2nd Round: LA Lakers vs. Utah - Series LAL leads (2-1)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Which duo will perform better in game 3?

Kobe Bryant/Pau Gasol
45%
Deron Williams/Carlos Boozer
55%

Total votes: 51

NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#61 » by NetsForce » Fri May 9, 2008 3:27 pm

If the Refs stop calling tick-tack fouls the Lakers are going to have a block fest headed by Ronny Turiaf.
JStockLivesOn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#62 » by JStockLivesOn » Fri May 9, 2008 3:28 pm

dingclancy wrote:I hope no one throws beer or any liquid like the last Laker gamer at Utah.

There'll always be some idiot at any basketball game, unfortunately...
"Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested, we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter."
JStockLivesOn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#63 » by JStockLivesOn » Fri May 9, 2008 3:29 pm

NetsForce wrote:If the Refs stop calling tick-tack fouls the Lakers are going to have a block fest headed by Ronny Turiaf.

I highly doubt that.
"Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested, we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter."
Crooked-I
General Manager
And1: 2,686

Post#64 » by Crooked-I » Fri May 9, 2008 3:31 pm

jazz1232dc wrote:I'd be shocked if we won this game by less than 20 points. This is going to be a Jazz blowout. Very similar to game 3 last year against the Spurs. I'd bet the morgage we win tonight by a wide margin. Game 4 will be the tough one for us.

If we can somehow get this series back to a 2-2 tie, anything can happen in game 5. Honestly I think we'll win tonight and LA will take game 4 and 5 to win the series 4-1.

I'd definetly take that bet seeing how the Lakers only lost by 20+ once the whole season and haven't come close to loosing by that much with Pau in the lineup.
Bgil
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#65 » by Bgil » Fri May 9, 2008 3:35 pm

I'd be surprised if Utah won more than one game in this series.
"I'm sure they'll jump off the bandwagon. Then when we do get back on top, they're going to want to jump back on, and we're going to tell them there's no more room." - Kobe in March of 2005
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,199

Post#66 » by LAKESHOW » Fri May 9, 2008 3:54 pm

these are fans that boo and jeered derek fisher. a guy who had to leave for medical reasons, but when he played there, he was pivotal in their playoff and season run. gave all that he had. classless. these are fans that made some tape of karl malone, a hall of famer?? and blared it on the loud speaker in regards to kobe and his issues at the time in 03 or 04 i believe. thats not a hostile crowd the LAKERs are facing, thats an anal crowd. its not going to be easy. but i want a sweep and deliver a crushing defeat on their home court!!
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
jazz1232dc
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#67 » by jazz1232dc » Fri May 9, 2008 4:00 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:these are fans that boo and jeered derek fisher. a guy who had to leave for medical reasons

Insult removed. Consider this a warning.

tkb
Iggyemu
RealGM

Post#68 » by Iggyemu » Fri May 9, 2008 4:04 pm

Lakers will probably lose this game tonight. But if they win I think that pretty much sends the statement that they are the best team in the playoffs and are going to win a title unless there is some injury to either Kobe, Pau, Odom or Fisher.
"One Ring makes a Champion......Six Rings make a Legend" - Michael Jeffrey Jordan
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#69 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Fri May 9, 2008 4:19 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:these are fans that boo and jeered derek fisher. a guy who had to leave for medical reasons, but when he played there, he was pivotal in their playoff and season run. gave all that he had. classless.

Utah fans proved how low they can sink last year against Golden State in the playoffs. Their rep is common knowledge these days.
Big Bird
Senior

Post#70 » by Big Bird » Fri May 9, 2008 4:25 pm

Wow, 9 hours to tipoff and the name calling has already begun?

Fisher went to a team that was on the verge of implosion, with their star player wanting out after winning a measly 42 games and being bounced in the 1st round once again; he went to that team from the Jazz, who played in the WC Finals and looked like a team to contend for years. On top of that he took a huge pay cut to do so. Any person who believes he had some secret plot to bring him to a team that now looks like a title contender but was anything but at the time just to screw the Jazz over and on top of that use his daughter's illness (which by the way is so serious, although rare, that she hardly sees with the eye they will probably have to remove in some time) as an excuse is either incredibly naive or just too full of hate and bitterness to understand the larger picture.

Meh, I don't know why this even has to be dragged here, it's been discussed to the death already and perhaps it's just best to let it be.

peace
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,009

Post#71 » by Gus McCrae » Fri May 9, 2008 4:55 pm

well. let's go for 7 straight.

