Boston vs. Atlanta - Series BOS wins (4-3)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

How do you think the series will go the rest of the way?

Celtics will win games 5 and 6
35%
Hawks will win games 5 and 6
11%
Celtics will lose game 5 but win games 6 and 7
4%
Hawks will lose game 5 but win games 6 and 7
49%
Celtics will lose game 5 but win game 6 and lose game 7
1%

Total votes: 85

EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#121 » by EvadedHavoc » Thu May 1, 2008 4:19 am

Looks like its going to be Celtics in 6.
Turgon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,607

Post#122 » by Turgon » Thu May 1, 2008 4:20 am

To be honest, the fact that you played zero defense tonight would be a much better explanation.

Regardless, a team that shot 15 more free throws and still managed to lose by 25 should have a lot more to complain about than the referees.

Now, you may win game six, you may even win game seven but tonight, you just got outplayed, outclassed and outscored. Man up to it!

No disrespect to Atlanta though. You have a very young team that will be a very serious threat in the near future.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#123 » by celticfan42487 » Thu May 1, 2008 4:30 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:Atlanta's athletic ability and shot blocking has made it really hard for Boston to score in the paint, it's the reason they are in the series, because Boston has to shoot more than they want to.

:nod:

We do rely too much on jumpshooting. But right now Pierce is the only guy that can go to the hole with any confidence.

ATL's shotblocking has taken away our only other consistent penetrator in Rondo. And our layup men in Powe/Baby/Perk are prone to beign blocked either due to height (Powe/Baby) or slow mechanical dunking technique (Perk).

It will be intresting to see if Boston Advances if the same effect happens against a team with some athletic players and some non athletic.

Dwight would be fun to watch defensively against this team.
lukeridenour
Bench Warmer

Post#124 » by lukeridenour » Thu May 1, 2008 4:37 am

having been watching this series, can someone recap me on how impressive or disappointed josh childress has been this series?
Manu Ginobili:

* Italian League Championship: 2001
* Italian Cup: 2001, 2002
* Euroleague: 2001
* Americas Championship: 2001
* NBA Championship: 2003, 2005, 2007
* Summer Olympic Games gold medal: 2004
Ortho Stice
Veteran
And1: 76

Post#125 » by Ortho Stice » Thu May 1, 2008 4:51 am

lukeridenour wrote:having been watching this series, can someone recap me on how impressive or disappointed josh childress has been this series?

He's impressed me a lot. Plus he has a nice afro. He doesn't start but has a much, much higher plus/minus stat over Marvin Williams and has been a big factor in their wins. He's really smooth driving to the hoop and finishing, and seems to get rebounds over players twice his weight. Just seems to really care about winning, doing everything he can. Would be a great roleplayer on any team, but not really a star.
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#126 » by greenbeans » Thu May 1, 2008 5:03 am

i heard it didnt come out good on tv, but there was a NICE chant direceted at Horford of "YOURRRRRR A PUUUUUSSSSS****, YOUUUUUUUUURRR AAA PUUUUU***" it was a madhouse over there tonight
P2
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#127 » by P2 » Thu May 1, 2008 5:11 am

Cavs @ C's on Sunday, get ready!
TAI8
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#128 » by TAI8 » Thu May 1, 2008 6:15 am

greenbeans wrote:i heard it didnt come out good on tv, but there was a NICE chant direceted at Horford of "YOURRRRRR A PUUUUUSSSSS****, YOUUUUUUUUURRR AAA PUUUUU***" it was a madhouse over there tonight

:rofl:
lukeridenour
Bench Warmer

Post#129 » by lukeridenour » Thu May 1, 2008 6:30 am

idrinkrootbeer wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He's impressed me a lot. Plus he has a nice afro. He doesn't start but has a much, much higher plus/minus stat over Marvin Williams and has been a big factor in their wins. He's really smooth driving to the hoop and finishing, and seems to get rebounds over players twice his weight. Just seems to really care about winning, doing everything he can. Would be a great roleplayer on any team, but not really a star.

thank you.
AbdicatedReign
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#130 » by AbdicatedReign » Thu May 1, 2008 6:30 am

Interesting game tonight. Closer than the score indicates, as they say. I've seen better called games, but good teams with veterans get the borderline calls in the NBA. Nothing new, and nothing that can't be overcome.
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#131 » by greenbeans » Thu May 1, 2008 6:35 am

AbdicatedReign wrote:Interesting game tonight. Closer than the score indicates, as they say. I've seen better called games, but good teams with veterans get the borderline calls in the NBA. Nothing new, and nothing that can't be overcome.

if anything, it was being called horribly both ways. because i know there were a number goin against the C's that were sketchy . i also wouldnt have paid much attention, as im sure ou wouldnt, to calls goin for my team.
Banks2Pierce
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#132 » by Banks2Pierce » Thu May 1, 2008 6:36 am

24 wins - 66 wins. Mostly because of one man. What will you guys hate on KG for when he picks up 2 rings in these next 3 years?
TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#133 » by TommyPoints » Thu May 1, 2008 12:32 pm

Anyone who says that officiating favored Boston has lost their mind. Atlanta got anything borderline and it sure didn't favor stars. Boston does shoot a lot of jumpers, but I think they were taking what they were given. Atl is seriously athletic make it tough in the paint.
Atlanta Hawk Fan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 659

Post#134 » by Atlanta Hawk Fan » Thu May 1, 2008 2:02 pm

Great game last night by the Celtics. Defensively they forced a half-court game which equals an automatic win for Boston. Ray Allen's 3pt shooting was huge and PP/KG were both consistently productive. Boston was simply the much better team last night.

