ECF: Boston vs. Detroit - Series BOS wins (4-2)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who will win game 5 in Boston?

Boston Celtics
58%
Detroit Pistons
42%

Total votes: 50

Texas Longhorns
Banned User
And1: 3

ECF: Boston vs. Detroit - Series BOS wins (4-2) 

Post#1 » by Texas Longhorns » Tue May 27, 2008 3:16 am

( 1 ) Boston Celtics (66-16) vs. ( 2 ) Detroit Pistons (59-23)

Gm. 1:Tue., May 20: PISTONS 79 @ CELTICS 88 FINAL
Gm. 2:Thu., May 22: PISTONS 103 @ CELTICS 97 FINAL
Gm. 3:Sat., May 24: CELTICS 94 @ PISTONS 80 FINAL
Gm. 4:Mon., May 26: CELTICS 75 @ PISTONS 94 FINAL
Gm. 5:Wed., May 28: PISTONS 102 @ CELTICS 106 FINAL
Gm. 6:Fri., May 30: CELTICS 89 @ PISTONS 81 FINAL

REGULAR SEASON SERIES
Boston leads 2-1
Dec 19, 2007 - DET 87, @BOS 85
Jan 5, 2008 - BOS 92, @DET 85
Mar 5, 2008 - @BOS 90, DET 78

Image Projected Starting Lineup

ImageImageImageImageImage

PG - Rajon Rondo
SG - Ray Allen
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - Kevin Garnett
C - Kendrick Perkins

Image Projected Starting Lineup

ImageImageImageImageImage

PG - Chauncey Billups
SG - Richard Hamilton
SF - Tayshaun Prince
PF - Rasheed Wallace
C - Antonio McDyess

The Celtics have won this series 4-2 with a game 6 win in Boston. Discuss..
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#2 » by RJM » Tue May 27, 2008 3:28 am

As predicted. Good win by the Pistons tonight. I hope Game 5 is a struggle for both teams. I still expect this series to go seven games.
Basileus777
General Manager
And1: 2,031

Post#3 » by Basileus777 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:31 am

Just admit it Texas Longhorns, you've been eagerly awaiting the chance to retake control over this thread.
Texas Longhorns
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#4 » by Texas Longhorns » Tue May 27, 2008 3:33 am

Basileus777 wrote:Just admit it Texas Longhorns, you've been eagerly awaiting the chance to retake control over this thread.

Ok... :roll:
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#5 » by magicfan4life05 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:34 am

whoa vintage stat line for antonio mcidymacdyessssss

best of 3 series now

do you really want it!!!!!!!!

btw doc rivers is not a good coach
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
prekazi
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#6 » by prekazi » Tue May 27, 2008 3:40 am

Kind of OT, but it hurts watching these games. These teams are not better than my Cavs. :(
"Die Freiheit ist immer nur Freiheit der Andersdenkenden." R.Luxemburg

http://twitter.com/prekazi
AIfan3
Head Coach
And1: 3,683

Post#7 » by AIfan3 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:41 am

magicfan4life05 wrote:whoa vintage stat line for antonio mcidymacdyessssss

best of 3 series now

do you really want it!!!!!!!!

btw doc rivers is not a good coach

Struggling to score 80 points with offensive players like KG, Pierce, Allen, Posey, Cassell , House etc.. Just incredible.. And it's not like they're in a slump because of the Piston's defense, they've been struggling like that offensively the entire post season.. I wouldn't hestitate to fire Doc if the Celts fall short of a championship..
magicfan4life05
RealGM

Post#8 » by magicfan4life05 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:43 am

It's not just the offense, look what he's doing with the pg situation. I agree cassell is a killing their offense (or w/e rivers is running) plus rivers is killing rondo's confidence everytime he takes him out for long periods of time and puts in sam i am. Just live and die with rondo, i hate what hes doing, he's helped to get you this far, just ride it out, you'll help his confidence and that'll help the team.

KG showed up tonight

Pierce was aggressive, couldnt hit a shot, but got to the line

allen just sucks

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,542

Post#9 » by ropjhk » Tue May 27, 2008 3:45 am

I predict the Celtics will win game 5... even though they were really outplayed in game 4 tonight, and the game was much closer than it should have been for most of the game.

Celtics are going to bounce back at home. Somehow they're like Jekyll and Hyde these playoffs. I expect the good Celtics to show up.

