ECF: Boston vs. Detroit - Series BOS wins (4-2)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who will win game 5 in Boston?

Boston Celtics
58%
Detroit Pistons
42%

Total votes: 50

Dtown84
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#21 » by Dtown84 » Tue May 27, 2008 4:05 am

I could have sworn this was the 2008 ECF thread, not the 2007.
kobeaki
Veteran
And1: 6

Post#22 » by kobeaki » Tue May 27, 2008 4:13 am

AIfan3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Struggling to score 80 points with offensive players like KG, Pierce, Allen, Posey, Cassell , House etc.. Just incredible.. And it's not like they're in a slump because of the Piston's defense, they've been struggling like that offensively the entire post season.. I wouldn't hestitate to fire Doc if the Celts fall short of a championship..

yeah i couldnt agree more about doc rivers, i think also the 2nd worst is his current foe, flip saunders. those are two teams that dont nearly live up to the promise of their potential....

though detroit when they want to can really play lock-down defense....

but as a laker fan, i hope they keep doc rivers forever!!!! :clap:
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#23 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Tue May 27, 2008 4:54 am

prekazi wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't know if you watch NBA but we were one PJ Brown miracle or LeBron James layup away from beating the Celtics, we already beat the Pistons and we know we can beat them one more. And about the Magic, we would eat you guys alive in a playoff series. Anyway like I said it was OT.

Your cavs are sitting at home with there thumbs in there mouths. Stop making excuses.
bballmaniac27
Starter
And1: 4

Post#24 » by bballmaniac27 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:27 am

prekazi wrote:Kind of OT, but it hurts watching these games. These teams are not better than my Cavs. :(

Last time I checked it was one of these teams that sent you guys fishing. No wait! let me guess........ you guys beat yourselves right? that seems to be the popular excuse for the losing team nowadays.
Jackattaq
Lead Assistant
And1: 246

Post#25 » by Jackattaq » Tue May 27, 2008 5:52 am

prekazi wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't know if you watch NBA but we were one PJ Brown miracle or LeBron James layup away from beating the Celtics, we already beat the Pistons and we know we can beat them one more. And about the Magic, we would eat you guys alive in a playoff series. Anyway like I said it was OT.

Everyone but CAVS fans know that it's only by the NBA's graces that the CAVS are in the playoffs. They thug the game up so badly with mugging and hacking that NOBODY can play good offense against them. Z and Varajao go OVER THE BACK every rebound. Ben Wallace is statistically one of the worst FT shooters of ALL TIME, That team in Cleveland only got as far as they did by DIRECT ORDERS from STERN to get LBJ more pub/exposure. That team lacks talent in the worst way possible. Cleveland is painful to watch because they play the worst offense and their defense consists of thugging and mugging. It's great to not have to watch them anymore this year.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,084

Post#26 » by BDM22 » Tue May 27, 2008 6:54 am

Hide your children.....

It's feeding time.

mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#27 » by mr_sunshine » Tue May 27, 2008 7:29 am

The C's were weak tonight. The offense could not just get going, the defense wasn't there, and in spite of that the refs kept them close. If they could have made a couple wide open Js it would have been a totally different game. Instead Pierce and Allen brick a few wide open ones and then Doc benches Rondo and it all goes to hell. Good things happen rarely when Cassell is on the floor, and he usually just ruins the flow, misses bad shots, and creates bad shots for others by dribbling until there's 6 left on the clock before he passes it off.

Oh well, Detroit came to play tonight. Pity the final score was so skewed in the last minute. And it was really frustrating to watch the Celtics come within making a couple shots of a close victory, and having it turned into a "blowout" instead.
P2
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#28 » by P2 » Tue May 27, 2008 12:21 pm

We're still in the driver's seat and will be confident in front of our home crowd, but losing Game 5 would be a disaster.
PistonFan4Life
Rookie

Post#29 » by PistonFan4Life » Tue May 27, 2008 1:42 pm

mr_sunshine wrote:The C's were weak tonight. The offense could not just get going, the defense wasn't there, and in spite of that the refs kept them close. If they could have made a couple wide open Js it would have been a totally different game. Instead Pierce and Allen brick a few wide open ones and then Doc benches Rondo and it all goes to hell. Good things happen rarely when Cassell is on the floor, and he usually just ruins the flow, misses bad shots, and creates bad shots for others by dribbling until there's 6 left on the clock before he passes it off.

Oh well, Detroit came to play tonight. Pity the final score was so skewed in the last minute. And it was really frustrating to watch the Celtics come within making a couple shots of a close victory, and having it turned into a "blowout" instead.

The game really never was that close and the final score made the game more along the lines of how it really should have been. The Pistons played a great game and the Celtics shot 32 percent from the field last night. The Pistons made 15 more fg's than the Celtics last night. Overall the Piston flat outplayed the Celtics all game, there is only one factor that made the game close and that was the officials letting the Celtics march to the charity stripe for 32 points on some pretty ticky tack calls last night.
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#30 » by magicfan4life05 » Tue May 27, 2008 1:58 pm

MONDAY'S BEST
Antonio McDyess, Pistons forward: Goes for 21 points and 16 rebounds (both playoff bests for McDyess) in the Pistons' Game 4 win over the Celtics.

"He's really comfortable right now. We have to get him out of his comfort zone."

