T-Mac's second round virginity

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

JStockLivesOn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#161 » by JStockLivesOn » Sun May 4, 2008 4:20 am

It's pretty easy to hate Malone if you're not a Jazz fan. He was arguably the best power forward of all time and put up huge numbers against people's favorite teams and players. He was known to talk trash through the media, including his desire not to play against Magic after he got HIV, for what he called safety reasons. There were several incidents where one could credibly argue that he elbowed or hit someone on purpose and it resulted in stitches or the like (the elbow to David Robinson being the most referred-to). And then, of course, there's some questionable decisions made in his youth.

I dare someone, though, to talk trash about John Stockton as a player or a human being.
"Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested, we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter."
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,842

Post#162 » by Nate505 » Sun May 4, 2008 4:24 am

Storm Surge wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It is fair to say that the Jazz are universally the most disliked franchise in the NBA.

There is even a website that was made about this. though it looks like it is just one or two guys, and this was 6 years ago.

http://www.makingpages.org/hoops/jazzholes-2002.html

Wow, your proof is a piss poor website made by a Rockets fan?

Brilliant defense Perry Mason!
Conadra
Banned User

Post#163 » by Conadra » Sun May 4, 2008 10:58 am

No one is blaming T-mac this year. Yao is injured and Jazz is a quality team. Last year? Yes, he was partly responsible for the game 7 collapse.
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#164 » by RoxFan08 » Sun May 4, 2008 5:41 pm

Conadra wrote:No one is blaming T-mac this year. Yao is injured and Jazz is a quality team. Last year? Yes, he was partly responsible for the game 7 collapse.

/thread

This post sums up everything that needs to be said. As usual, jack*** Jazz fans stick their faces where they don't belong and incite heated virtual arguments by making bull**** statements. Seriously, enjoy your victory, and shut the **** up!
JStockLivesOn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#165 » by JStockLivesOn » Sun May 4, 2008 6:55 pm

RoxFan08 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

/thread

This post sums up everything that needs to be said. As usual, jack*** Jazz fans stick their faces where they don't belong and incite heated virtual arguments by making bull**** statements. Seriously, enjoy your victory, and shut the **** up!

And as usual, there's just as many jack*** Rockets fans making bull**** statements as well.
"Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested, we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter."
richboy
RealGM
And1: 2,486

Post#166 » by richboy » Sun May 4, 2008 7:45 pm

shawngoat23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Those Pistons were still better than the Magic by a considerable amount though. If you gave any number of star players that kind of supporting cast, they would whine incessantly as well.

Consider how much heat LeBron's supporting cast got last year. Drew Gooden, who you say is TMac's #2 guy, was Lebron's #4 guys last year (#5 in the playoffs).

What you consider considerable. Last year Pistons vs Magic series was a considerable amount.

Your going buy what you know about players right now. Gooden was playing so well during that time Magic fans wouldn't have traded him for Jermaine O'neal. They were playing some of the best basketball in the East going into the playoffs. The Magic came into that series the better offensive team. Outside of Chauncey Billups and RIP they had no offense. The idea that the Magic couldn't compete at all in that series. Its not like there was a 20 game gap between the Pistons and Magic in wins.
DraftBoy10
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#167 » by DraftBoy10 » Sun May 4, 2008 8:40 pm

JStockLivesOn wrote:It's pretty easy to hate Malone if you're not a Jazz fan. He was arguably the best power forward of all time and put up huge numbers against people's favorite teams and players. He was known to talk trash through the media, including his desire not to play against Magic after he got HIV, for what he called safety reasons. There were several incidents where one could credibly argue that he elbowed or hit someone on purpose and it resulted in stitches or the like (the elbow to David Robinson being the most referred-to). And then, of course, there's some questionable decisions made in his youth.

I dare someone, though, to talk trash about John Stockton as a player or a human being.

Here I'll do it, you mormon.

Do you remember that time when Stockton made that 3 to beat the Rockets in 6? When he was jumping around like a little **** kid? I thought that was hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing at that. It was great to see one of the least emotional players ever to demonstrate such (childish) behavior, and it was best to know that they got their ass smacked by Chicago.

Stockton-Era Jazz= 0 Rings, 19 Playoffs. Definition of Failure.

/Thread.
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,842

Post#168 » by Nate505 » Sun May 4, 2008 8:52 pm

DraftBoy10 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Here I'll do it, you mormon.

Do you remember that time when Stockton made that 3 to beat the Rockets in 6? When he was jumping around like a little **** kid? I thought that was hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing at that. It was great to see one of the least emotional players ever to demonstrate such (childish) behavior, and it was best to know that they got their ass smacked by Chicago.

Stockton-Era Jazz= 0 Rings, 19 Playoffs. Definition of Failure.

/Thread.

Speaking of failure, your smack is about the weakest sauce out there.

Try adding things like wit and good points. Maybe you'll succeed in the future!
Vinsane15
Veteran
And1: 21

Post#169 » by Vinsane15 » Mon May 5, 2008 1:43 am

Wow T-Mac if only you didn't b*tch about the weather in Toronto, you could have at least won a few playoff series with us, who knows maybe a finals appearance vs the Lakers dynasty? you could have taken the $75 million we were offering you and played with your superstar cousin. T-Mac also could have stayed with D12 and the Magic, he knows(him being someone who jumped from H.S to the NBA) that D12 would take some time but he would be a star in this league one day and he and D12 could be a strong due for the future(T-mac was only 25 then to), but he b*tched again and left Orlando.