"I don't always like sweeping my oppenents. but when I do..I prefer sweeping the Jazz."

Stay thirsty my friends.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#72 » by NetsForce » Fri May 9, 2008 5:02 pm

I hope Derek Fisher drops 30. That would just make my day.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,094

Post#73 » by Sedale Threatt » Fri May 9, 2008 5:05 pm

So they're going to boo Fisher. Big deal. Doesn't sound like it's going to bother him much, so why should it bother any of us Laker fans?
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#74 » by LAKESHOW » Fri May 9, 2008 5:12 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:So they're going to boo Fisher. Big deal. Doesn't sound like it's going to bother him much, so why should it bother any of us Laker fans?

well you have a point sedale, true, but also, kobe pointed it out as much during a postgame interview. and it was a sticking point when they blew them out the last time.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#75 » by HarlemHeat37 » Fri May 9, 2008 5:17 pm

this is playoff basketball..these players are getting paid millions of $..I highly doubt Fisher will be bothered by boos and chants..

as for the Jazz fans..hopefully they chant some inappropriate comments, and hopefully they boo as much as they possibly can..you have make full use of home court advantage..
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#76 » by LAKESHOW » Fri May 9, 2008 5:34 pm

no. they should remain calm and civil. thats what homecourt is all about. showing how respectful ones fans are, and how much class they have.
BiggMann
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#77 » by BiggMann » Fri May 9, 2008 5:38 pm

I agree with everyone who say Jazz fans showed little class in Booing Fish. He asked out of his contract to be closer to medical attention, Larry Miller agreed to let Fisher out of his contract and I dont think anyone truely questioned why we let him go... because when it comes down to it Family comes first and know one understands that better than Larry Miller, he's a devoted family man and has strong faith in the church which is based on family.

It just got really confusing when Fisher signed with LA so soon after being released. We all thought he needed to go to NY or somewhere back east, the reasoning for us Jazz fans being so upset is because he is a LAKER and that is it PERIOD. I guarantee no one person would've boo'd Fisher if he returned wearing a Knick, Net or Bulls jersey... but the fact he is wearing Purple and Gold makes him an instant foe on the court.

Besides i cannot remember ONE game while Fisher was here in utah where he had a game like he did in game 2. I NEVER saw him shoot that well, or get to the rack with such consistency while wearing a Utah Jersey. He's playing out of his mind in LA, and I'm happy for him, but the fact that he came out and Torched us really leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth.

Fish is a class act, no doubt about it. When he left most fans were bitter, but in the end Ronnie Brewer developed into a fantastic 2 and we saved ALOT of money letting him out of his contract. Money that will be used to resign our future, Deron, Brewer, Milsap, CJ.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#78 » by HarlemHeat37 » Fri May 9, 2008 5:52 pm

I don't think booing someone for leaving your team is a lack of class..

lack of class is cheering when someone on the other team is injured, or not applauding when he gets up..or chanting something personal about a family member..a "Fisher sucks" or a chant about Fisher being a traitor or something isn't personal..if they chanted something about Fisher's daughter, then that would show lack of class..

chanting "DUI" isn't classless..chanting about Kobe or Kidd's sexual activities isn't classless..

home court advantage is about getting every advantage you can get..whether it is from your fans cheering for you, from favorable calls, or from your fans trying to get in your opponent's head..

it's a good risk..it can get them off their game, or it could fire them up..
JStockLivesOn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#79 » by JStockLivesOn » Fri May 9, 2008 6:22 pm

Allow me to cut through all of this stupid **** and bottom line it for everybody:

No one should be upset with Fisher for leaving. Who are we to decide whether he was being forthright in his reasoning? I say you give the benefit of the doubt to a guy whose daughter had a brush with death and still has to deal with ongoing cancer treatment.

And whoever says the Jazz fans have no right to boo Fisher, get the hell off of your high horse, PLEASE. He's an opponent. I liked Fish a lot when he was here (his late arrival to the Warriors' game is my second-favorite Jazz moment of all time) and I still respect him. But if I was at ESA, I'd be booing my ass off. He's on the other team!
jazz1232dc
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#80 » by jazz1232dc » Fri May 9, 2008 6:28 pm

NetsForce wrote:I hope Derek Fisher drops 30. That would just make my day.

As long as we win I don't care if he scores 50.

Return to The General Board