Boston vs. Atlanta - Series tied (2-2)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who will win this 1st round series?

Boston in 4
48%
Boston in 5
16%
Boston in 6
7%
Boston in 7
1%
Atlanta in 4
4%
Atlanta in 5
1%
Atlanta in 6
3%
Atlanta in 7
4%
Atlanta in 8
18%

Total votes: 299

roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#961 » by roc » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:58 pm

Looks like a few more peeps have picked the ATL FTW since I cast my vote. I picked em to win the division at the start of the season which was a serious long shot, obviously I was off. I picked em in 6 for this series, hope I'm right. :pray:
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#962 » by boomann21 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:59 pm

Celtsfan1980 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm not sure which actions they've done that you're referring to that show they think they own the title. The Russell-Chamberlain rivalry was considered a huge rivalry as far as making the NBA more mainstream. You may not have teams like the Bobcats or the Raptors without the Celtics and their players. I dislike what the Yankees do but at the same time I'm grateful for what Ruth did for baseball. Russell is the Babe Ruth of basketball, so I expect people to be grateful for what he did. He was the first great defender in an offensive-oriented sport, and Cousy was the first great point guard who helped revolutionize his position. Their influence is still being felt today so I expect people to be happy for the team. It may be different players but it's still the same team that has made the NBA what it is today.

You are delusional my friend. Just because you guys had the very first franchise dosen't mean I have to be happy for the team. Are you crazy man?
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,315

Post#963 » by enigmatics » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:06 pm

eatyourchildren wrote:My name is KG and I yell REALLY LOUDLY ALL THE TIME
:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

..............and he talks to himself more than bums do.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#964 » by enigmatics » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:09 pm

NbdyBeatsTheWiz wrote:
The real risk for Boston is that KG pushed the ref twice during the altercation and is at risk for being suspended based on league precedent.

He's got about as big a risk of being suspended as The Queen had of being whistled for anything when he elbowed Blatche in their game 1. If once isn't enough, what about the elbow he gave Webber last year? No whistle. The NBA won't suspend Garnett, the center of their new hype machine like booman said- I guarantee it.

To this day I still can't believe that the ref didn't call anything on the elbow LeBron deliberately delivered to Blatche's chin. I mean that was chin music right there. And of course, Stu Jackson didn't see anything on the tapes even though all of the world watching the game could see it.
TheKingNbooby
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#965 » by TheKingNbooby » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:19 pm

Getting shoved into the crowd> a elbow to someone who just hit you in the face the possesion before
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Post#966 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:30 pm

Getting shoved into the crowd> a elbow to someone who just hit you in the face the possesion before

I didn't say nothing about Haywood's which was definitely a flagrant. But it doesn't mean Lebron's wasn't. I guess that's why it's called a double standard. But seeing that this is an ATL-BOS page, I'll let it rest
King Roosk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#967 » by King Roosk » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:54 pm

An objective fan's opinion:

I don't think KG should be suspended. When he pushed the ref he was being grabbed and pulled from behind...natural instinct will tell you to get a force like that off of you. If the refs was in his face and KG shoved him to go run back and scuffle then it'd be different, but KG pushed off and kept walking. I don't think Zaza should be suspended either. KG pushed him off, and he walked up and got in KG's face, that's normal. As for Kendrick Perkins and Marvin Williams...I couldn't see Marvin Williams in the video so I have no comment. However, Perkins was already standing and off the bench as the game was going on, so it's not like he sprang off the bench when the fight started. He was right by the sideline when the game was in session, the scuffle happened, and he took one step up but never ran out onto the court or anything. I don't think any suspensions should be handed, but once again I didn't see Marvin Williams in the video.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#968 » by enigmatics » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:03 pm

King Roosk wrote:An objective fan's opinion:

I don't think KG should be suspended. When he pushed the ref he was being grabbed and pulled from behind...natural instinct will tell you to get a force like that off of you..........

I stopped reading after that.....

"Natural instinct" does not apply to the red-letter rule, which was made abundantly clear by Stern in prior rulings of on-court altercations. KG clearly sees who's holding him both before and after the shove. In fact, the situation with the ref and KG was under control for a couple of seconds, KG looked like he was calm, then all of the sudden BAM, two hands into the ref shoving him off........and KG entered back into the fray to bark some more.

You're making up excuses for the guy.
CircleCitysportsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 81

Post#969 » by CircleCitysportsfan » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:06 pm

Celtsfan1980 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm not sure which actions they've done that you're referring to that show they think they own the title. The Russell-Chamberlain rivalry was considered a huge rivalry as far as making the NBA more mainstream. You may not have teams like the Bobcats or the Raptors without the Celtics and their players. I dislike what the Yankees do but at the same time I'm grateful for what Ruth did for baseball. Russell is the Babe Ruth of basketball, so I expect people to be grateful for what he did. He was the first great defender in an offensive-oriented sport, and Cousy was the first great point guard who helped revolutionize his position. Their influence is still being felt today so I expect people to be happy for the team. It may be different players but it's still the same team that has made the NBA what it is today.

