Breaking: Glen "Big Baby" Davis is sentenced to 3.5 years in prison

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 22,006

Re: Breaking: Glen "Big Baby" Davis is sentenced to 3.5 years in prison 

Post#41 » by Curmudgeon » Thu May 9, 2024 9:58 pm

Did he burst into tears at the sentencing? Will KG visit him in prison? The world wants to know.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 9,062

Post#42 » by sp6r=underrated » Thu May 9, 2024 10:35 pm

Bob Ross wrote:Insurance companies are the real criminals here

Uh, even under a single payer system submitting fraudulent claims would be a crime.
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,267

Post#43 » by Childs » Thu May 9, 2024 10:39 pm

Nate505 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:Wow, American justice system aint fooling around. I have said this, but my garbage place is the opposite, you can honestly kill a person and probably get less... I think the right system would be somewhere in between, and altho such harsh law enforcing is one concervative thing I prefer, but thats freaking harsh man, crazy.

I have many, many complaints about the US justice system and think we tend to oversentence people, but I have very little sympathy for those who are defrauding people who need medical services. I detest thieves in general, but when the thief is a rich **** stealing from a fund meant to support people to live, they can really sit and rot in prison for a long time for all that I care.

Not a fan of Brett Favre?
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Post#44 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Thu May 9, 2024 10:42 pm

What’s in the water in Boston ?

Prison for big baby

Homeless Delonte

Bankrupt Walker

Often drunk Pierce

Who’s next ?
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,267

Post#45 » by Childs » Thu May 9, 2024 10:47 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:What’s in the water in Boston ?

Prison for big baby

Homeless Delonte

Bankrupt Walker

Often drunk Pierce

Who’s next ?

Well Rondo has been in some recent trouble too
Sealab2024
Junior
And1: 660

Post#46 » by Sealab2024 » Thu May 9, 2024 10:50 pm

I'll be interested to see where they send him. Insurance fraud generally means minimum security or some kind of camp setting. On the other hand he's a mountain of a man and I wonder if they'd be comfortable with him in minimum security?
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 22,006

Post#47 » by Curmudgeon » Thu May 9, 2024 11:07 pm

Childs wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:What’s in the water in Boston ?

Prison for big baby

Homeless Delonte

Bankrupt Walker

Often drunk Pierce

Who’s next ?

Well Rondo has been in some recent trouble too

Walter McCarty fired for shagging a student.
Vin Baker always drunk.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West

"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,874

Post#48 » by Nate505 » Fri May 10, 2024 12:41 am

Childs wrote:
Nate505 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:Wow, American justice system aint fooling around. I have said this, but my garbage place is the opposite, you can honestly kill a person and probably get less... I think the right system would be somewhere in between, and altho such harsh law enforcing is one concervative thing I prefer, but thats freaking harsh man, crazy.

I have many, many complaints about the US justice system and think we tend to oversentence people, but I have very little sympathy for those who are defrauding people who need medical services. I detest thieves in general, but when the thief is a rich **** stealing from a fund meant to support people to live, they can really sit and rot in prison for a long time for all that I care.

Not a fan of Brett Favre?

He's even worse.
RalphWiggum
RealGM
And1: 8,235

Post#49 » by RalphWiggum » Fri May 10, 2024 7:31 am

How stupid do you have to be to make almost 40 million and go to jail for essentially donuts in comparison?
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,039

Post#50 » by NyKnicks1714 » Fri May 10, 2024 7:49 am

Swish1906 wrote:And Rick Scott walked away rich and is now a senator :lol:

Never change, murica

Florida doesn't count
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,147

Post#51 » by axeman23 » Fri May 10, 2024 10:50 am

Shame the judge wasn't a touch more lenient, to sentence him to 3.14159265 years. Big Baby would've HAPPILY gone away for Pi(e)... :lol:
Ssj16
Junior
And1: 578

Post#52 » by Ssj16 » Fri May 10, 2024 11:20 am

Not sure where you're from but I can tell you I've consumed easily over 1000 hours worth of crime documentaries mostly centered around American crime, and I can tell you the system is far from perfect.

There have been people who have been sentenced for less than 5 years for murder just to put it into perspective. If you have a high powered lawyer, you can get away with a lot more than if you cannot afford a good attorney. And this isn't even bringing up racism, prejudice, favoritism or corruption that could take place.

And for the record, this isn't just in America, the justice system is far from perfect in a lot of countries including my home of Canada.
Loaded_Hollows
Veteran
And1: 3,632

Post#53 » by Loaded_Hollows » Fri May 10, 2024 12:56 pm

UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,157

Post#54 » by UcanUwill » Fri May 10, 2024 1:54 pm

Ssj16 wrote:

Not sure where you're from but I can tell you I've consumed easily over 1000 hours worth of crime documentaries mostly centered around American crime, and I can tell you the system is far from perfect.

There have been people who have been sentenced for less than 5 years for murder just to put it into perspective. If you have a high powered lawyer, you can get away with a lot more than if you cannot afford a good attorney. And this isn't even bringing up racism, prejudice, favoritism or corruption that could take place.

And for the record, this isn't just in America, the justice system is far from perfect in a lot of countries including my home of Canada.

I have no doubt that is true, system is at least flawed everywhere, also corruption is everywhere too. I think human kind still hasn't figured out what is the method of criminal rehabilitation. We want to believe most people would never do anything evil, because of morality, but in all honestly, a lot of people probably aren't criminals only because there are consequences to set behavior.

But in my case, I wasn't talking about rich getting away from justice, but everyone. In my country, you do not need to invest anything at all to get away from literal murder, I don't know what fools made our system, but it enables all sorts of perversions.
TinmanZBoy
General Manager
And1: 4,830

Post#55 » by TinmanZBoy » Fri May 10, 2024 1:56 pm

I thought there were multiple NBA players involved in this? Were they all sentenced?
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,872

Post#56 » by dhsilv2 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:02 pm

sp6r=underrated wrote:Dude made 30 million in salary and is going to prison for 5 figures of fraud. It is honestly sad. I was a fool in my 20s. Maybe I would have lived like David but I like to think I would have put away something so I didn't have to commit petty fraud.

Lets be real...MOST of us would have thrown away our money if we peaked at 20-25. Some wouldn't and good on those but even into your 30's a lot of us are still idiots.
Sealab2024
Junior

Post#57 » by Sealab2024 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:04 pm

TinmanZBoy wrote:I thought there were multiple NBA players involved in this? Were they all sentenced?

I don't know about the rest but Terrence Williams got 10 years for being the ring leader.
TinmanZBoy
General Manager
And1: 4,830

Post#58 » by TinmanZBoy » Fri May 10, 2024 2:05 pm

Sealab2024 wrote:
TinmanZBoy wrote:I thought there were multiple NBA players involved in this? Were they all sentenced?

I don't know about the rest but Terrence Williams got 10 years for being the ring leader.

Tony Allen? Keyon Dooling?
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
Sealab2024
Junior

Post#59 » by Sealab2024 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:08 pm

TinmanZBoy wrote:
Sealab2024 wrote:

Tony Allen? Keyon Dooling?

No idea
the sea duck
Pro Prospect
And1: 627

Post#60 » by the sea duck » Fri May 10, 2024 2:25 pm

Nate505 wrote:

i agree but the entire medical industry is one big rich thief. just worth noting here.

Return to The General Board