[Woj] Frank Vogel officially one and done

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Run DLC
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,793

Re: [Woj] Frank Vogel officially one and done 

Post#81 » by Run DLC » Thu May 9, 2024 10:41 pm

AleksandarN wrote:Who gets thrown under the bus more KD's coaches or Lebron's?

The end results are all that matters. LeBron has had more success with any head coaches than Kevin “GOAT” Durant has. Outside of Steve Kerr and GSW, Kevin “Snake” Durant only has one NBA finals appearance. It’s 2024 and people still think LeBron vs Durant is still a thing. That whole “KD is better than LeBron”, will end up higher than LeBron on the ATG list”, etc, narrative started in 2017 and died in 2019. KD is the media’s darling because of his aesthetically pleasing scoring and playing style that reminds them of MJ, Kobe, etc, that’s why they pushed hard for him to overtake LeBron and outside of those two titles against LeBron that he won, KD has always came up short when they were evenly matched. **** Durant!
Thanks for all the great memories, LeBron! The show must go on! #Heatnation
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,043

Post#82 » by DusterBuster » Thu May 9, 2024 10:43 pm

Run DLC wrote:

The end results are all that matters. LeBron has had more success with any head coaches than Kevin “GOAT” Durant has. Outside of Steve Kerr and GSW, Kevin “Snake” Durant only has one NBA finals appearance. It’s 2024 and people still think LeBron vs Durant is still a thing. That whole “KD is better than LeBron”, will end up higher than LeBron on the ATG list”, etc, narrative started in 2017 and died in 2019. KD is the media’s darling because of his aesthetically pleasing scoring and playing style that reminds them of MJ, Kobe, etc, that’s why they pushed hard for him to overtake LeBron and outside of those two titles against LeBron that he won, KD has always came up short when they were evenly matched. **** Durant!

KD is absolutely a pretender star. Talented but had he not coattailed to rings with the Warriors, he would be looked at no different than Carmelo is today.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 9,062

Post#83 » by sp6r=underrated » Thu May 9, 2024 10:45 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't think there is any fix to this but players really over-value prior playing experience in the NBA when it comes to coaching. I think your best course of action as an owner is just ignoring them. I do believe coaching matters. And I think matters enough that this is one you're better off irritating the players by not listening to their preference.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 383

Post#84 » by WentzerWuver » Thu May 9, 2024 10:49 pm

shrink wrote:I like Frank Vogel, and I view him as one of the least responsible for this mess.

However, the players had stopped listening to him, and when that happens, the coach has gotta go.
You need to stop making things up like stop listening to him unless you have proof of that. Minny hasn't lost yet in the playoffs and just beat the Nugs twice in Denver, so did their players stop listening to Malone by tossing things onto the court so he needs to go too?

Just cause players can't make open shots does NOT mean they stop listening to their coach Lol

Vogel is a highly respected coach, nothing against him.
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 9,062

Post#85 » by sp6r=underrated » Thu May 9, 2024 10:55 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
shrink wrote:I like Frank Vogel, and I view him as one of the least responsible for this mess.

However, the players had stopped listening to him, and when that happens, the coach has gotta go.

Yep. Players didn't respect him, but also one of the most toxic / temperamental collection of players you can possibly get. It shouldn't be a surprise that KD has had 6 coaches in 6 years. When can we officially call KD uncoachable or a coach killer? He clearly just makes every lockerroom he's in a moody depressed cesspool.

In general, I think the NBA places too many restrictions on teams. Teams should be allowed to trade 1st round picks in consecutive years. Player-Coaches should be allowed.

And if there was no player-coach rule, I'd love to see a team try it just to set an example. I'm sure guys like Durant sincerely believe coaching is worthless. So it would be good for a team to try it.

If they're right an inefficiency was identified. And if they're wrong it will help other coaches. My guess is player-coaches would almost always be a trainwreck. Especially with a superstar like KD who clearly believes all of basketball is just iso plays.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 383

Post#86 » by WentzerWuver » Thu May 9, 2024 11:00 pm

DusterBuster wrote:

Yep. Players didn't respect him, but also one of the most toxic / temperamental collection of players you can possibly get. It shouldn't be a surprise that KD has had 6 coaches in 6 years. When can we officially call KD uncoachable or a coach killer? He clearly just makes every lockerroom he's in a moody depressed cesspool.
Stop lying about this team being toxic, like do you have any proof or just enjoy making things up????

Obviously you are just a big KD hater.

This is such a blatant lie and posters like this NEEDS to be banned.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,219

Post#87 » by shrink » Thu May 9, 2024 11:10 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:

You need to stop making things up like stop listening to him unless you have proof of that. Minny hasn't lost yet in the playoffs and just beat the Nugs twice in Denver, so did their players stop listening to Malone by tossing things onto the court so he needs to go too?

Just cause players can't make open shots does NOT mean they stop listening to their coach Lol

WentzerWuver, you are quickly becoming my least favorite poster here because of your uninformed, emotional takes.

Before you call people liars for opinions you disagree with, take two seconds to search the internet. Or with your history of lazy posts, I probably need to do it for you. You can find several articles on Suns lockerroom dysfunction, but here is a link to the very famous Sham’s article that he dropped minutes after the Suns Game 4 loss.

https://theathletic.com/5456932/2024/04/29/phoenix-suns-season-end-frank-vogel-kevin-durant/
zshawn10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,584

Post#88 » by zshawn10 » Thu May 9, 2024 11:13 pm

shrink wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

Dude, you are quickly becoming my least favorite poster because of your uninformed, emotional takes.

