2nd Round: Detroit vs. Orlando - Series DET leads (1-0)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins this 2nd round series?

Detroit in 4
9%
Detroit in 5
19%
Detroit in 6
27%
Detroit in 7
7%
Orlando in 4
3%
Orlando in 5
1%
Orlando in 6
24%
Orlando in 7
11%

Total votes: 127

jab
Starter
And1: 3
Location: Detroit: Where only the strong survive cause the weak are eaten alive!

Post#41 » by jab » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:37 pm

Greer wrote:My opinion on the Pistons is they are overrated. They have been ever since they won the title. People who think they actually have a chance at winning the title now should be shot and killed. They have a laissez faire attitude that everything will just fall into their lap. Philly is a great team but no way in hell should they have 2 wins on the pistons and the same goes with boston and atlanta. Those teams bring the same effort against the magic they will get crushed. Anyways, if Orlando can effectively guard the pistons, as in all their players play average or to their season standards, then this series will last 5 or 6 games in Orlandos favor. Ultimately, limit Billups to his average or above average self and don't allow him to play like a superstar. IMO, Jameer is just itching to prove himself against billups. Magic getting swept last year was a product of Brian Hill mostly and partialy on the players. We have SVG and Dwight Howard., guarantee the magic win in 6.

:rofl2:
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,254

Post#42 » by J-Mezzy » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:43 pm

I don't think the Magic will win the series, but they have a good chance. The problem with Detroit is that they are cocky. They have this "we are the bad ass Pistons and we don't need to worry" mentality. They won the tile once, just once, but they act as if they deserve the title every year. They are a great team, but they seem to take teams for granted. I know Lebron is great, but Detroit should have beaten Cleveland last year.

Detroit is a better team than the Magic, have experience, and have our number, but they are known to sleep on teams, and the Magic are simply too good to be slept on. I wouldn't be surprised if we beat them.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
Greer
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#43 » by Greer » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:44 pm

jab wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And they lost to the sixers twice and you expect them to beat the lakers or spurs in the finals

Greer
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#44 » by Greer » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:51 pm

Ah don't get sucked into the hype of the pistons every year. They aren't that good. After that title they have been like the mavs of the east. I am surprised people don't say they are chokers but instead they get a more friendly drawn out name like the "team who plays down to their competition." Maybe they play down to their competition or maybe they just aren't that good.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,767

Post#45 » by Cammo101 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:54 pm

Shouldn't the Pistons worry about beating the lowly 76ers in the first round before coming in here. The reason Magic fans think we can win this series is because we have seen your series against Philly. Their athleticism is giving you fits, and we are more athletic than they are.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#46 » by Manocad » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:20 pm

Cammo101 wrote:Shouldn't the Pistons worry about beating the lowly 76ers in the first round before coming in here. The reason Magic fans think we can win this series is because we have seen your series against Philly. Their athleticism is giving you fits, and we are more athletic than they are.

There is palpable nervousness in your posts.
cwas2882
General Manager
And1: 5,802

Post#47 » by cwas2882 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:22 pm

bstein14 wrote:From Magic fans, what realistically makes you think you would win a series against the Pistons?

Detroit swept you last season? Billups light up Nelson. Prince has his way with Hedo. Sheed was able to defend Howard effectively.

I can see going from a SWEEP to Detroit wins in 5,6 or maybe 7...

But what is so different that makes you think you're better than Detroit?

Heart

eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,543

Post#48 » by eyriq » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:24 pm

bstein14 wrote:From Magic fans, what realistically makes you think you would win a series against the Pistons?

Detroit swept you last season? Billups light up Nelson. Prince has his way with Hedo. Sheed was able to defend Howard effectively.

I can see going from a SWEEP to Detroit wins in 5,6 or maybe 7...

But what is so different that makes you think you're better than Detroit?

Two main reasons.

First off the Magic will have the best player on the court all series, and we've seen how that goes with the Pistons. Dwight is having his way this post season and if that continues, look out.

Secondly we have the new additions of Shard and Stan, and that is a huge plus for us over last year.

Does that mean we think we are better? No way, Detroit is the last team in the NBA that I wanted to face. But can we compete and have a descent shot at winning? Definitely.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#49 » by Cammo101 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:29 pm

Manocad wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

There is palpable nervousness in your posts.

Call us when your actually in the 2nd round and then we can discuss the series. A little nervousness will do you good, it's how you play hard every night instead of dropping games at home to the 76ers.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#50 » by Manocad » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:36 pm

Cammo101 wrote:Call us when your actually in the 2nd round and then we can discuss the series. A little nervousness will do you good, it's how you play hard every night instead of dropping games at home to the 76ers.

Now you've done it. I just called Chauncey Billups and told him what you posted; he said that this year he's gonna make Jameer wear a blond wig and lipstick.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#51 » by Cammo101 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:38 pm

Now you've done it. I just called Chauncey Billups and told him what you posted; he said that this year he's gonna make Jameer wear a blond wig and lipstick.

Forderon said the same thing.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#52 » by Manocad » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:41 pm

Cammo101 wrote:Forderon said the same thing.

They aren't Chauncey now, are they? Chauncey has made Jameer his b***h for years. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. I think Jameer is into it, personally.

Hey, you're a Magic fan...what dress size does Jameer wear? Chauncey said he'd spring for a nice, slinky black one. You know, for the funeral.
cwas2882
General Manager
And1: 5,802

Post#53 » by cwas2882 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:55 pm

Heh, Launchy Brick-ups
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#54 » by Cammo101 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:04 pm

They aren't Chauncey now, are they? Chauncey has made Jameer his b***h for years. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. I think Jameer is into it, personally.

Hey, you're a Magic fan...what dress size does Jameer wear? Chauncey said he'd spring for a nice, slinky black one. You know, for the funeral.

Jameer and Rasheed are gonna have to exchange makeup info after this series then, because Dwight has been destroying Sheed and the rest of the 6'5'' Detroit frontline the last couple years as well. Sheed will no doubt go to the Chris Bosh flop and pray defense. What's the over/under on techs for Sheed when the refs are laughing at that instead of calling fouls?
Bucky O'Hare
Banned User

Post#55 » by Bucky O'Hare » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:11 pm

Detroit has one of the sissiest front courts in the league. They make Toronto look tough. Dwight Howard is going to eat them alive and crap them out before this series is over.
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 919

Post#56 » by mattyBoi » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:30 pm

The answer for Chauncey?

Two words my friends

The Ninja
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 4,014

Post#57 » by Last Guardian » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:31 pm

There are a couple reasons we are a little more confident against the Pistons this season:

1. We actually managed to beat them this season. Pistons swept us last season both in the playoffs and regular season. This season, with all the improvements made to the Magic in staff, players and system, we beat them twice and one was a blowout, IN DETROIT.

Actually that is the only reason. And we are definitely not more athletic than Philly, for whoever said that.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,063

Post#58 » by SOUL » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:33 pm

We have some athleticism. Nobody really uses it besides Dwight/Mo though.
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst

Post#59 » by MagicNolesFSU » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:03 pm

Whoever said we are more athletic than philly needs to watch some more basketball...
Illuminati wrote:MagicNoles is a g. Don't bring beef and there ain't no beef.
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#60 » by tranjSAIC » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:58 pm

lol, damnnit, the sad thing is Billups is the one guy in this league I could see doing that to Jameer. Billups is wayyyyy to big for Meer, lets hope Meer brings it and silences the critics. Me included.

Return to The General Board