2nd Round: Detroit vs. Orlando - Series DET leads (1-0)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins this 2nd round series?

Detroit in 4
9%
Detroit in 5
19%
Detroit in 6
27%
Detroit in 7
7%
Orlando in 4
3%
Orlando in 5
1%
Orlando in 6
24%
Orlando in 7
11%

Total votes: 127

MagicNolesFSU
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#1141 » by MagicNolesFSU » Tue May 6, 2008 8:57 pm

I guess realgm pistons posters are all right and everyone else is wrong. the entire tnt crew, inside the nba crew which actually called the league out and said we got CHEATED, mike and mike, 1st take, every sportscenter, every AP game recap, everyone is wrong except for realgm detroit piston fans.

rofl that is what i find hilarious
Illuminati wrote:MagicNoles is a g. Don't bring beef and there ain't no beef.
Train Wreck
Bench Warmer
And1: 40

Post#1142 » by Train Wreck » Tue May 6, 2008 9:00 pm

Cammo101 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The awful call against Dooling that handed you the game caught just as much heat from pretty much everyone. Barkley laughed at how bad it was. But, Billups has sure gotten calls with less contact.

The call that put us up 5 instead of 4?

Wow, what a game changer... The game was over regardless at that point.
leevii
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#1143 » by leevii » Tue May 6, 2008 9:01 pm

MagicNolesFSU wrote:I guess realgm pistons posters are all right and everyone else is wrong. the entire tnt crew, inside the nba crew which actually called the league out and said we got CHEATED, mike and mike, 1st take, every sportscenter, every AP game recap, everyone is wrong except for realgm detroit piston fans.

Everyone you listed also thought the Pistons would get swept by the Lakers. We could care less what they think. You can all keeping crying about getting cheated, we'll happily take the 2-0 series lead.
AnSweR07 wrote:I'll go Roy, slightly ahead of Wade.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#1144 » by Liqourish » Tue May 6, 2008 9:03 pm

2-0
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst

Post#1145 » by MagicNolesFSU » Tue May 6, 2008 9:06 pm

I know you will, but it doesn't change the fact that Orlando was cheated. And every1 sees it except detroit homers. Go figure huh?
leevii
Rookie

Post#1146 » by leevii » Tue May 6, 2008 9:07 pm

MagicNolesFSU wrote:I know you will, but it doesn't change the fact that Orlando was cheated. And every1 sees it except detroit homers. Go figure huh?

Train Wreck
Bench Warmer

Post#1147 » by Train Wreck » Tue May 6, 2008 9:10 pm

MagicNolesFSU wrote:I guess realgm pistons posters are all right and everyone else is wrong. the entire tnt crew, inside the nba crew which actually called the league out and said we got CHEATED, mike and mike, 1st take, every sportscenter, every AP game recap, everyone is wrong except for realgm detroit piston fans.

It doesn't matter what people think or how many people think it...

It doesn't change the fact that NO ONE could possibly know how the game would have unfolded in the 4th quarter. It's impossible to tell...

The Refs were in a bad position... If they call it no basket or make them replay the last 5.1 seconds and Detroit doesn't score and we later find out that he did make it in time than Detroit gets screwed.... They did all that they could do.

The timekeeper screwed up, no one is disputing that... The Reffing was bad for us too... I wish I could find a clip of what should have been Dwights 3rd foul which would have caused him to miss the rest of the 1st half and probably given the Pistons an even bigger lead at the half.

The foul shots were essentially even taken into account the intentional fouls at the end of the game and Orlando took damn near 30 3-pointers... You don't typically get fouled out there
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst

Post#1148 » by MagicNolesFSU » Tue May 6, 2008 9:10 pm

leevii wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

(picture)

PistonFan4Life
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#1149 » by PistonFan4Life » Tue May 6, 2008 9:11 pm

MagicNolesFSU wrote:I know you will, but it doesn't change the fact that Orlando was cheated. And every1 sees it except detroit homers. Go figure huh?

