Who has a bigger impact on the Hornets CP3 or Chandler?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

vincanity1
Senior
And1: 1

Who has a bigger impact on the Hornets CP3 or Chandler? 

Post#1 » by vincanity1 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:36 am

So my bro and I got in an argument earlier and he says that Chandler has a bigger impact on the Hornets than CP3, who I believe is why the Hornets are holding the #1 spot in the west. Is he right or is he out of his mind? LOL
Thanks to NetsForce for the awesome sig
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,181
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#2 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:38 am

Sorry, your brother is a moron, no offense.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,906

Post#3 » by theGreatRC » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:38 am

Paul healthy = West #1 team, nuff said.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Post#4 » by corona » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:43 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:Sorry, your brother is a moron, no offense.

pretty much, yea.
exkonvict
Bench Warmer

Post#5 » by exkonvict » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:45 am

David West
gold_leader64
Pro Prospect
And1: 256

Post#6 » by gold_leader64 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:46 am

While a good post defender and rebounder can do wonders for a team, Paul is the catalyst of the offense and dominates the ball. He's the guy that makes everything happen offensively, and that is what has been getting wins. His pick-and-roll and drive and kick game has gotten teammates open looks, and with a healthy Peja and the addition of Peterson, that means big time 3 point shots.

To sum it up: Paul = offense, and offense = why they are winning.
Mr. Savage
Banned User

Post#7 » by Mr. Savage » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:47 am

hahaha...paul sets the table for chandler, who would be just be a scrub like he was in chicago...seriously...hahaha..
Angry Jimmy
Analyst
And1: 444

Post#8 » by Angry Jimmy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:53 am

Paul is the #1 player on that team, but Hornets aren't best in the West with Melvin Ely or Hilton Armstrong anchoring the D.

On a scale of biggest impact to least Paul has the impact on their success, but their success this year is because of the great chemistry possessed by Paul, Chandler, Peja and West playing together.
xcomputerman
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#9 » by xcomputerman » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:33 am

This.
http://fourpointers.com - We've got unlimited range, baby
3pt %
General Manager
And1: 2,696

Post#10 » by 3pt % » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:35 am

/thread
Captain_Caveman wrote:Probably couldn't spell "cat" if you spotted him the C and the A.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#11 » by AdamTheGreek » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:39 am

Co-signed.
David West is far more important than Chandler as well.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,660

Post#12 » by Doctor MJ » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:00 am

Can't imagine saying anything but Paul.

Curious about others thoughts about how valuable West and Chandler are.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
MagicFan3
Banned User
And1: 19

Post#13 » by MagicFan3 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:04 am

Iggyemu
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#14 » by Iggyemu » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:13 am

LOL. Funny thread.
"One Ring makes a Champion......Six Rings make a Legend" - Michael Jeffrey Jordan
Bucs80
Analyst

Post#15 » by Bucs80 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:13 am

buhahahaha

Paul
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,822

Post#16 » by G35 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:17 am

Well call me crazy (You're CRAZY!) but I do think Chandler has a big impact on the Hornets success. I'm not going to say that it's equal to Paul's but it's impact is beyond the stats.

Watching the game tonight I heard that Paul and Chandler lead the league in alley oop dunks. In the Spurs broadcast of the game they showed a play that the Hornets like to run that had Paul and Chandler run a pick and roll at the top of the key and West is on the left angle and Peja is in the left corner. It showed that it's almost an unstoppable play that results in a lot of alley oops for Chandler.

My point is would that play be as effective if you run it with Hilton Armstrong in Chandlers place. Would the Hornets still be winning without Chandler.

I think it's very similar to Lakers without Bynum. I think Bynum is better than Chandler but they both bring a lot of similar qualities. Look at the Lakers without Bynum and having Kwame at C. Rebounding, shot blocking, interior defense suffers. Those alley oops don't come as easy because not every big man can handle that.

I saw a game about a month ago when the Toronto played the Hornets in NO. It may be one game but it seems indicative of what the Hornets could expect without Chandler. Tyson fouled out with the Hornets up 84-81 with 5 minutes left in the game. The whole complexion of the game changed; they didn't have anyone who could match up with Bosh. He dominated the rest of the game.

In those last 5 minutes Bosh drove for 2 layups and then got fouled twice by Armstrong on two other possessions. They could not stop Bosh.

I don't think they would miss Chandler as much on the offensive end but it would be the defensive end where they would be hurting...........
I'm so tired of the typical......
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:29 am

The thing is, Chandler isn't that good of a defender, he's good, but he's certainly not great, he's a decent man defender and a decent shotblocker, but even West is a better post defender, and close as a shotblocker these days.

West is actually blocking more shots right now, and his opponents PER is much lower than Tyson's.

Tyson is really dangerous on the pick and roll, and he's a fabulous rebounder, but David West is more valuable to the team easily, and it's not even close with Chris.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
G35
RealGM

Post#18 » by G35 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:45 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:The thing is, Chandler isn't that good of a defender, he's good, but he's certainly not great, he's a decent man defender and a decent shotblocker, but even West is a better post defender, and close as a shotblocker these days.

West is actually blocking more shots right now, and his opponents PER is much lower than Tyson's.

Tyson is really dangerous on the pick and roll, and he's a fabulous rebounder, but David West is more valuable to the team easily, and it's not even close with Chris.

That's apples and oranges.

Have West guard Yao, Duncan, Illgauskas, Bynum, Kaman, Rasheed, Dwight and Camby. His PER won't look so good then.

Chandler isn't as good as West or Paul but he is the anchor. West can't guard C's. Chandler isn't easily replaceable. Just look at the difference in the Lakers without Bynum that presence in the middle is huge.......
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:52 am

G35 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's apples and oranges.

Have West guard Yao, Duncan, Illgauskas, Bynum, Kaman, Rasheed, Dwight and Camby. His PER won't look so good then.

Chandler isn't as good as West or Paul but he is the anchor. West can't guard C's. Chandler isn't easily replaceable. Just look at the difference in the Lakers without Bynum that presence in the middle is huge.......

Check West's numbers against centers, and yes he does guard centers.... dunno how you can deduce that he doesn't from one game.
G35
RealGM

Post#20 » by G35 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:05 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Check West's numbers against centers, and yes he does guard centers.... dunno how you can deduce that he doesn't from one game.

I'm not saying from one game. And he didn't guard Duncan tonight. I also can't see him guarding Yao, Dwight, Kaman or Z when they have Chandler. Looking at 82 games he doesn't play C that much. About 1% of the time. Also looking at the Hornets best 5 man units their worst unit is when Hilton Armstrong replaces Chandler. They have a 20% win when the starting unit plays with Armstrong instead of Chandler.

http://www.82games.com/0708/07NOH10C.HTM

http://www.82games.com/0708/0708NOH2.HTM

Return to The General Board