2nd Round: Detroit vs. Orlando - Series DET leads (1-0)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins this 2nd round series?

Detroit in 4
9%
Detroit in 5
19%
Detroit in 6
27%
Detroit in 7
7%
Orlando in 4
3%
Orlando in 5
1%
Orlando in 6
24%
Orlando in 7
11%

Total votes: 127

UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,436

Post#21 » by UCFJayBird » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:33 pm

shallow and pedantic...shallow and pedantic.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 4,014

Post#22 » by Last Guardian » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:48 pm

Sixersftw wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i don't think i've ever heard our team and the term old tired legs.

I think he is just assuming Detroit will win......
Texas Longhorns
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#23 » by Texas Longhorns » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:54 pm

MagicNolesFSU wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

+1 great post.

Texas do you have thread making fetish lol

I probably do. I can't help it. It's like if I don't make it, I'm mad at myself.
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
Dtown84
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#24 » by Dtown84 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:34 am

Wow...if the Pistons move on I can already tell the series topic is going to be much bigger than the one with the Sixers.

Still please please please stop trying to jinx the Pistons, no matter how much I wish it was this series isn't over yet.
triplet1984
General Manager
And1: 177

Post#25 » by triplet1984 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:35 am

If it's Philly... I got Orlando in 6. Philly imo isn't that great, they just matched up well against Detroit, a la GS and Dallas. Someone like Dwight will eat them alive. the only cause for concern is how they will handle Andre Miller.

If it's Detroit... I got Pistons in 6. They generally do the best job on defending Dwight. Also Detroit in the playoffs generally have problems with oversized guards on Billups. The Magic don't have the weapons at the guard spot to stymie him. Thus this series is more like the Chicago series last year (Billups harassing undersized guards) and less like the Cleveland or Philly series (bigger guards causing him and thus the offense to have problems).
Catledge
Starter
And1: 834

Post#26 » by Catledge » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:04 am

Toronto's ppg dropped from 100.2 in the regular season to 99.4 in the series against the Magic, and their fg% fell from .468 to .435. Seems like somebody would have had to play defense to make that happen.
Dancing Raddish
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#27 » by Dancing Raddish » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:09 am

i went to a magic game vs philly in march and we torched them...if we play philly...magic in five...if we play detroit...magic in 6
at87on
Rookie
And1: 348

Post#28 » by at87on » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:53 am

The Hawks vs Celtics it the only exciting series in the east... The Magic vs. Raptors was pathetic. Dwight Howard getting away with goaltend after goaltend.. Raptors playing no defense.. It was pathetic. I'd rather watch the WNBA.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,102

Post#29 » by bstein14 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:35 am

From Magic fans, what realistically makes you think you would win a series against the Pistons?

Detroit swept you last season? Billups light up Nelson. Prince has his way with Hedo. Sheed was able to defend Howard effectively.

I can see going from a SWEEP to Detroit wins in 5,6 or maybe 7...

But what is so different that makes you think you're better than Detroit?
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,062

Post#30 » by SOUL » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:42 am

We're a completely different team from last year.. went from last in threes last year to first or second. Offensively we're better.. defense is not as great but isnt bad. Howard is better. Turk is better. Nelson is heating up in the playoffs, Rashard is added... Detroit was shaky and is a year older.

Not saying we'll win, but is it really insane to question why we think we can win it?

If Detroit comes out playing like they did vs the 76ers I can see us losing in 6. But if not I can see us winning
triplet1984
General Manager
And1: 177

Post#31 » by triplet1984 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:55 am

The big thing is, Orlando still needs to find a solution to the Billups problem.

Basically, a way to stop Billups from bullying around Orlando's undersized guards. Otherwise you end up in a situation like last year's Chicago series where Billups from the outset is posting up and exploiting his opponent's undersized-ness.

You need to have big guards to neutralize Billups to beat the Pistons.
bstein14
RealGM

Post#32 » by bstein14 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:56 am

Soul wrote:We're a completely different team from last year.. went from last in threes last year to first or second. Offensively we're better.. defense is not as great but isnt bad. Howard is better. Turk is better. Nelson is heating up in the playoffs, Rashard is added... Detroit was shaky and is a year older.

Not saying we'll win, but is it really insane to question why we think we can win it?