I could care less about the Celtics. Hope they lose!!!!!
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,467

Post#970 » by Blame Rasho » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:08 pm

If he would have been suspended in would have already been announced.
PT_Lakers_fan
Senior

Post#971 » by PT_Lakers_fan » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:55 pm

OMG

The Hawks are amazing....i really like them now...Josh Smith is a monster blocking....J. Johnson is a great player too....Horford, Bibby...The C
Bucs80
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#972 » by Bucs80 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:38 pm

IF Atlanta beats Boston (Which is Highly Unlikely)

I think they would reach the conference finals atleast, having a real hight chance going to the finals.

Cleveland only has Lebron while the Hawks have a starting line-up and a bench.And with Atlanta beating the Celtics, how could they go down to the Cavs? That would be over in 5-6. Detroit I don't think could handle a team like the hawks, they can't even handle the Sixers. Then the Magic, they always lose to the Hawks. And most of us Magic know that series would be highly, highly competitive.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#973 » by EasternMagic » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:44 pm

Bucs80 wrote:IF Atlanta beats Boston (Which is Highly Unlikely)

I think they would reach the conference finals atleast, having a real hight chance going to the finals.

Cleveland only has Lebron while the Hawks have a starting line-up and a bench.And with Atlanta beating the Celtics, how could they go down to the Cavs? That would be over in 5-6. Detroit I don't think could handle a team like the hawks, they can't even handle the Sixers. Then the Magic, they always lose to the Hawks. And most of us Magic know that series would be highly, highly competitive.

Its possible but GS beat Dallas last year and didnt reach the conference finals . I hope ATL wins. and i beg to differ with your comment on the magic im confident we could beat them. But id rather have the hawks beat us to go to the finals than the celtics
King Roosk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#974 » by King Roosk » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:47 pm

enigmatics wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I stopped reading after that.....

"Natural instinct" does not apply to the red-letter rule, which was made abundantly clear by Stern in prior rulings of on-court altercations. KG clearly sees who's holding him both before and after the shove. In fact, the situation with the ref and KG was under control for a couple of seconds, KG looked like he was calm, then all of the sudden BAM, two hands into the ref shoving him off........and KG entered back into the fray to bark some more.

You're making up excuses for the guy.

Yeah I'm making up excuses for the guy because I really give 2 sh*ts about who wins the Boston-Atlanta series.
Bucs80
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#975 » by Bucs80 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:05 pm

EasternMagic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Its possible but GS beat Dallas last year and didnt reach the conference finals . I hope ATL wins. and i beg to differ with your comment on the magic im confident we could beat them. But id rather have the hawks beat us to go to the finals than the celtics

I'm not saying we would lose

But us playing the Hawks, it would go to a game 7 or something.
Atlanta Hawk Fan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 659

Post#976 » by Atlanta Hawk Fan » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:10 pm

Bucs80 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm not saying we would lose

But us playing the Hawks, it would go to a game 7 or something.

Orlando/Atlanta would be a fantastic series. They play one another very competitively. I don't think Boston will give up home court or the series but I'd love to see it happen.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#977 » by celticfan42487 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:53 pm

King Roosk wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah I'm making up excuses for the guy because I really give 2 sh*ts about who wins the Boston-Atlanta series.

Since you couldn't see Marv I'll fill you in.

Unless someone showed him the replay he probuly right now doesn't know he was on the court. He was looking and someone one in front of him so he moved his foot onto the court and angled his head to get a better view of what was going on and didn't remove it for a little bit. But I doubted he knew he was even on the court. And for perspective he's looking from the opposite end of the court. If there is a situation where one shouldn't be suspended in this instance he's a hallmark card ot it.

This will come down to how red-letter the judgement is.
gsuteke
Senior

Post#978 » by gsuteke » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:57 pm

Atlanta is catching fire right now.

I've seen alot of traffic on Atlanta's RealGM forum from fans of other teams.

At the very least the Hawks have to be extremely interesting to the casual NBA fan.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,963

Post#979 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:20 pm

The real story here is how the Celtics are self-destructing.

1. The first huge problem is Rivers' reliance on Cassell. Every time Cassell comes into the game the offense goes into the toilet. For 70 games he was sucessful using House and Tony Allen. Now they're buried at the end of the bench.

2. PJ Brown is useless and Powe has not played particularly well. Glenn Davis has been fine, but Rivers just doesn't want to use him.

3. Pierce is playing at half speed. Why I don't know.

4. The Celtics have stopped playing team basketball. In the face of adversity, the three stars try to get it done individually. That isn't going to work against a young athletic team like the Hawks.

At this point the Celtics are vulnerable. This series has become a tossup, and in fact, if the Celtics don't win tomorrow night, it's over.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#980 » by NetsForce » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:23 pm

I don't know Pierce looks intimidated by Al Horford. I think Horford really shook up his confidence with "that" play.

Return to The General Board