NBA Finals: Boston vs. LA Lakers - Series BOS leads (2-1)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins Game 4?

Boston
54%
LA Lakers
46%

Total votes: 54

Milan24
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#81 » by Milan24 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:36 pm

damavs02 wrote:It just seems like with the Pistons in 2004, Bruce Bowen for his career, and the Celtics this year, the way to success is to get away with as much bending of the rules as possible. Knowing how to subvert the rules and get away with things seems as important as defensive fundamentals. Guys like Bowen, P.J. Brown, Mutumbo, and Mourning can probably play forever, since they have a combination of these skills and a defensive reputation.

The time KG got called for the screen, it was probably the cleanest of the 5 or 6 he set that play. At that point he was just getting greedy.

Ever hear the saying "nice guys finish last"? You have to be able to bend the rules and push them to the limit and even over if you want to win. Put the emphasis on the refs to stop you. I applaud the way the Celtics have played. I applaud the way Kobe played yesterday. I don't necessary applaud they way the refs have called any of the games for both sides. They had some good calls and some obvious bad and missed calls for both sides.
kobeaki
Veteran
And1: 6

Post#82 » by kobeaki » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:54 pm

http://www.therundown.tv/videos/wtf-fil ... ltics-fan/

^^^you know, honestly i hate seeing that, if i was at that game with my kids i wouldnt want them to see that, or be around it....

...but would i get any respect in boston as a laker fan? i suspect not, it does seem that angelinos, for all of our gansgtas/wansgtas weve got here, we do seem to be more laid back...

in other cities, such as ny,detwa, boston, isnt usually the yuppie-white guys that get all roid-raged and dump beer on people and what not...?
ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature

XuDa wrote:Magic, Bird and the other 80#s HOF'ers were holding the league back and stunting it's development big time.

:lol:
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#83 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:08 pm

Pssh, thats nothing. At dodger stadium they shanked a giants fan and killed him.

In oakland, raiders fans tied down a charger fan and pissed on him.
kobeaki
Veteran
And1: 6

Post#84 » by kobeaki » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:28 pm

CITYOFANGELSX3 wrote:Pssh, thats nothing. At dodger stadium they shanked a giants fan and killed him.

no i know, trust me...the black hole is a whole other subject...

and that giants fans was shot wasnt he?

i love taking my kids/nephews to dodger stadium, and that crap saddens me...

thats also why they made the bleachers $35 and all you can eat, to keep out the drunken -cheap-entertainment types out...

but i truly hate seeing my beloved nba taken over by thugs...
ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature

XuDa wrote:Magic, Bird and the other 80#s HOF'ers were holding the league back and stunting it's development big time.

:lol:
Blue_Bomber
Sophomore

Post#85 » by Blue_Bomber » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:17 am

CITYOFANGELSX3 wrote:Pssh, thats nothing. At dodger stadium they shanked a giants fan and killed him.

:o That's......hardcore
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,770

Post#86 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:19 am

at least the Celtics fan that got beat up didn't leave Staples in a wheelchair and returned a minute and fourty five seconds later to watch the game while humming the Rocky theme.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Kobay
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#87 » by Kobay » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:20 am

I think people get too comfortable with freedom of speech. People assume no one is going to kick their arse because of it. But there are people who don't give **** about it and if they get pissed they will whoop ur arse. THey just happened to be too comfortable around the wrong audience, they should have spent 10grand on the game tickets which would have prevented their arse from getting whooped.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#88 » by Chubby Chaser » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:27 am

Yeah, fans have every right going into staples rocking a boston jersey. However, if you get yelled at, stuff thrown at you, or jumped by a group of laker fans you can't really complain about it. This is LA after all. It's not as hollywood and glamorous as TV makes it seem.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,583

Post#89 » by hermes » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:37 am

Chubby Chaser wrote:Yeah, fans have every right going into staples rocking a boston jersey. However, if you get yelled at, stuff thrown at you, or jumped by a group of laker fans you can't really complain about it. This is LA after all. It's not as hollywood and glamorous as TV makes it seem.

so the camera doesn't add 10 pounds?
Bgil
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#90 » by Bgil » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:39 am

hermes wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

so the camera doesn't add 10 pounds?

No, that's the bulletproof vest.
"I'm sure they'll jump off the bandwagon. Then when we do get back on top, they're going to want to jump back on, and we're going to tell them there's no more room." - Kobe in March of 2005
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#91 » by Chubby Chaser » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:50 am

Bgil wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No, that's the bulletproof vest.
8)
eatyourchildren
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#92 » by eatyourchildren » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:10 am

I feel like this thread is nothing without Bringthepain, Miami's Finest, Jordansbulls, and Frosty.

How come they aren't here talking about how Kobe is riding Gasol and Odom's jock?
ugkfan2681" wrote: wrote: i dont take **** lightly im from the land of the trill home of the rockets RESPECT OK.
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#93 » by magicfan4life05 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:24 am

one of them is waiting till kobe does something wrong, then is gonna explode!

the other waits till after the game is over and takes a slight jab here and there, says weird stuff like 'gasol is a stud' while he's sucking lol and waits for those magic initials to be posted and then attacks!

i dk who the others are
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
eatyourchildren
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#94 » by eatyourchildren » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:01 am

magicfan4life05 wrote:one of them is waiting till kobe does something wrong, then is gonna explode!

the other waits till after the game is over and takes a slight jab here and there, says weird stuff like 'gasol is a stud' while he's sucking lol and waits for those magic initials to be posted and then attacks!

i dk who the others are

I feel the need to keep calling out Bringthepain, Miami's Finest, Jordansbulls, and Frosty

Why only post in Lakers thread when the Lakers lose? Man the f up
ugkfan2681" wrote: wrote: i dont take **** lightly im from the land of the trill home of the rockets RESPECT OK.
shobe_81
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#95 » by shobe_81 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:05 am

Cause that's what they do, they just come in here and bash Lakers/Kobe when they lose, trust me you'll be seeing Pain when/if the Lakers lose!

Add HouMac to the list of Kobe/Lakers bashers/haters!
tracey_nice
Analyst
And1: 274

Post#96 » by tracey_nice » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:17 am

lol HouMac is like 7yrs old.
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#97 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:32 am

eatyourchildren wrote:I feel like this thread is nothing without Bringthepain, Miami's Finest, Jordansbulls, and Frosty.

How come they aren't here talking about how Kobe is riding Gasol and Odom's jock?

What happend to Jdawg?
DieselCeltic
Banned User

Post#98 » by DieselCeltic » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:23 am

Alright Boston, let's end their misery tonight and finish them off on Saturday.
Original Baller
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#99 » by Original Baller » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:30 pm

Lakers win tonight 102-93

Kobe scores 45pts (20 in the 4th qtr)
Frosty
RealGM
And1: 13,522

Post#100 » by Frosty » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:11 pm

eatyourchildren wrote:I feel like this thread is nothing without Bringthepain, Miami's Finest, Jordansbulls, and Frosty.

Sorry man, I'm at a conference this week so I haven't had time to hold up my end. Sorry :oops:

Oh and I know you wondered about my sig change. I changed it when Bynum made that statement. I might have to keep it into next season just so I don't forget.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization

Return to The General Board