2nd Round: LA Lakers vs. Utah - Series LAL leads (2-1)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Which duo will perform better in game 3?

Kobe Bryant/Pau Gasol
45%
Deron Williams/Carlos Boozer
55%

Total votes: 51

xstockholmsyndromex
Head Coach
And1: 0

Post#81 » by xstockholmsyndromex » Fri May 9, 2008 6:28 pm

JellosJigglin wrote:The refs have been favoring Kobe and the Lakers. We'll see if that trend continues.

Fixed!
doctaJ_92
Assistant Coach
And1: 171

Post#82 » by doctaJ_92 » Fri May 9, 2008 6:40 pm

Favoring? The Jazz foul him everytime he drives. I'd say they should double him but that wouldnt work because LA just doesnt miss jumpshots anymore. Sloans gonna have to think up something insane to stop the juggernaut that is the Lakers offence.
Read on Twitter
BiggMann
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#83 » by BiggMann » Fri May 9, 2008 7:01 pm

doctaJ_92 wrote:Favoring? The Jazz foul him everytime he drives. .

And Deron gets hacked everytime he drives to the rim too... but you dont see him shooting 23 FT's a game.
Hoops Pimp
Junior

Post#84 » by Hoops Pimp » Fri May 9, 2008 7:29 pm

The worst thing Jazz fans could do is boo D Fish and piss of the Lakers and especially Kobe.

Jazz fans should do the normal booing and screaming but nothing directed at D Fish or Kobe directly. If Kobe gets mad, Utah will have a bunch of guys in even worse foul trouble, go for 40 and try to keep setting Fish up for corner 3's.

The Jazz need to stay civil and not piss Kobe off.
"One of my Ho's asked me one day why I play hoops and my sneakers never get dirty? I told her I got more hang time than M.J. and my sneakers never touch the ground."

Hoops Pimp
JStockLivesOn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#85 » by JStockLivesOn » Fri May 9, 2008 7:55 pm

Hoops Pimp wrote:The worst thing Jazz fans could do is boo D Fish and piss of the Lakers and especially Kobe.

Jazz fans should do the normal booing and screaming but nothing directed at D Fish or Kobe directly. If Kobe gets mad, Utah will have a bunch of guys in even worse foul trouble, go for 40 and try to keep setting Fish up for corner 3's.

The Jazz need to stay civil and not piss Kobe off.

The Jazz fans always boo Kobe specifically. That's probably why he's had a lot of good games here.
"Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested, we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter."
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#86 » by NetsForce » Fri May 9, 2008 8:01 pm

BiggMann wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And Deron gets hacked everytime he drives to the rim too... but you dont see him shooting 23 FT's a game.

Lucky for the Lakers Deron is driving to the rim an average of 3 times a game this series...
Bgil
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#87 » by Bgil » Fri May 9, 2008 8:02 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:I don't think booing someone for leaving your team is a lack of class..

lack of class is cheering when someone on the other team is injured, or not applauding when he gets up..or chanting something personal about a family member..a "Fisher sucks" or a chant about Fisher being a traitor or something isn't personal..if they chanted something about Fisher's daughter, then that would show lack of class..

chanting "DUI" isn't classless..chanting about Kobe or Kidd's sexual activities isn't classless..

home court advantage is about getting every advantage you can get..whether it is from your fans cheering for you, from favorable calls, or from your fans trying to get in your opponent's head..

it's a good risk..it can get them off their game, or it could fire them up..

Half the people in the crowd booing have done the same stuff.
"I'm sure they'll jump off the bandwagon. Then when we do get back on top, they're going to want to jump back on, and we're going to tell them there's no more room." - Kobe in March of 2005
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#88 » by LLcoleJ » Fri May 9, 2008 8:06 pm

This will be a tough game in a hostile evironment. I look for the Lakers to weather the storm and hopefully keep it close and steal it at the end.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
tkb
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 198

Post#89 » by tkb » Fri May 9, 2008 8:16 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:this is playoff basketball..these players are getting paid millions of $..I highly doubt Fisher will be bothered by boos and chants..

as for the Jazz fans..hopefully they chant some inappropriate comments, and hopefully they boo as much as they possibly can..you have make full use of home court advantage..

