T-Mac's second round virginity

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#101 » by Baller 24 » Sat May 3, 2008 5:06 pm

Texas Longhorns wrote:Nobody wants T-Mac, I would trade him right now, not for junk, but for at least something that's close to him. Either way, nobody wants him because he's injury prone and now he's about to turn 29 and has never got out of the first round. If you stick him in Boston, this debate will be over, too bad they can't handle his salary. That's another issue, his salary, nobody wants to pay max for him anymore. I think after the 2009-2010 season, if I'm not mistaken, he will become a free agent. I don't think the Rockets will have any plans to resign him unless a sign and trade happens (doubt that). Then maybe he might get out of the first round, by going on a contender or something.

If he isn't resigned to a deal, he will most likely ask for a sign and trade. If we are playing good and out of the first round then Rockets would sign him back.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
Texas Longhorns
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#102 » by Texas Longhorns » Sat May 3, 2008 5:08 pm

Baller 24 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If he isn't resigned to a deal, he will most likely ask for a sign and trade. If we are playing good and out of the first round then Rockets would sign him back.

By then, just getting out the first round wont cut it for anyone in the Rockets front office. Trust me, he will not be resigned, unless he makes some noise in the playoffs, getting out of the first round isn't a lot of noise at all.
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
RapsVC15
RealGM
And1: 424

Post#103 » by RapsVC15 » Sat May 3, 2008 5:09 pm

0-7

Sad part is he probably would have had a ring, or at the very least 2-3 Eastern Conference championships if he had just stayed in Toronto.

But nooooooooooooo, he got selfish.
Baller 24
RealGM

Post#104 » by Baller 24 » Sat May 3, 2008 5:09 pm

Nate505 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I doubt most would choose McGrady or Carter over Deron any day of the week. Maybe some might choose McGrady, but Cater is a miserable cancer.

I'd agree right now. Because the future is bright for Williams.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
Baller 24
RealGM

Post#105 » by Baller 24 » Sat May 3, 2008 5:10 pm

Texas Longhorns wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

By then, just getting out the first round wont cut it for anyone in the Rockets front office. Trust me, he will not be resigned, unless he makes some noise in the playoffs, getting out of the first round isn't a lot of noise at all.

This is the most success the Rockets organization has had in terms of winning games and getting to the playoffs with a high seed since the Hakeem era. I don't know man, the McGrady and Yao combo has only been tested out twice in the playoffs. In 2005, Yao wasn't play like he is right now, he wasn't aggressive and was very soft. In 2007, Yao wasn't 100% in the playoffs, but you can't measure an experiment of the Yao and Mac combo based on just two years of playoff experiment. There have always been certain circumstances. So I wouldn't rule him out just quite yet.

EDIT: Unless there is some kind of problem injury wise.
Baller 24
RealGM

Post#106 » by Baller 24 » Sat May 3, 2008 5:13 pm

TJ11 wrote:0-7

Sad part is he probably would have had a ring, or at the very least 2-3 Eastern Conference championships if he had just stayed in Toronto.

But nooooooooooooo, he got selfish.

Seriously just like his cousin.
Texas Longhorns
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#107 » by Texas Longhorns » Sat May 3, 2008 5:15 pm

BUT, there's always excuses, injuries, etc. We have to start thinking about moving in a new direction some time, right? I mean, Yao can't and won't just wait around forever, who knows, he may ask for a trade if we don't get out of the 1st round next season. Yao is a little younger than T-Mac but he's the best player on this team IMO. He has a little edge of T-Mac now in to decide what things need to be done for this team's success.
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
Baller 24
RealGM

Post#108 » by Baller 24 » Sat May 3, 2008 5:23 pm

Texas Longhorns wrote:BUT, there's always excuses, injuries, etc. We have to start thinking about moving in a new direction some time, right? I mean, Yao can't and won't just wait around forever, who knows, he may ask for a trade if we don't get out of the 1st round next season. Yao is a little younger than T-Mac but he's the best player on this team IMO. He has a little edge of T-Mac now in to decide what things need to be done for this team's success.

Yao isn't going to want to leave, just his personality and he just isn't that kind of person. On the business side of the deal, the Rockets get to make a lot of money from the Yao trade. Yao is one year younger then Mac. And he deserves the blame as much as Tmac does.
shaqfan1
General Manager
And1: 4

Post#109 » by shaqfan1 » Sat May 3, 2008 5:38 pm

And the cycle continues. At the end of every offseason, Rockets fans praise their GM and talk about how finally they have talent on their team. Finally Tmac will have some talent on his team to get out of the first round. And at the end of their first round exit every year, they talk about how it's not Tmac's fault they lost. It was a lack of talent on the team.