On the officiating, I thought some of the early calls against Atlanta were sketchy like the 'offensive' foul against JJ but I don't think for a second that they were outcome determinative. The officials also botched a few calls against the Celtics later in the game so that isn't a big deal.

Woodson absolutely has to get this team pushing the pace - even if it is just streaking down the court and then pulling it out when nothing is there. Make the Celtics run to keep up and pick up the gimme baskets when they don't. Atlanta also desperately needs to have a plan to attack Boston when the Celtics double JJ. I can't believe Woodson wasn't ready for that. Flash Horford or Smith to the free throw line and then attack 4 on 3 against the rest of the defense - quickly. After JJ tore Allen up, Atlanta should have known that was coming.

Hopefully Atlanta will be better in Game 6 because that was all Boston last night.

[Whoever was referencing Horford as a p**** needs to think about a rookie that just put up 14 and 10 against Boston - again outrebounding KG and everyone on the Celtics. He was one of the few Atlanta players who really showed up last night.]
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,298

Post#135 » by Dan Z » Thu May 1, 2008 2:25 pm

What happened to Mike Bibby? There was a time when his jump shot was quite good. Oh and he also didn't dribble into double teams and turn the ball over.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Post#136 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Thu May 1, 2008 2:56 pm

Whoever was referencing Horford as a p**** needs to think about a rookie that just put up 14 and 10 against Boston - again outrebounding KG and everyone on the Celtics. He was one of the few Atlanta players who really showed up last night

I haven't watched a good bit of the series, but if I've seen anything it's that Horford is legit. I don't think ATL's got a chance in this series, but they've got a bright future.
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#137 » by magicfan4life05 » Thu May 1, 2008 3:49 pm

The Boston Herald -
Joe Johnson refuses to believe that his Hawks are done in their best-of-seven series against the Celtics, according to the Boston Herald.

The Celtics thumped the Hawks on Wednesday night to take a 3-2 lead in the first round series.

"We lost a lot of games during the year that if we won, we would have gotten a higher seed," said Johnson. "But the seed we have now is great, I don
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
Retrolock
Pro Prospect
And1: 103

Post#138 » by Retrolock » Thu May 1, 2008 3:53 pm

Game 5 was the first game I saw of this series. The Hawks are legit threats. Man if the Celts were a little careless, the Hawks could have overtaken them when they cut down the lead to 8. Posey's timely 3's snuffed that run out.
XD
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#139 » by Celtsfan1980 » Thu May 1, 2008 4:31 pm

Banks2Pierce wrote:24 wins - 66 wins. Mostly because of one man. What will you guys hate on KG for when he picks up 2 rings in these next 3 years?

Pierce was injured and out of shape, Tony Allen was injured for a long time, and Jefferson also suffered through injuries. Rondo wasn't played very often compared to this season either. Ray Allen, Posey, Big Baby, and Powe have all contributed a lot during the season. Garnett has certainly helped and has been a bigger factor than anyone else, but you can't say that most of their increase is due to one player. It's a much different team this year.
JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#140 » by JoshB914 » Thu May 1, 2008 4:56 pm

Atlanta Hawk Fan wrote:Great game last night by the Celtics. Defensively they forced a half-court game which equals an automatic win for Boston. Ray Allen's 3pt shooting was huge and PP/KG were both consistently productive. Boston was simply the much better team last night.

On the officiating, I thought some of the early calls against Atlanta were sketchy like the 'offensive' foul against JJ but I don't think for a second that they were outcome determinative. The officials also botched a few calls against the Celtics later in the game so that isn't a big deal.

Woodson absolutely has to get this team pushing the pace - even if it is just streaking down the court and then pulling it out when nothing is there. Make the Celtics run to keep up and pick up the gimme baskets when they don't. Atlanta also desperately needs to have a plan to attack Boston when the Celtics double JJ. I can't believe Woodson wasn't ready for that. Flash Horford or Smith to the free throw line and then attack 4 on 3 against the rest of the defense - quickly. After JJ tore Allen up, Atlanta should have known that was coming.

Hopefully Atlanta will be better in Game 6 because that was all Boston last night.

[Whoever was referencing Horford as a p**** needs to think about a rookie that just put up 14 and 10 against Boston - again outrebounding KG and everyone on the Celtics. He was one of the few Atlanta players who really showed up last night.]

I think there was a plan of attack when JJ was doubled. It resulted in Marvin Williams, Josh Smith, and Mike Bibby missing wide open shots. The Hawks have to be a threat shooting the ball (other than JJ) or a defense like the Celtics' will make quick work of them.

I don't think Boston fans actually think that against Horford. I would take it as a compliment if I'm a rook that gets great fans like that all worked up about my presence.

Return to The General Board