If that doesn't happen, I expect the reason why Detroit would win game 5 would be if Chauncey Billups regains his shooting touch. He struggled again today, though he played much better than in game 3.
ropjhk
RealGM

Post#10 » by ropjhk » Tue May 27, 2008 3:46 am

prekazi wrote:Kind of OT, but it hurts watching these games. These teams are not better than my Cavs. :(

Yes they are. They definitely are.
ropjhk
RealGM

Post#11 » by ropjhk » Tue May 27, 2008 3:50 am

AIfan3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Struggling to score 80 points with offensive players like KG, Pierce, Allen, Posey, Cassell , House etc.. Just incredible.. And it's not like they're in a slump because of the Piston's defense, they've been struggling like that offensively the entire post season.. I wouldn't hestitate to fire Doc if the Celts fall short of a championship..

I think the coach that loses this series should be fired.

Such a contrast with the WCFs where the two greatest coaches of their generation are going head to head.
PimpORL
Head Coach

Post#12 » by PimpORL » Tue May 27, 2008 3:50 am

prekazi wrote:Kind of OT, but it hurts watching these games. These teams are not better than my Cavs. :(

lmao
I think every team in the playoffs outside of the Hawks, Raps and Sixers are much better than your Cavs.
Dtown84
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#13 » by Dtown84 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:50 am

The only way I can see this series not going seven, is if the Pistons win game 5 and even then its ify. Right now I'm expecting them to split the next two games.

On another note Billups has me worried, it's hard to say if its rust, cold shooting, or the injury holding him back. They're going to need him to step up in at least one more game to take this series.
Basileus777
General Manager
And1: 2,031

Post#14 » by Basileus777 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:53 am

I think Boston is capable of winning game 6. Its probably going 7 though.
prekazi
General Manager

Post#15 » by prekazi » Tue May 27, 2008 3:53 am

PimpORL wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

lmao
I think every team in the playoffs outside of the Hawks, Raps and Sixers are much better than your Cavs.

I don't know if you watch NBA but we were one PJ Brown miracle or LeBron James layup away from beating the Celtics, we already beat the Pistons and we know we can beat them one more. And about the Magic, we would eat you guys alive in a playoff series. Anyway like I said it was OT.
magicfan4life05
RealGM

Post#16 » by magicfan4life05 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:57 am

gotta give props where due, pistons came out and played great ball from the get go...

i got so much respect for antonio mcdyess, what he did tonight and since he's gotten to detroit has been amazing, over the last year 3 years he's missed just 3 games...wow (knocks on wood)

and tonight when his team needed, when chauncey and price struggling, and sheed in foul trouble he produced big time...much respect

game 5 should be great, pressure is back on boston, but pistons have the pressure too if they dont want to go back for a game 7

maxiell is one of my fav players, hunter and stuckey had great moments, and hayes finally hit a 3 after the airball lol

PimpORL
Head Coach

Post#17 » by PimpORL » Tue May 27, 2008 3:59 am

prekazi wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't know if you watch NBA but we were one PJ Brown miracle or LeBron James layup away from beating the Celtics, we already beat the Pistons and we know we can beat them one more. And about the Magic, we would eat you guys alive in a playoff series. Anyway like I said it was OT.

I don't know if you watch the NBA, but the Hawks took them to 7 games too. You beat the Pistons, but I think everyone agrees, most of it was luck, because the Pistons were a much better team. The Cavs aren't allowed to talk trash. This isn't about the Magic, but I remember during the season people talked about how they are better than the Magic and then time after time the Magic raped them. After each loss, most Cavs fans conceded that the Magic are a better team.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#18 » by Manocad » Tue May 27, 2008 3:59 am

prekazi wrote:

Kinda OT, but

BOO EFFING HOO.

Good lord. Give it a rest. The Cavs have no bearing here.
AIfan3
Head Coach
And1: 3,683

Post#19 » by AIfan3 » Tue May 27, 2008 4:00 am

PimpORL wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't know if you watch the NBA, but the Hawks took them to 7 games too. You beat the Pistons, but I think everyone agrees, most of it was luck, because the Pistons were a much better team. The Cavs aren't allowed to talk trash. This isn't about the Magic, but I remember during the season people talked about how they are better than the Magic and then time after time the Magic raped them. After each loss, most Cavs fans conceded that the Magic are a better team.

Luck in a 7 game series? :lol:
PimpORL
Head Coach

Post#20 » by PimpORL » Tue May 27, 2008 4:04 am

AIfan3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Luck in a 7 game series? :lol:

Yes?
The Pistons played their worst basketball of the season in the playoffs. They beat themselves.

In a 7 game series. No series in particular. If luck allowed a team to win just one game, it was still luck that allowed them to win, no?

Return to The General Board