Jermaine O'Neal, spotted house hunting in Saddle River, NJ

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Pats19andO
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#21 » by Pats19andO » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:48 pm

Flite wrote:If Jason Kidd is massively overpaid, so is 99% of the league.

Sure he's shooting 37%, but he's still one hell of a point guard. 11/8/10 is nothing to complain about.

Espicially if Kirk Hinrich is your pg
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#22 » by LLcoleJ » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:54 pm

fdefore wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

yup rumors this summer were that JO was house hunting in LA.

Hunting and Buying. JO has said him and his wife will make LA there home in the offseason.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
kidd0701
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#23 » by kidd0701 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:33 am

This isn't that big of a deal.... Saddle River is one of the richest towns home to tons of celebrities such as Kidd, Vince, Run (Run's House is filmed in this town), Ja Rule, among others.
Bucky O'Hare
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#24 » by Bucky O'Hare » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:30 am

NetsForce wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Too bad that same "point guard" loves to chuck up ill-advised shots, can't run an offense, has never been accused of playing defense, and is bad for team chemistry.

He also has a penchant for getting in trouble with the law.

Did I mention that Jamaal Tinsley sucks?

Again, no one's ever said Tinsley was anything special. But then again, neither is Jason Kidd. If Kidd were truly an elite point guard, then the Net's wouldn't be perennial underachievers. At no point in his career has Kidd ever been as good as Steve Nash is now or as Chris Paul is now. Tinsley can in fact run an offense, and while his fg% is low, Kidd's is even lower. Elite point guards don't shoot 36%. Sure Kidd rebounds well, but it's offset by his horrendous shooting. If you take into account all of his pluses and minuses, he's an average player. Which is why, despite having two 20+ scorers and an alleged "elite" point guard, the Net's still suck major ass.

Replace Kidd with Nash, Paul, or even Deron Williams, and the Net's are no lower than a 5th seed in the East.

And yes he's a wife beater and a proven prima donna team cancer.
Pats19andO
Banned User

Post#25 » by Pats19andO » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:41 am

Bucky O'Hare wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Again, no one's ever said Tinsley was anything special. But then again, neither is Jason Kidd. If Kidd were truly an elite point guard, then the Net's wouldn't be perennial underachievers. At no point in his career has Kidd ever been as good as Steve Nash is now or as Chris Paul is now. Tinsley can in fact run an offense, and while his fg% is low, Kidd's is even lower. Elite point guards don't shoot 36%. Sure Kidd rebounds well, but it's offset by his horrendous shooting. If you take into account all of his pluses and minuses, he's an average player. Which is why, despite having two 20+ scorers and an alleged "elite" point guard, the Net's still suck major ass.

Replace Kidd with Nash, Paul, or even Deron Williams, and the Net's are no lower than a 5th seed in the East.

this is why everyone should have to take an iq test before being activated. they should make boards for the smart people, average, and reatarded.

Do you not get that he led 2 terrible teams to the finals? He never had the suppporting cast that he has today. I love balllboys
Bucky O'Hare
Banned User

Post#26 » by Bucky O'Hare » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:49 am

Pats19andO wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

this is why everyone should have to take an iq test before being activated. they should make boards for the smart people, average, and reatarded.

Do you not get that he led 2 terrible teams to the finals? He never had the suppporting cast that he has today. I love balllboys

That was then, this is now. Kidd was a much better player back then (although still not on the level of Nash or Paul). Those team's weren't horrible . R.J. was a great up-and-comer, K-Mart was healthy and a great producer, Van Horn was putting up 15+ ppg a night, and Kittles was a great shooter and a very underrated player. And not the least of all, the East was at it's all-time low point.

If Kidd were half as good as people think he is, then the Net's wouldn't be half as bad as I know they are. It's common sense really.

Edit: I forgot to mention the turnovers. 36% shooting with 4 topg? :noway:
About_Blank
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#27 » by About_Blank » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:47 am

kidd0701 wrote:This isn't that big of a deal.... Saddle River is one of the richest towns home to tons of celebrities such as Kidd, Vince, Run (Run's House is filmed in this town), Ja Rule, among others.

Why would he search for a house in Saddle River ? He's not even from New Jersey , nobody lives in Saddle River, unless they work in New Jersey or New York..
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#28 » by kingkirk » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:47 am

seriously bucky o'hare, kidd is an amazing pg, consensus is he will go down as one of the greatest to play the position. Sure, he has made some bonehead moves off the court that you may not agree with but dont let that emotion judge him as a player.

You seem to be forgeting the size and defence he bring to the table, not to mention the fact he is a walking triple double. There have only been a handful of players throughout the history of the ABA and NBA that had an all round effect on the game such as Jason.