If Detroit comes out playing like they did vs the 76ers I can see us losing in 6. But if not I can see us winning

Its not insane at all, I was just looking for some answers. I know Orlando makes alot of 3's, and you no longer have Hill/Darko in the lineup... I was just surprised that most of the Orlando fans here feel very confident in their team's chances, seeing that Detroit swept them last year and won 59 games again this year.

You have every right to believe in your team... just seems like every Orlando fan likes their chances against Detroit which seems surprising after last year.
y 2 a B
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#33 » by y 2 a B » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:59 am

Texas Longhorns wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I probably do. I can't help it. It's like if I don't make it, I'm mad at myself.

That is a serious problem.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,062

Post#34 » by SOUL » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:00 am

bstein14 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Its not insane at all, I was just looking for some answers. I know Orlando makes alot of 3's, and you no longer have Hill/Darko in the lineup... I was just surprised that most of the Orlando fans here feel very confident in their team's chances, seeing that Detroit swept them last year and won 59 games again this year.

You have every right to believe in your team... just seems like every Orlando fan likes their chances against Detroit which seems surprising after last year.

Sorry, took it kind of offensive lol. But yeah, if we didn't split against you I don't think I'd be as confident. I think that paired with the shaky start vs 76ers people are more confident.. it'll still be very hard to beat you though. It seems like Rip/Billups always own us and you have a bunch of big men to throw at Dwight. But I still think we have a shot at it.. especially if are making our shots
Greer
Banned User

Post#35 » by Greer » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:30 am

when howard starts dropping 20/20 on the pistons then people will understand why the magic fans are so confident. He will have at least 2 or more of these type of games against the pistons. He averaged 15/15 against them last year and he played like crap.
bstein14
RealGM

Post#36 » by bstein14 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:51 am

Greer wrote:when howard starts dropping 20/20 on the pistons then people will understand why the magic fans are so confident. He will have at least 2 or more of these type of games against the pistons. He averaged 15/15 against them last year and he played like crap.

I agree he got his points and rebounds, but shot terrible from the line and Sheed forced him to turn the ball over a lot.

I don't think Detroit will give him many dunks. I hope they make him earn them.
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#37 » by tranjSAIC » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:29 pm

qwixDOTca wrote:The Hawks vs Celtics it the only exciting series in the east... The Magic vs. Raptors was pathetic. Dwight Howard getting away with goaltend after goaltend.. Raptors playing no defense.. It was pathetic. I'd rather watch the WNBA.

Just think, sounds like you guys will still have Sam Mitchell next year, HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#38 » by tranjSAIC » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:33 pm

bstein14 wrote:From Magic fans, what realistically makes you think you would win a series against the Pistons?

Detroit swept you last season? Billups light up Nelson. Prince has his way with Hedo. Sheed was able to defend Howard effectively.

I can see going from a SWEEP to Detroit wins in 5,6 or maybe 7...

But what is so different that makes you think you're better than Detroit?

Thats SOME Magic fans, I still don't believe we can beat you guys in a 7 game series. I think the only reason SOME fans are thinking we can beat you is how crappy you guys have played so far. I bet before game 1 of the 76ers Pistons series 99% of Magic fans would say you would win. Now it is down to 50-60%.
Greer
Banned User

Post#39 » by Greer » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:56 pm

My opinion on the Pistons is they are overrated. They have been ever since they won the title. People who think they actually have a chance at winning the title now should be shot and killed. They have a laissez faire attitude that everything will just fall into their lap. Philly is a great team but no way in hell should they have 2 wins on the pistons and the same goes with boston and atlanta. Those teams bring the same effort against the magic they will get crushed. Anyways, if Orlando can effectively guard the pistons, as in all their players play average or to their season standards, then this series will last 5 or 6 games in Orlandos favor. Ultimately, limit Billups to his average or above average self and don't allow him to play like a superstar. IMO, Jameer is just itching to prove himself against billups. Magic getting swept last year was a product of Brian Hill mostly and partialy on the players. We have SVG and Dwight Howard., guarantee the magic win in 6.
Dtown84
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#40 » by Dtown84 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:31 pm

If it wasn't for the fact that the Pistons aren't done in round 1 yet, I would have fun in this thread.

Return to The General Board