83 » Thu May 9, 2024 9:51 am

I'm not a fan of the pacers, but with what they've done with their team congrats.

I'm expecting next year Pacers gonna be the team to beat In the east :) hope they can stay together though
My Personal Top 10 all time
Jordan, Russell, Bird, Duncan, Magic, Kobe, Curry, Shaq, Kareem, Bron

Top 5 will always be the same, 6-10 will change from time to time :)
I'm a Kobe fan
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,462

Post#11 » by NoStatsGuy » Thu May 9, 2024 10:57 am

doing my best ocho cinco impression here... child please
im bout dat action boss
_GH0ST_
Junior
And1: 495

Post#12 » by _GH0ST_ » Thu May 9, 2024 11:14 am

Pacers? In the last Pacers-Heat game of the regular season, they would have played in the play-in if Scott Foster had not officiated the game like a Pacers fan lol
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,462

Post#13 » by NoStatsGuy » Thu May 9, 2024 11:41 am

SlimShady83 wrote:I'm not a fan of the pacers, but with what they've done with their team congrats.

I'm expecting next year Pacers gonna be the team to beat In the east :) hope they can stay together though

not with that defense im sorry.

yea they can score a bunch and are fun to watch but that defense is not gonna make you the team to beat. they might win vs the knicks cuz we have no bodies left. and if they wanna be the team to beat, they need to step up on D. thats not gonna work for 3 series. at some point you will face a team that bodies you, like the knicks are doing. their bigs dissapear and they cant contain brunson
im bout dat action boss
hauntedcomputer
Veteran
And1: 4,043

Post#14 » by hauntedcomputer » Thu May 9, 2024 11:42 am

I haven't watched every minute but I don't see anything unusual. I tend to accept reffing as a subjective part of a chaotic game. Because it's a human enterprise, there will be subjective biases at play. A bad call is no different than a player doing something really stupid. Maybe I'm weird because I don't root for teams, I watch for entertainment, so I don't care if the refs screw it up and I don't watch the game analyzing calls because that's not entertaining.

In the old days, guys just played on. They didn't whine at refs, they didn't even acknowledge the refs, and the game flowed, and the Earth still revolved around the sun. I'd rather have a fast game than the illusion of a perfect game. It's just a game.
+++
Schadenfreude is undefeated.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,543

Post#15 » by robillionaire » Thu May 9, 2024 11:52 am

He is mad because he wanted them to uphold a phantom double dribble call on Hartenstein and they called it right. Now he’s crying about small market teams in a world where I didn’t just see bucks and nuggets win championships like the spurs didn’t have a dynasty and like Minnesota and OKC aren’t the teams about to come out of the west. Just a shameless loser with zero integrity.
kacey ring
Sixth Man
And1: 906

Post#16 » by kacey ring » Thu May 9, 2024 12:01 pm

Pacers claiming 29 questionable calls in G1 and 49 in G2.

49 in one game?!! That seems excessive. I missed the first half, but didn’t see that many in the second half.
pwayknicks
Head Coach
And1: 716

Post#17 » by pwayknicks » Thu May 9, 2024 12:07 pm

Carlisle mad that he’s an awful coach who sat their most impactful player for the last 10 min of the game. I’ll take it as a knick fan tho, keep benching tj :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Knicks are BACK!!!!

Jlin + Melo + Stat + Chandler....les go!

Trade Landry Fields ASAP!
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,459

Post#18 » by Baseline81 » Thu May 9, 2024 12:09 pm

I won't comment on the "fair" treatment, but what I can say is you know darn well with the Pacers "taking the high road" after the first game, they were bound to scrutinize last night's.
Bob Ross
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,232

Post#19 » by Bob Ross » Thu May 9, 2024 12:09 pm

Sour grapes. Refs were mostly fine in game 2
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,767

Post#20 » by Ice Man » Thu May 9, 2024 12:16 pm

Bob Ross wrote:Sour grapes. Refs were mostly fine in game 2

Exactly. I had some sympathy for Carlisle after Game 1, but when his main beef in Game 2 is that he wants a fake turnover called on his opponent, and then he throws a tantrum because the referees won't cheat that opponent ... yeah, that ain't happening. The Pacers just got beaten, move on.

Return to The General Board