-- Celtics coach Doc Rivers on Detroit's Antonio McDyess

great game for Antonioooooooooo Mcidymacdyessssss
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
prekazi
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#31 » by prekazi » Tue May 27, 2008 2:37 pm

1- I won't even argue with the guy who said we beat Pistons because of luck.
2- I'm not making excuses and I didn't say we beat ourselves. Celtics beat us but it wasn't like Cavs vs Pistons last year where we totally outplayed them. So I've a right to be disappointed that my team is not in the finals. I don't know what's the big deal about it.
3- I never said Cavs basketball is a joy to watch.

I hope it ends here.

About the series, I knew Mr.Intensity won't be able to bounce back after that pwnage by Jason Maxiell. I still think Celtics will win this series despite having players like Sam Cassell in their rotation. That gollum is playing awful and LOL@wiretap did he really complained about lack of playing time? He can't be serious. I would say 4-2 Celtics but I can't trust KG, his intensity shows are so fake that in every clutch and tough situation he proves himself wrong. Thank god they've a player named Paul Pierce who can carry this team in tough moments.

I'm gonna stick with my early prediction I made before the series and say : 4-3 Celtics.

Finally considering Pierce won't be enough to win a championship, KG would need a mental evolution in the finals to beat Kobe and his Lakers. Because in a contrast to him Kobe doesn't make intensity shows like him, he just kicks ass.
"Die Freiheit ist immer nur Freiheit der Andersdenkenden." R.Luxemburg

http://twitter.com/prekazi
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#32 » by NetsForce » Tue May 27, 2008 2:53 pm

ET asking for more playing time would be like Larry Hughes asking for a pay raise. What have either one of them done to justify getting what they are asking for?
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,127
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#33 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue May 27, 2008 2:58 pm

prekazi wrote:1- I won't even argue with the guy who said we beat Pistons because of luck.
2- I'm not making excuses and I didn't say we beat ourselves. Celtics beat us but it wasn't like Cavs vs Pistons last year where we totally outplayed them. So I've a right to be disappointed that my team is not in the finals. I don't know what's the big deal about it.
3- I never said Cavs basketball is a joy to watch.

I hope it ends here.

About the series, I knew Mr.Intensity won't be able to bounce back after that pwnage by Jason Maxiell. I still think Celtics will win this series despite having players like Sam Cassell in their rotation. That gollum is playing awful and LOL@wiretap did he really complained about lack of playing time? He can't be serious. I would say 4-2 Celtics but I can't trust KG, his intensity shows are so fake that in every clutch and tough situation he proves himself wrong. Thank god they've a player named Paul Pierce who can carry this team in tough moments.

I'm gonna stick with my early prediction I made before the series and say : 4-3 Celtics.

Finally considering Pierce won't be enough to win a championship, KG would need a mental evolution in the finals to beat Kobe and his Lakers. Because in a contrast to him Kobe doesn't make intensity shows like him, he just kicks ass.

Oh bull, KG has been the only consistent player for them this postseason, and this series in particular. Pierce had his one big scoring game and now everyone wants to pretend he carries the team. Let the hate go.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#34 » by magicfan4life05 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:10 pm

He had 16 points and 10 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 blks.

He was 2 shots away from a 20/10 game.

He needed more help, Pierce tried, couldn't hit a shot, but was able to get to the line. Allen is still in a slump.
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
P2
Banned User

Post#35 » by P2 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:37 pm

Official announcement: You won't see neither Cassell nor Tony Allen in a C's uni next season. The chances of Ray Allen wearing one are 50-50.
NetsForce
Banned User

Post#36 » by NetsForce » Tue May 27, 2008 3:38 pm

magicfan4life05 wrote:He had 16 points(on 6-16 from the field) and 10 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 blks, AND a major rape sandwich courtesy of Antonio McDyess who lit KG up to the tune of 21 points and 16 rebounds on 57% shooting

Fixed.
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#37 » by Celtsfan1980 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:42 pm

I have a feeling the series goes to 7. I'm not sure if the Celtics will get tired if they keep playing the amount of games they have, but the Lakers won 3 straight 7 game series. I think it was 1988. I have no doubt in my mind that Boston can as well.
triplet1984
General Manager
And1: 177

Post#38 » by triplet1984 » Tue May 27, 2008 4:32 pm

The problem I see here... the Celtics can only win if they ROUNDLY outplay the Pistons. As in, complete and utter, from the opening tip, blowout wins. An actual contested contest has gone to the Pistons both times, Pistons are clearly the better clutch team. But the Celts have been able to outplay the Pistons strongly twice, so they can probably do it again, but it leaves little room for error, they have to play really strong games to beat the Pistons, while the Pistons can play weak games and win if they can coax Boston into having weak games as well.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#39 » by celticfan42487 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:28 pm

NetsForce wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Fixed.

Actually KG plays PF, he's the one that got Sheed in foul trouble.

McNice is covered by our Center. Wich is either Perkins,PJ Brown, or Baby Davis.

Just trying to fix your lack of knowledge so you know you have to try again for a KG burn.
NetsForce
Banned User

Post#40 » by NetsForce » Tue May 27, 2008 6:13 pm

^ Rasheed Wallace generally plays center, and since game 1 the Pistons have purposefully put McDyess on KG for the majority of the game (only to switch Wallace on to Garnett in the fourth when KG has been worn out by the more physical McDyess). ^

No matter how you want to spin it, when The Lottery Ticket failed miserably yesterday. When his team needed him to step up he shut up and got shutdown.

Return to The General Board