ECF: Boston vs. Detroit - Series BOS wins (4-2)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who will win game 5 in Boston?

Boston Celtics
58%
Detroit Pistons
42%

Total votes: 50

$ bankshot $
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#641 » by $ bankshot $ » Sat May 31, 2008 5:22 am

the whole team choked. they had so many wide open threes but didnt take advantage.
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,542

Post#642 » by ropjhk » Sat May 31, 2008 5:43 am

The Pistons should have won game 6, but had one of the worst fourth quarter collapses I've ever seen.

Congrats to the Celtics. They need to stay hungry and not be content with just making the finals because the Lakers will be ready to play. Lakers vs. Celtics should be a good one and I'm looking forward to it.

As for the Pistons... I think this needs to be the end of that team. Flip Saunders has taken that team as far as he can. Their core will likely never reach the finals again, let alone win a championship. This series marked their demise, much like how their win in 04 marked the demise of the Shaq-Kobe alliance. Some changes need to happen to that team, and planning for the future could be one of them.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 3,998

Post#643 » by BDM22 » Sat May 31, 2008 8:34 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:I don't think Rasheed and Prince choked, I think KG and Pierce did a wonderful job defensively on them.

Missing wide open shot after wide open shot is choking.
TAI8
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#644 » by TAI8 » Sat May 31, 2008 5:26 pm

Where are all of the Detroit homers/Boston haters running now? There were a plethora of the aforementioned people who wrote off the Boston Celtics and said that Detroit was going to win the ECF. Well, I had Boston winning in 6 before the series began. When Detroit lost to Miami in 6 I lost trust in them. It was further substantiated when they lost four straight to Cleveland last year. Detroit is done. They will never return to their '04 glory. Their coach Flip will never lead this team into the Finals. He will either be fired or he will take the opportunity to resign in order to save face.

:clap: Boston! I am not a Boston Celtics fan by any means, but I have been pulling for them ever since they acquired KG and Ray Ray. I had this team going straight to the NBA Finals before the season began. At least I had one team right in my NBA Finals prediction. Now go and beat L.A.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#645 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat May 31, 2008 5:29 pm

I remember me tkb and Fanofthegreats talking before the season hoping for La to make a move so that Boston and LA could meet in the finals. That was before I knew my Hornets would be contenders, but I'm excited for the finals to say the least :)
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#646 » by magicfan4life05 » Sat May 31, 2008 6:11 pm

The sad thing about if the pistons rebuild or break up their group, is that it's just going to make it easier for the Celtics from here on out
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."

Return to The General Board