BUT even after his mistakes , before I laughed at his failures, now I feel actually sorry for him, please the Spurs, Pistons or Suns take him and let him get past the 1st round...
Bucs80
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#170 » by Bucs80 » Mon May 5, 2008 3:14 am

vinsanity11 wrote:Wow T-Mac if only you didn't b*tch about the weather in Toronto, you could have at least won a few playoff series with us, who knows maybe a finals appearance vs the Lakers dynasty? you could have taken the $75 million we were offering you and played with your superstar cousin. T-Mac also could have stayed with D12 and the Magic, he knows(him being someone who jumped from H.S to the NBA) that D12 would take some time but he would be a star in this league one day and he and D12 could be a strong due for the future(T-mac was only 25 then to), but he b*tched again and left Orlando.

BUT even after his mistakes , before I laughed at his failures, now I feel actually sorry for him, please the Spurs, Pistons or Suns take him and let him get past the 1st round...

I love tmac and all but i wish he had been more patient, I would have to say that a tmac and howard team would look unstopable and he would have been out of the first round.
Storm Surge
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#171 » by Storm Surge » Mon May 5, 2008 3:30 am

Bucs80 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I love tmac and all but i wish he had been more patient, I would have to say that a tmac and howard team would look unstopable and he would have been out of the first round.

Yao-T-Mac duo is also great. He has been unlucky with injuries and being in a tough west.

When healthy Yao vs. Howard is comparable anyways. Yao too would have destroyed the weak Raptors frontline.
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 2,045

Post#172 » by Blazing_royale » Mon May 5, 2008 3:32 am

Storm Surge wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yao-T-Mac duo is also great. He has been unlucky with injuries and being in a tough west.

When healthy Yao vs. Howard is comparable anyways. Yao too would have destroyed the weak Raptors frontline.

T-Mac / Carter Duo beats both.
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
rewill17
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#173 » by rewill17 » Mon May 5, 2008 4:54 am

C Dwight Howard
F ???
F Hedayet Turkgalu
G Tracy Mcgrady
G Jameer Nelson

vs.

C Antonio Davis
F Charles Oakley
F Vince Carter
G Tracy Mcgrady
G Alvin Williams

i like Orlando better...
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,357

Post#174 » by durden_tyler » Mon May 5, 2008 5:08 am

What escapes us is that it's not TMac's team but it's Tmac, he just disappears in the crucial moments of the postseason... Even with Yao, they will still struggle against the Jazz or any of the top teams in the West.

Tmac is a "superstar" with the quote-unquote. He's just not on the same level as Lebron, Kobe or Wade.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
TiMacMania
RealGM

Post#175 » by TiMacMania » Mon May 5, 2008 5:11 am

durden_tyler wrote:What escapes us is that it's not TMac's team but it's Tmac, he just disappears in the crucial moments of the postseason... Even with Yao, they will still struggle against the Jazz or any of the top teams in the West.

Tmac is a "superstar" with the quote-unquote. He's just not on the same level as Lebron, Kobe or Wade.

please dont put wade in this level
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#176 » by Baller 24 » Mon May 5, 2008 5:12 am

TiMacMania wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

please dont put wade in this level

Seriously, half these people don't even know what there talking about.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#177 » by Flash3 » Mon May 5, 2008 9:35 am

There has to come time when the blame is put on T-Mac. I can't comment on his recent post season, because I haven't had access to it (being out of the country), but still, something has to give!

Players such as Kobe, Wade, & LeBron have taken over post-season series' with their team-mates doing nothing but standing around, Kobe and Wade most notably; WCFs and NBA Finals, respectively.

Will he ever get out? Yeah, but not as the main-option, IMO.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
TiMacMania
RealGM

Post#178 » by TiMacMania » Mon May 5, 2008 11:49 am

Baller 24 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Seriously, half these people don't even know what there talking about.

yeah seriously...people need to watch more games....and how mcgrady elevevates his game in the playoffs is amazing...not a lot of players can do that...

there are maybe 3 players better than him and thats it...

if he can stay healthy next year and be in the low post he will have a mvp run
TiMacMania
RealGM

Post#179 » by TiMacMania » Mon May 5, 2008 11:52 am

Flash3 wrote:There has to come time when the blame is put on T-Mac. I can't comment on his recent post season, because I haven't had access to it (being out of the country), but still, something has to give!

Players such as Kobe, Wade, & LeBron have taken over post-season series' with their team-mates doing nothing but standing around, Kobe and Wade most notably; WCFs and NBA Finals, respectively.

Will he ever get out? Yeah, but not as the main-option, IMO.

kobe did?

wade had shaq (and played in the east) lebron well, he made it but can barely beat the wiz lol...mcgrady had **** on his team and almost won it...( he was always the underdog in those series) nobody can carry a team by himself NOBODY...
bigballa3jj
Bench Warmer
And1: 183

Post#180 » by bigballa3jj » Mon May 5, 2008 11:56 am

rewill17 wrote:C Dwight Howard
F ???
F Hedayet Turkgalu
G Tracy Mcgrady
G Jameer Nelson

vs.

C Antonio Davis
F Charles Oakley/Chris Bosh