DAL vs OKC G2 -- Ref wanted to toss a fan, Luka said no

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,438

DAL vs OKC G2 -- Ref wanted to toss a fan, Luka said no 

Post#1 » by HotRocks34 » Sun May 12, 2024 10:51 pm

Go to 7:10 in this video for the story.

https://youtu.be/1UO5k1FyI2Y?si=3OSge4viRour4zCD

A fan in OKC was messing with Luka and Scott Foster asked Luka if he wanted the fan tossed out but Luka told him to let the fan stay.

Maybe Luka just wanted to use the fan as motivation because he tends to feed off that stuff.
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the WCF without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,106

Re: DAL vs OKC G2 -- Ref wanted to toss a fan, Luka said no 

Post#2 » by Dominator83 » Sun May 12, 2024 10:51 pm

The anti Westbrook
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,275

Post#3 » by heezyo2o » Sun May 12, 2024 11:02 pm

Didn't Luka get backlash from having a fan thrown out earlier in the season.

If the fan was out of line, the ref can just throw them out on their own without asking a player. If it depends on the players opinion or how thick their skin is then the fan shouldn't be thrown out to begin with
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,097

Post#4 » by dockingsched » Sun May 12, 2024 11:03 pm

I’ll never understand how this is something that is even up to or in any way in the hands of a ref or player. Arena security should handle these situations with zero on court personnel/talent involvement.

These are paying customers. Either they broke an established rule/policy and deserve to get kicked out through a fair enforcement of that policy or they don’t.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,235

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Sun May 12, 2024 11:20 pm

dockingsched wrote:I’ll never understand how this is something that is even up to or in any way in the hands of a ref or player. Arena security should handle these situations with zero on court personnel/talent involvement.

These are paying customers. Either they broke an established rule/policy and deserve to get kicked out through a fair enforcement of that policy or they don’t.

Same as a lot of crime though. If the victim doesn't want to press charges law enforcement generally won't. And you can't have security stop the game and interview the player, the refs, the fan, the fans around them and hold up the game deciding.

It's why your tickets say what they say. The league has a larger obligation to protect their players than they do to an obnoxious fan getting to stick around and act the fool. If they are truly innocent people around them will quickly clear it up.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,516

Post#6 » by zimpy27 » Sun May 12, 2024 11:23 pm

dockingsched wrote:I’ll never understand how this is something that is even up to or in any way in the hands of a ref or player. Arena security should handle these situations with zero on court personnel/talent involvement.

Basketball has the unique factor that you actually get very close to the players. Moreso than I think in any team sport.

Having extra layers of protections and unusual incidences is probably to be expected.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,097

Post#7 » by dockingsched » Sun May 12, 2024 11:24 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

Same as a lot of crime though. If the victim doesn't want to press charges law enforcement generally won't. And you can't have security stop the game and interview the player, the refs, the fan, the fans around them and hold up the game deciding.

It's why your tickets say what they say. The league has a larger obligation to protect their players than they do to an obnoxious fan getting to stick around and act the fool. If they are truly innocent people around them will quickly clear it up.

point is that arena’s should have enough security around the court to handle these situations themselves and not have to put the onus on refs and players to monitor the stands and sidelines.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
KodiakBear
Sixth Man
And1: 2,197

Post#8 » by KodiakBear » Sun May 12, 2024 11:26 pm

Westbrook would have had that man executed

Return to The General Board