I agree he has lost the mantle as the best pg in the nba to Steve Nash/Chris Paul, but you cannot deny him being the best pg from 1998-2003.

Also, how the hell are you ment to get your team wins when you have a front court of Williams and Boone who are still babies, Krstic who has been disappointing and Collins who has some way maintained his spot on an nba roster even in the weak east??
mattyj
Veteran
And1: 247

Post#29 » by mattyj » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:01 am

Jason Kidd is the best poing guard of this era (yes hes better than Nash)

How about you go and watch some games and not just comment on box score figures?

:banghead: :crazy: Ballboys...
Bucky O'Hare
Banned User

Post#30 » by Bucky O'Hare » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:08 am

mattyj wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Jason Kidd is the best poing guard of this era (yes hes better than Nash)

How about you go and watch some games and not just comment on box score figures?

:banghead: :crazy: Ballboys...

Again, there's no doubting that Kidd at his peak was a great point guard. I don't believe Kidd, at his peak, was as good as Nash at his peak or as good as Chris Paul has proven to be this season. But we're not talking about Kidd at his peak. We're talking about Kidd today, a 35 year old man with creaky knees. He's regressed considerably the past 5 years. He's still a great passer, and the best rebounding guard in the league, but his offense is horrid and he's nothing more than an average defender, at best. No team will give up a significant young talent for Jason Kidd.

If the Net's wanted to trade Kidd, they should have done it back in 2004 or 2005, when it was apparent the Net's were done as contenders. They've waited too long, and his value is at an all-time low, especially with the trade demand.
Fatty
Head Coach
And1: 11

Post#31 » by Fatty » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:13 am

JO is probaly taking advantage of the cheap value of homes.
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager
And1: 11

Post#32 » by UrbanLegendMD » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:20 am

JO is just getting ready for retirement. Those knees are about to give out.
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
magicfan04
Analyst

Post#33 » by magicfan04 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:25 am

About_Blank wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Why would he search for a house in Saddle River ? He's not even from New Jersey , nobody lives in Saddle River, unless they work in New Jersey or New York..

i do! as do jason kidd and vince carter...
During the Wizards' rout, a heckler yelled at new Knick Steve Francis, "Hey Stevie, Where are you going next?" Francis turned to the fan and quipped, "To the bank."
Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Post#34 » by Jordan45822 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:14 am

I doubt it means a trade is coming he has a house in LA,. KG bought a house is Malibu couple years ago.

But if the Nets revisit JO trade I would think Nets would want to keep Kidd to play with him instead of trading him.
mattyj
Veteran
And1: 247

Post#35 » by mattyj » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:08 am

Again, there's no doubting that Kidd at his peak was a great point guard. I don't believe Kidd, at his peak, was as good as Nash at his peak or as good as Chris Paul has proven to be this season. But we're not talking about Kidd at his peak. We're talking about Kidd today, a 35 year old man with creaky knees. He's regressed considerably the past 5 years. He's still a great passer, and the best rebounding guard in the league, but his offense is horrid and he's nothing more than an average defender, at best. No team will give up a significant young talent for Jason Kidd.

If the Net's wanted to trade Kidd, they should have done it back in 2004 or 2005, when it was apparent the Net's were done as contenders. They've waited too long, and his value is at an all-time low, especially with the trade demand.

Jermaine O'Neal is NOT a significant young talent
About_Blank
Banned User

Post#36 » by About_Blank » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:59 am

magicfan04 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i do! as do jason kidd and vince carter...

as I had said, unless they work in NJ or NY, and Jason Kidd doesnt live in Saddle River anymore, he left his mansion after the divorce..
East_Coast
Junior
And1: 8

Post#37 » by East_Coast » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:55 pm

jab wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Grant Hill was spotted house hunting in the Orlando area before the All Star break during his last season as a Piston.

That worked out pretty well, didn't it?
► Old School fan of the best league in the world.
jab
Starter
Location: Detroit: Where only the strong survive cause the weak are eaten alive!

Post#38 » by jab » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:32 pm

East_Coast wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That worked out pretty well, didn't it?

Yep :D
dacher
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by dacher » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:56 pm

Fatty wrote:JO is probaly taking advantage of the cheap value of homes.

:nod: it doesn't mean anything about JO and Nets or Knicks.

Prices in my area in central NJ have dropped 25% from peak.

JO net worth level people keep multiple properties, and NJ has some incredibly high net worth areas for them to congregate with others of similar lifestyle.
v1n5anity
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,061

Post#40 » by v1n5anity » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:21 pm

Jermaine O'Neal...wow...people still give a rat's a$$ about this guy? he's turned into such a boring player. i don't think IF he goes to NJ that he'll help the a better team. he has his own level of star now. he's a level behind Michael Redd - yikes!

Return to The General Board