There were many Rockets fans during the offseason that were saying the moves of their GM were comparable to Danny Ainge's moves. Some of you were even saying based on how the season would play out, the Rockets GM would win Executive of the Year over Ainge.

And after another playoff exit, the Rockets didn't have enough talent on their team. Nice.
DuckIII wrote:All 3 of them joining forces in Miami is the NBA's worst nightmare (shared by TNT, ABC, and ESPN)...it is a simple, irrefutable fact, that Wade/LeBron/Bosh in Miami is pretty much the worst possible result from a business perspective.
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#110 » by magicfan4life05 » Sat May 3, 2008 5:44 pm

tmac did all he could, the rockets just fell short this year. His playoff numbers are much greater than his regular season, so he steps it up. Aside from game 2 when he was held scoreless in the 4th, hes done what he could. What else is he supposed to do? He's produced but just hasnt gotten it done, what more is there to say.
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
LakerFanMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#111 » by LakerFanMan » Sat May 3, 2008 5:49 pm

It's his help. That team wouldn't have even been in the playoffs at all if not for TMac. Battier, Alston, Scola (a rookie), and Mutumbo (could be 75 years old for all we know) were the only help he had. He took it to 6 against the Jazz. But, of course, people are going to once again put all the blame on him.
Storm Surge
General Manager

Post#112 » by Storm Surge » Sat May 3, 2008 5:58 pm

Texas Longhorns wrote:Nobody wants T-Mac, I would trade him right now, not for junk, but for at least something that's close to him. Either way, nobody wants him because he's injury prone and now he's about to turn 29 and has never got out of the first round. If you stick him in Boston, this debate will be over, too bad they can't handle his salary. That's another issue, his salary, nobody wants to pay max for him anymore. I think after the 2009-2010 season, if I'm not mistaken, he will become a free agent. I don't think the Rockets will have any plans to resign him unless a sign and trade happens (doubt that). Then maybe he might get out of the first round, by going on a contender or something.

The only players "close" to t-mac would be Joe Johnson, and even t-mac is better than him, and ATL wouldn't do the deal.

You don't trade superstar players unless you are prepared to go into a hard rebuilding process, you get deals like what Philly got in return for Iverson, toronto for vince etc.

I'm surprised KG got that deal, Al Jefferson is looking good, but he is not a prime time player, he is great for minny since they are rebuilding, but we are win now.

Look @ Kobe in Game 7 vs. the Suns a few years ago, he disappeared too. Blew a 3-1 lead. T-Mac has done the same thing. NOBODY can do it by themselves, not even Kobe.

It's totally unfair, Kobe tried to do it by himself too, he couldn't do it, just like t-mac. Yet somehow Kobe gets a pass because he's had Shaq and now Gasol/Odom on his squad. Ppl say he's not a choker. T-Mac would have had some amazing performances in the Playoffs too. He just hasn't been out of the 1st round for us to see that.

T-Mac averaged like 45PPG when they played Detroit for the first 4 or so games, he tried to do it by himself, he came close, but he can't do it, nobody can do it.

Who did McGrady have all those years? Drew Gooden? Dikembe Mutombo?

MJ scored 63 pts in the playoffs vs. the Celtics and still lost. the GOAT can't do it by himself either. He needed help to win championships.
kingmalaki
Pro Prospect
And1: 119

Post#113 » by kingmalaki » Sat May 3, 2008 6:47 pm

shaqfan1 wrote:And the cycle continues. At the end of every offseason, Rockets fans praise their GM and talk about how finally they have talent on their team. Finally Tmac will have some talent on his team to get out of the first round. And at the end of their first round exit every year, they talk about how it's not Tmac's fault they lost. It was a lack of talent on the team.

There were many Rockets fans during the offseason that were saying the moves of their GM were comparable to Danny Ainge's moves. Some of you were even saying based on how the season would play out, the Rockets GM would win Executive of the Year over Ainge.

And after another playoff exit, the Rockets didn't have enough talent on their team. Nice.

Yeah, they didn't have enough talent after their star C and PG went down. I can't think of too many teams with that much talent. Maybe LA, and that's only because the Grizz gave...yes GAVE...them another star big.
Baller 24
RealGM

Post#114 » by Baller 24 » Sat May 3, 2008 7:13 pm

magicfan4life05 wrote:tmac did all he could, the rockets just fell short this year. His playoff numbers are much greater than his regular season, so he steps it up. Aside from game 2 when he was held scoreless in the 4th, hes done what he could. What else is he supposed to do? He's produced but just hasnt gotten it done, what more is there to say.