I hope the crowd gets Kobe riled up too.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#90 » by LLcoleJ » Fri May 9, 2008 8:19 pm

I hope there are many boos towards the Lakers tonight. It doesnt seem to bother the Lakers, in fact it fuels them.

BOO ON!
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Deuce33
Pro Prospect

Post#91 » by Deuce33 » Fri May 9, 2008 8:30 pm

Phil_2.0 wrote:I hope there are many boos towards the Lakers tonight. It doesnt seem to bother the Lakers, in fact it fuels them.

BOO ON!

I think that's why we play better on the road. Something about the crowd just makes us want to shut them the hell up
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#92 » by TMACFORMVP » Fri May 9, 2008 9:21 pm

Should be a good game, Utah is terrific at home and in a must win situation. There defense needs to tighten up and Boozer HAS to show up, otherwise this series could be over fast.
Scoob Seriously
Sophomore

Post#93 » by Scoob Seriously » Fri May 9, 2008 9:21 pm

KobeIsKing24 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'd definetly take that bet seeing how the Lakers only lost by 20+ once the whole season and haven't come close to loosing by that much with Pau in the lineup.

Wasn't that in Utah?
Big Bird
Senior

Post#94 » by Big Bird » Fri May 9, 2008 9:30 pm

@BiggMann and JStockLivesOn: thanks for clearing that up... I can understand booing because he's an opponent. Reading stuff like "He's a traitor" and "He used his daughters illness to get away from us and screw us over" and similar nonsense on several Utah newspaper columns is what bothers me. And the fact that I strongly suspect the majority doesn't look at the situation from your point of view. But okay, let's put this subject to rest, he'll be booed as will the others and that's life. I just hope we don't have to read any insults regarding him over here.

p.s.: supposedly (I can't remember where I read this) he was in discussion with the Clippers also (he couldn't go to NYK because they didn't need any more guards - also supposedly). And the Lakers team was not even a team at the time. So it's not like he screwed you guys over to go play for a contender...

cheers
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,580

Post#95 » by hermes » Fri May 9, 2008 9:36 pm

clippers?
CB4MiamiHeat
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#96 » by CB4MiamiHeat » Fri May 9, 2008 9:37 pm

thinking of putting money on the Lakers...+5
Bgil
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#97 » by Bgil » Fri May 9, 2008 9:37 pm

Neither the Knicks, Nets, or Bulls needed guards. Even if he hadn't had history with the Lakers they would have been the best fit for him. where else would he have gone and been the defacto starter?
"I'm sure they'll jump off the bandwagon. Then when we do get back on top, they're going to want to jump back on, and we're going to tell them there's no more room." - Kobe in March of 2005
eatyourchildren
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#98 » by eatyourchildren » Fri May 9, 2008 10:58 pm

Re: my point earlier about taking out Deron vs. taking out Kobe

David Thorpe wrote:One theory is to "cut off the head" of the offense, but because the Lakers employ the triangle offense, there really isn't a point guard in the half court to cut off.
ugkfan2681" wrote: wrote: i dont take **** lightly im from the land of the trill home of the rockets RESPECT OK.
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,405

Post#99 » by JellosJigglin » Fri May 9, 2008 11:39 pm

hermes wrote:clippers?

They had Cassell already. The Lakers had just dumped Smush Parker. Farmar was coming off his rookie season and not ready to start. Fish already knew the system the Lakers ran and knew the coaching staff. It was a perfect situation for him. The only thing that was up in the air was Kobe's status with the team. It was the peak of his trade demand.

Obviously in hind sight we can say it worked out well. But at the time he signed, the Lakers were in a state of crisis.
eatyourchildren
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#100 » by eatyourchildren » Fri May 9, 2008 11:47 pm

If you think about it reasonably, the Lakers should have been at the top of the list of teams he would play for.

Why would he choose the Clippers instead of the Lakers? Just so that the Jazz fans wouldn't boo him and think ill of his motives?
ugkfan2681" wrote: wrote: i dont take **** lightly im from the land of the trill home of the rockets RESPECT OK.

Return to The General Board