The only ones here who are blind are the Magic fans. Every Piston poster I have seen has said it was a bad call at the end of the 3rd quarter but its wasn't the only bad call of the game. What else do you want? Do you want the Piston to protest to the league they should have lost? Thats certainly not going to happen. As many others have stated, who knows how the 4th quarter would have played out even had the basket not been allowed to count. No one knows. I have read a couple columns from the Orlando sports writers today who even agree the the Magic cost themselves the game and not the officials, get over it already!
leevii
Rookie

Post#1150 » by leevii » Tue May 6, 2008 9:13 pm

I think the Magic board is on its collective period.
PistonFan4Life
Rookie

Post#1151 » by PistonFan4Life » Tue May 6, 2008 9:15 pm

leevii wrote:I think the Magic board is on its collective period.

:rofl:
Train Wreck
Bench Warmer

Post#1152 » by Train Wreck » Tue May 6, 2008 9:17 pm

Cammo101 wrote:You guys won one title, you aren't exactly the Yankees.

Considering that 75% of NBA teams do not have a title in the last 30 years, I'll take it
hsgm
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#1153 » by hsgm » Tue May 6, 2008 9:21 pm

get the brooms out people
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#1154 » by Liqourish » Tue May 6, 2008 9:30 pm

Cammo101 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
You guys won one title, you aren't exactly the Yankees.

Yeah, those three big World Champion banners hanging in the rafters are pathetic. Hopefully one day the Detroit Pistons can have as many championships as the Orlando Magic. :pray:
Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#1155 » by Rick Rolled » Tue May 6, 2008 9:41 pm

edit....reposted below.
PistonFan4Life
Rookie

Post#1156 » by PistonFan4Life » Tue May 6, 2008 9:49 pm

Rick Rolled wrote:I don't know about you, but I found that highly offensive....

Gee wilikers, if I was a mod.........

I'm not the one who made the original comment. I was just laughing. You Magic fans are getting beyond annoying yourself. Its like watching a bunch of 5 year olds whine about who got a little extra ice cream in their bowl. Give it a rest already.
Rick Rolled
General Manager

Post#1157 » by Rick Rolled » Tue May 6, 2008 9:50 pm

PistonFan4Life wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm not the one who made the original comment. I was just laughing. You Magic fans are getting beyond annoying yourself. Its like watching a bunch of 5 year olds whine about who got a little extra ice cream in their bowl. Give it a rest already.

See my post above, oh self proclaimed respected and unbiased poster....

And honestly.....your sarcasm detector needs a good repair.

And keep rubbing the loss in our faces.....we are enjoying that immensely...
PistonFan4Life
Rookie

Post#1158 » by PistonFan4Life » Tue May 6, 2008 9:54 pm

Rick Rolled wrote:See my post above, oh self proclaimed respected and unbiased poster....

And honestly.....your sarcasm detector needs a good repair.

And keep rubbing the loss in our faces.....we are enjoying that immensely...

Yep because its extremely easy to detect any sarcasm on a message board, especially with the amount of whining coming from the Magic fans the past day. :nonono:

That is taking it too far, I have not tried rubbing anything in the Magics fans faces. The Magic fans are just seeing things how they want to see things now.
Rick Rolled
General Manager

Post#1159 » by Rick Rolled » Tue May 6, 2008 9:55 pm

PistonFan4Life wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yep because its extremely easy to detect any sarcasm on a message board, especially with the amount of whining coming from the Magic fans the past day. :nonono:

Honestly... if you won't look at my aforementioned post, then i'll repeat/expand it......

Many Magic fans are venting after a loss.

You want them to stop.

Yet you incite more frustration by calling Magic fans babies/whiners/ect....which may be true....

But this even further incites a larger negative reaction from some of them, leading to much more whining and frustration.

My personal feeling is that the Magic blew their chances by turning it over in critical situations.... it is not a tainted win for you guys....the series is rightfully 2-0.

There has been alot of overreaction from Magic fans.....but some Pistons fans want them to shut up, and that won't happen when they start throwing out insults, saying "how many championships have you won", or posting pictures of babies and tissues....

And don't claim innocence on the matter, it's not just you that i'm addressing.....but a bunch of guys have been adding fuel to the fire..... that cannot be denied.... cause i'll just pull out a few quotes from this thread.....and then my friend, you will officially be....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#1160 » by magicfan4life05 » Tue May 6, 2008 9:56 pm

magicfan4life05 wrote:good game pistons, the better team won tonight
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."

Return to The General Board