ECF: Boston vs. Detroit - Series BOS wins (4-2)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who will win game 5 in Boston?

Boston Celtics
58%
Detroit Pistons
42%

Total votes: 50

Iggyemu
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#621 » by Iggyemu » Sat May 31, 2008 3:31 am

Wonder if Dumars will fire Flip before mid night.
"One Ring makes a Champion......Six Rings make a Legend" - Michael Jeffrey Jordan
pballa
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#622 » by pballa » Sat May 31, 2008 3:32 am

CelticGamecock wrote:BEAT LA
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#623 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:32 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:KG didn't turn down LA, LA turned down KG cuz they wanted to keep Bynum I thought...

during the summer, that rumored 4 way deal that ainge backed out of. The lakers were giving up bynum and odom.
Kobay
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#624 » by Kobay » Sat May 31, 2008 3:32 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:KG didn't turn down LA, LA turned down KG cuz they wanted to keep Bynum I thought...
No way, lamar and bynum + picks and fillers for KG. Hell, they would have had to do it to appease Kobe. No way u turn down Kobe with KG. Thats just total domination.
JazzItUp13
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#625 » by JazzItUp13 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:33 am

that's ok....Lakers in 6...you'll see...
I got a question why they hating on me....
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,489

Post#626 » by Ballings7 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:33 am

Great, great team win by the Celt Show

Very impressive - that 4th qtr was just tremendous, they imposed their will on Detroit, and executed well on defense and offense.

I don't think the road is a real issue for them anymore, they've shown enough now. I was questioning if they'd be able to improve enough with how badly they played on the road before the ECF.

I'm happy for KG, Pierce, and PJ Brown, all three of those guys have been through a lot and come close to the oppurtunity. Always have enjoyed their play, too.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#627 » by nashill » Sat May 31, 2008 3:33 am

Iggyemu wrote:Wonder if Dumars will fire Flip before mid night.

prince and sheed played garbage.. its not flip's fault
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,127
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#628 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat May 31, 2008 3:35 am

Ballings7 wrote:Great, great team win by the Celt Show

Very impressive - that 4th qtr was just tremendous, they imposed their will on Detroit, and executed well on defense and offense.

I don't think the road is a real issue for them anymore, they've shown enough now. I was questioning if they'd be able to improve enough with how badly they played on the road before the ECF.

I'm happy for KG, Pierce, and PJ Brown, all three of those guys have been through a lot and come close to the oppurtunity. Always have enjoyed their play, too.

Yea, three of my favorite players, and PJ a local guy who does so much for us down here. I love it.

I like how the game went for Garnett, horrible game, then comes up huge in the 4th quarter.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#629 » by nashill » Sat May 31, 2008 3:35 am

Ballings7 wrote:Great, great team win by the Celt Show

i want pierce to win, he want it badly...but kg??? he's the same old kg who doesnt come out int the last 5 min of the game
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#630 » by Manocad » Sat May 31, 2008 3:36 am

Congrats to the Celtics. They showed that they're ready to play for a championship, and the Pistons show once again that their 'championship' is being a participant in the ECF.

Good luck against the Lakers, and get one for KG.
Cracked Fingers
Senior
And1: 3

Post#631 » by Cracked Fingers » Sat May 31, 2008 3:39 am

Two bad teams, one had to win.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,489

Post#632 » by Ballings7 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:40 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:Yea, three of my favorite players, and PJ a local guy who does so much for us down here. I love it.

I like how the game went for Garnett, horrible game, then comes up huge in the 4th quarter.

Absolutely.

KG, I was like "he's pretty invisible in this game", then soon after he came alive on both ends of the court. Maybe I missed other things, but I think his defense got him going and better mentally.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#633 » by RJM » Sat May 31, 2008 3:42 am

Now that its down to two teams.......

Who guards Pierce?!?
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,951

Post#634 » by Curmudgeon » Sat May 31, 2008 3:46 am

Nice 4th quarter by the Celtics. If you want to beat the Pistons in Detroit, you have to win ugly, and that's what the Celtics did.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#635 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:47 am

Iceburg Slim wrote:Now that its down to two teams.......

Who guards Pierce?!?

Ariza
TruckRobinson
Junior
And1: 4

Post#636 » by TruckRobinson » Sat May 31, 2008 3:49 am

Prince and Sheed did play like garbage- but yeah it is partly Flips fault. It is completely inexcusable for Maxiel to be the best big man on the team but get so few minutes in the last couple of games. A few additional thoughts on this series:

1: Rasheed has had a few too many awful big games to be considered a big time player that no one gives enough credit to. This guy has been awful at times in big games yet he still walks away as "underrated" or he "does all the little things" well no more with that- he straight up chokes at times and today you could see him physically tense up at times.

2: I can't stand Pierce (Knicks fan) but he has been the man when the C's have needed him in the playoffs. He could do the Sam Cassell big balls swinging thing and I couldn't say a word because he's earned it.

3: If the Pistons had drafted Carmelo they would have won the championship on several occasions, or at the very least they would have won this series. They really struggle to score at times and as much as I like Prince he killed the Pistons at times this series because he can't be relyed on consistently as a scorer.

4: Can any Pistons fan say they want Flip back next year? Anyone? He is an absolute disaster.

5: I hate them both but the Lakers will beat the Celtics
mr.ankle
Banned User
And1: 57

Post#637 » by mr.ankle » Sat May 31, 2008 3:50 am

I'm so happy the Pistons are not in the Finals . They are just dull and boring just like the Spurs . And they need to get rid of the Detroit Basketball Chant . It was ok 5 years ago . Since it was something new at the time . But now it just annoying
Joyeuse
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#638 » by Joyeuse » Sat May 31, 2008 4:32 am

magicfan4life05 wrote:rivers sucks, how in the world do you take posey out after that

He left Posey on the court up until near the end for defensive purposes, but around that point he'd been trying to get Allen in, ostensibly for potential free throws.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#639 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat May 31, 2008 4:47 am

mr.ankle wrote:I'm so happy the Pistons are not in the Finals . They are just dull and boring just like the Spurs . And they need to get rid of the Detroit Basketball Chant . It was ok 5 years ago . Since it was something new at the time . But now it just annoying

You always come out to kick someone when they are down, you have 0 balls.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#640 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat May 31, 2008 4:50 am

I don't think Rasheed and Prince choked, I think KG and Pierce did a wonderful job defensively on them.

Return to The General Board