Garland to ask out if Mitchell extended

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,560

Garland to ask out if Mitchell extended 

Post#1 » by Bank Shot » Thu May 16, 2024 2:50 am

Read on Twitter
VicG
Head Coach
And1: 2,222

Re: Garland to ask out if Mitchell extended 

Post#2 » by VicG » Thu May 16, 2024 2:53 am

LOL it doesn’t take long post-elimination for these stories to come out.

Garland isn’t that good.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,100

Post#3 » by dockingsched » Thu May 16, 2024 2:54 am

If Mitchell extends it would be malpractice for the Cavs to even consider keeping Garland, shouldn’t require some trade demand.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
zero rings
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,536

Post#4 » by zero rings » Thu May 16, 2024 2:54 am

I would 100% trade Garland if it meant keeping Mitchell
doogie_hauser
Rookie
And1: 1,631

Post#5 » by doogie_hauser » Thu May 16, 2024 2:56 am

Klutch Sports and Rich Paul are such a toxic blight on the game. Parasites.

Feel bad for Cavs fans. They are hurting big time right now and have to put up with crap like this ?

Rich Paul makes Don King look like a class act in comparison. Wish there was legal grounds for the NBA to ban him as a player agent. Grub.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,637

Post#6 » by azcatz11 » Thu May 16, 2024 2:57 am

Damn the nerve of this guy. Literal trash can all POs and he’s making demands lol
tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,224

Post#7 » by tcheco » Thu May 16, 2024 2:58 am

dockingsched wrote:If Mitchell extends it would be malpractice for the Cavs to even consider keeping Garland, shouldn’t require some trade demand.

I agree with this. Clearly then can't work together, but Garland is definitely not a max player right now...
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,874

Post#8 » by cgf » Thu May 16, 2024 2:59 am

Makes sense and would be best for everyone involved. Not sure what the outrage is :dontknow:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Chokic
Senior
And1: 667

Post#9 » by Chokic » Thu May 16, 2024 2:59 am

VicG wrote:LOL it doesn’t take long post-elimination for these stories to come out.

Garland isn’t that good.

Garland is really good hes a better floor general than mitchell but Mitchell is the overall better player. He wont reach his full potential sharing the ball w/ mitchell. This situation is akin to vince and tracy or kidd and nash. I think he would be great fit on the spurs.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,035

Post#10 » by JustBuzzin » Thu May 16, 2024 3:00 am

zero rings wrote:I would 100% trade Garland if it meant keeping Mitchell

That's cute, but read the tea leaves.

This is Rich and Bron putting pressure on Cleveland to trade DMitch possibly to the Lakers. We all know Mitchell is not staying in Cleveland.

They just making sure Mitchell ask out and using Garland as the fall guy if somehow he does stay in Cleveland. Mitchell sitting out the last 2 games and Bron and Rich at the game.

Talks have already been made behind closed doors. I know LeBron and Rich they always move 2 steps ahead. Mitchell will probably somehow be a Lakers.
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,152

Post#11 » by axeman23 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:02 am

Hopefully Evan asks out too before DM turns him into another garbageman...
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 9,069

Post#12 » by AleksandarN » Thu May 16, 2024 3:03 am

Bank Shot wrote:
Read on Twitter

Klutch really wants Mitchell on the Lakers
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,453

Post#13 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu May 16, 2024 3:04 am

dockingsched wrote:If Mitchell extends it would be malpractice for the Cavs to even consider keeping Garland, shouldn’t require some trade demand.
My exact thought lol

Like good, this is what we want. The fit is terrible.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by dockingsched » Thu May 16, 2024 3:04 am

doogie_hauser wrote:Klutch Sports and Rich Paul are such a toxic blight on the game. Parasites.

Feel bad for Cavs fans. They are hurting big time right now and have to put up with crap like this ?

Rich Paul makes Don King look like a class act in comparison. Wish there was legal grounds for the NBA to ban him as a player agent. Grub.

Look at you hating on an agency and not the actual player they work for and whose orders they follow, so easily manipulated. Klutch earning their fee with the heat they draw away from their clients.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,494

Post#15 » by brutalitops » Thu May 16, 2024 3:05 am

I think it makes sense. Garlands good enough to be the PG of his own team. The defensive fit is a bit clunky and he can't seem to get going or be as dangerous off-ball.

Cleveland in a tough spot. Donovan doesn't have to extend. I would ask him to extend this off-season and if not I would look at moving on because you don't want to risk losing him for nothing and having another year trying Garland at the 2
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,159

Post#16 » by NyKnicks1714 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:05 am

Obviously Mitchell isn't extending and he never was. I don't get the point of this.
VicG
Head Coach
And1: 2,222

Post#17 » by VicG » Thu May 16, 2024 3:07 am

JustBuzzin wrote:

This is Rich and Bron putting pressure on Cleveland to trade DMitch possibly to the Lakers. We all know Mitchell is not staying in Cleveland.

They just making sure Mitchell ask out and using Garland as the fall guy if somehow he does stay in Cleveland. Mitchell sitting out the last 2 games and Bron and Rich at the game.

Talks have already been made behind closed doors. I know LeBron and Rich they always move 2 steps ahead. Mitchell will probably somehow be a Lakers.

Good call. The hilarious thing is that won’t move the needle at all to get LA back to the WCF.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by dockingsched » Thu May 16, 2024 3:07 am

JustBuzzin wrote:

Look at you guys now making garland a victim, a pawn in his own career moves :lol:

Klutch is so good at keeping their clients hands clean :lol:
Kurtz
RealGM
And1: 15,787

Post#19 » by Kurtz » Thu May 16, 2024 3:09 am

Garland for Ingram seems like a perfect match.
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,698

Post#20 » by Doctor MJ » Thu May 16, 2024 3:11 am

Yeah it's weird this is coming out because it seems like all parties would see the sense in the situation.

It's possible that Garland's agent did this cluelessly, but most likely thing seems to be that the Cavs are at least telling Garland that they still think that a Mitchell/Garland back court is going to work, but Garland's alright concluded it isn't.

And I have to say, fit should have always been a major concern when considering acquiring Mitchell to pair with Garland, and it really doesn't seem like it was. Which is kinda bizarre when you remember that Garland didn't break out and earn his max deal until Sexton got injured.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!

Return to The General Board