NICE AVATAR :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bowdown: :clap: :D
rewill17
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#115 » by rewill17 » Sat May 3, 2008 7:52 pm

I can't find a vid of the postgame presser anywhere.

Did T-Mac cry like a little girl again?
Storm Surge
General Manager

Post#116 » by Storm Surge » Sat May 3, 2008 7:57 pm

rewill17 wrote:I can't find a vid of the postgame presser anywhere.

Did T-Mac cry like a little girl again?

Wow, I never thought of that! You are hilarious!!! Do you have any gigs booked?
ubernathan
Veteran
And1: 548

Post#117 » by ubernathan » Sat May 3, 2008 7:59 pm

I have faith in the Rox, with Yao back next season and maybe a nice free agent pickup, we'll get to the 2nd round.
HTown34s
Senior
And1: 0

Post#118 » by HTown34s » Sat May 3, 2008 8:01 pm

jazz1232dc wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

A lot of members on this site aren't smart enough to look at the big picture for game 6 and this was the big picture. Alston goes out and the Rockets make their run led by TMac. The lead for Utah is 4 going into the 3rd quarter and this so-called superstar puts up a very impressive 0 points. Not only that but he's walking up the court, standing on the weak side watching the pathetic Rockets offense, and playing piss-poor defense. The Rockets were right there in the 3rd and TMac quit on his team. Don't give me the 40 point, blah, blah, blah stats. When his team needed him the most, he gave up.

I don't feel bad for him at all. It's a shame studs like Alston, Scola, Landry, Battier, and Hayes have to put up with his crap. TMac is a ball hog, team killer, selfish, overrated superstar that has the basketball IQ of a hockey player.

The bigger picture is knowing the game within the game you idiot and finding others ways to make an impact when other avenues are denied to you. You obviously have no clue as to what's going on outside of stats. Players don't just chunk up crazy numbers every quarter like NBA Live. If the onus is on you and you're getting bodied up on every play and the lane is getting clogged up, you try to involve your teammates. The defense picked up in the third and if you had paid any attention, you would've noticed the impact he made outside of scoring.

For one, we had Jackson and Brooks running the point and they were having difficulty getting the ball into McGrady. When McGrady did get it he forced a few jumpers early that were well defended by Brewer and as an end result he started driving the lane and when it collapsed he was kicking it out to the open player. Jackson missed at least 2 wide-open 3's on the wing Battier missed at least 1 and Brooks missed 2-3 from up top plus the layup he blew underneath. All these were set up from McGrady penetrating and finding the open player.

The funny thing is, if half of those shots were made, McGrady has 7-8 assists alone in that qtr. The only assists that were converted was Hayes
[Insert witty comment here]
Serpo
Veteran

Post#119 » by Serpo » Sat May 3, 2008 8:02 pm

They need Yao and T-Mac to wear protective suits during the regular season otherwise i see one of the two going done for many games once again .

Maybe they should borrow that cryogenic chamber Dirk used :rofl: :rofl:
Laz-E-Boy
Assistant Coach

Post#120 » by Laz-E-Boy » Sat May 3, 2008 8:56 pm

It's never been McGrady's fault. Only last year could you make a reasonable case.

HTown34s wrote:The bigger picture is knowing the game within the game you idiot and finding others ways to make an impact when other avenues are denied to you. You obviously have no clue as to what's going on outside of stats. Players don't just chunk up crazy numbers every quarter like NBA Live. If the onus is on you and you're getting bodied up on every play and the lane is getting clogged up, you try to involve your teammates. The defense picked up in the third and if you had paid any attention, you would've noticed the impact he made outside of scoring.

For one, we had Jackson and Brooks running the point and they were having difficulty getting the ball into McGrady. When McGrady did get it he forced a few jumpers early that were well defended by Brewer and as an end result he started driving the lane and when it collapsed he was kicking it out to the open player. Jackson missed at least 2 wide-open 3's on the wing Battier missed at least 1 and Brooks missed 2-3 from up top plus the layup he blew underneath. All these were set up from McGrady penetrating and finding the open player.

The funny thing is, if half of those shots were made, McGrady has 7-8 assists alone in that qtr. The only assists that were converted was Hayes

Return to The General Board