Before you call people liars for opinions you disagree with, take two seconds to search the internet. Or with your history of lazy posts, I probably need to do it for you. You can find several articles, but here is a link to the very famous Sham’s article on locker room dysfunction that he dropped minutes after the Suns Game 4 loss.

https://theathletic.com/5456932/2024/04/29/phoenix-suns-season-end-frank-vogel-kevin-durant/

Yea I remember posting about Vogel was yelling in the locker room and people had to either stifle their laughter or rolled their eyes at him; it was over for him if you lose the locker room
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,219

Post#89 » by shrink » Thu May 9, 2024 11:15 pm

zshawn10 wrote:
shrink wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:You need to stop making things up like stop listening to him unless you have proof of that. Minny hasn't lost yet in the playoffs and just beat the Nugs twice in Denver, so did their players stop listening to Malone by tossing things onto the court so he needs to go too?

Dude, you are quickly becoming my least favorite poster because of your uninformed, emotional takes.

Before you call people liars for opinions you disagree with, take two seconds to search the internet. Or with your history of lazy posts, I probably need to do it for you. You can find several articles, but here is a link to the very famous Sham’s article on locker room dysfunction that he dropped minutes after the Suns Game 4 loss.

Yea I remember posting about Vogel was yelling in the locker room and people had to either stifle their laughter or rolled their eyes at him; it was over for him if you lose the locker room

Exactly. Thank you.

And to be crystal clear, I’m not saying it’s fair to Vogel either. Coach/player relations is a two-way street, but losing the locker is the cardinal sin of NBA coaching and inevitably leads to getting fired.
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,347

Post#90 » by doogie_hauser » Thu May 9, 2024 11:23 pm

Probably inevitable after the Suns got swept in round 1.
Underachieved this season, esp we saw flashbacks to a vintage/prime KD for a while this season

Nor a fan of the Suns owner, but this was a justified firing imo
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,373

Re: Frank Vogel officially one and done 

Post#91 » by Frank Dux » Thu May 9, 2024 11:24 pm

HoopsterJones wrote:$24.8m for the next 4 years to not coach the Suns.
They should’ve kept Monty Williams.

My man Vogel got the bag. You love to see it.
Phystic
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,668

Post#92 » by Phystic » Thu May 9, 2024 11:28 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
Phystic wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:Kevin Young will be probably favourite to replaced Vogel I imagine

He just took a college HC position at the start of the playoffs

**** timing

Judging by this season probably for the best, he was our offensive coach, and our offense was idiotic
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,383

Post#93 » by azcatz11 » Thu May 9, 2024 11:31 pm

shrink wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

WentzerWuver, you are quickly becoming my least favorite poster here because of your uninformed, emotional takes.

Before you call people liars for opinions you disagree with, take two seconds to search the internet. Or with your history of lazy posts, I probably need to do it for you. You can find several articles on Suns lockerroom dysfunction, but here is a link to the very famous Sham’s article that he dropped minutes after the Suns Game 4 loss.

There was literally a Vogel hit piece put out 5 minutes after Game 4 by Shams lol.

He's not putting that out without facts.
Phystic
Assistant Coach

Post#94 » by Phystic » Thu May 9, 2024 11:31 pm

ConSarnit wrote:
Phystic wrote:
Damkac wrote:Suns fans: "No owner could be worse than Sarver"
Ishbia: "Hold my beer"

I'd still take Ishbia 10/10. Sure he made impulsive and poorly planned moves. But he's a rookie owner he's not the first nor the last. But it's immensely better than an owner that does not care about the quality of the team, workplace, or culture

Ah yes, notable culture guy Matt Ishbia.

https://www.mpamag.com/us/news/general/united-wholesale-mortgage-rocked-by-toxic-culture-claims/442614

Not what I was really referring to. Meant the culture within locker room as well as FO. He can be an utter POS for all I care in his other ventures as long as the franchises cultures is going in the right direction
Phystic
Assistant Coach

Post#95 » by Phystic » Thu May 9, 2024 11:35 pm

Run DLC wrote:

You should really consider seeing a professional, you seem to have some pretty intense feelings about an athlete for no reason.
Phystic
Assistant Coach

Post#96 » by Phystic » Thu May 9, 2024 11:38 pm

shrink wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

Doesn't let me read more than the first paragraph. Interesting had never heard about this before.

Start of the article shows he lost the locker room but how was that toxic?
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,072

Post#97 » by Capn'O » Thu May 9, 2024 11:44 pm

sp6r=underrated wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't think there is any fix to this but players really over-value prior playing experience in the NBA when it comes to coaching. I think your best course of action as an owner is just ignoring them. I do believe coaching matters. And I think matters enough that this is one you're better off irritating the players by not listening to their preference.

To guys like Durant - I think they prefer a Billups or a Nash because they will let them freelance and that's more fun for them. They don't want system basketball. Which is frustrating because Durant is/would be one of the best system players of all time. See; his time with the Warriors.

To quote our main man James Dolan, they'd like to win but it's not integral to the strategy.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,037

Post#98 » by Driguez » Thu May 9, 2024 11:50 pm

Whoever thought Vogel was the coach for PHX? He’s been a terrible coach for quite some time…
Huevos Bancheros
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 752

Post#99 » by Charlesareed » Thu May 9, 2024 11:56 pm

PierceFan4ever wrote:Coaching either Lebron, Giannis, or KD sounds like the worst job to take as a coach. Get zero credit for winning get all the blame for the mediocre roster

Perfectly said and whom ever ends up coaching the lakers or suns will suffer the same fate since they flame out in the playoffs again
Chicago Raised me
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,351

Post#100 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Thu May 9, 2024 11:57 pm

They got rid of the wrong guy , Durant or Beal should’ve been traded instead , or best of worlds if Ishbia sell the team , just listen to his post season interview, it’s clear he got no clue how to fix his team

Return to The General Board