Becky Hammon- traitor to USA Basketball team?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

UrbanLegendMD
General Manager
And1: 11

Re: Becky Hammon- traitor to USA Basketball team? 

Post#141 » by UrbanLegendMD » Mon Jul 7, 2008 7:02 pm

Realm_G wrote:
Chubby Chaser wrote:Hammon is both a traitor and a sell out..... She better be prepared of the repercussions to follow if Russia eliminates USA in the tournament.

Yes, she will be stoned to death as soon as she come back. :roll:

I will be the first one to offer her a joint.
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
Meatcookie
Rookie
And1: 219

Post#142 » by Meatcookie » Mon Jul 7, 2008 7:11 pm

Chubby Chaser wrote:Hammon is both a traitor and a sell out..... She better be prepared of the repercussions to follow if Russia eliminates USA in the tournament.

The only person that should get any repercussions if Russia were to eliminate USA would be the people that selected the women to make the team.

I hope Becky gives USA quite a scare and make the game scary close if they play each other.

Simple facts:
Becky is 31 and she wants to play in the Olympics (the biggest stage).
She is more than good enough to play for the USA Olympic team.
USA chose 24 players to try and qualify for the 12 slots.
Becky was not selected in those 24.
Becky (or her people/agent) called to make sure she was not invited.
She was not invited.
The next time she would be eligible for the Olympics for the USA team is when she would be 35.
The Russians offered her a deal (since she plays there 8 months every year).
She took the offer.
USA coach didn't like that so they selected 6 more to try and qualify for the team, Becky was on the list this time.
She turned the (non legitimate) offer down since she already accepted the Russians deal.
People call her a traitor.
Many people from different countries play for other countries in the Olympics, why is this different?

Nobody cared in the past about this. Why is it any different now? The difference is because someone on the USA team screwed up. Why would they not pick Becky in the first selection to the team? An "All American" girl who was the top American player in the WNBA last season, didn't get selected to the team. Why? Is she too pretty and the other players are jealous that she will get more face time than they will? Is she too short? Is she sponsoring the wrong basketball shoe company? Does she not get along with her teammates?

People are focusing on why she is playing for Russia instead of focusing on why she didn't get called for Team USA.

Sure I guess I want USA to win the gold, but it won't change my life one bit. But I really do hope that Becky is the best player in the tournament.

The cold war is over. Your failure to move on is why prejudice is such a problem in the world. Anyone pissing on her dream to play in the Olympics makes them a traitor. You are a traitor trying to hold someone back from their pursuit of happiness.
NoahISmyNinja
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#143 » by NoahISmyNinja » Mon Jul 7, 2008 7:49 pm

vwc228 wrote:Are you actually comparing a sovereign nation to a terrorist organization?!?!? WOW!!!!

lol.. you wouldn't be able to tell which one was becky hammond because they'd be wearing hijabs.

That would be great for switching the pick and roll.

They'd run a Run and Gun style offense.

Green Zone defense.

Would they be called the 72 Virgins?
ldnk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,522

Post#144 » by ldnk » Mon Jul 7, 2008 9:43 pm

Damn you Becky Hammond, you just gave the Soviet Union the edge in the Cold War....oh wait, this isn't 1970? And now you are telling me that we are talking about basketball? That's like two steps away from practice, and I think we all know what to think about practice.

But as a bystander from Canada, the real question is, does she wear a flag pin on her lapel? Because if she doesn't, I heard that presidential candidates are unpatriotic. For ex-pats who are clearly Commies, that must be the equivalent of admitting you slept with Joseph Stalin.
Canada_7
General Manager
And1: 2,486

Post#145 » by Canada_7 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 12:29 am

NurbekIL wrote:
Realm_G wrote:

Yes, she will be stoned to death as soon as she come back. :roll:

I will be the first one to offer her a joint.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Teddy KGB
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#146 » by Teddy KGB » Tue Jul 8, 2008 11:15 am

D.Brasco wrote:Some of u seem to be taking this too lightly. would u all have the same laid back reaction if she chose to play for al-quaida on their female olympic basketball team?

George W Bush posts on RealGM? Who woulda thought??

Even the quaint misspelling of Al-Qaeda is present!
Formerly ss_maverick, JHos Hydro
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#147 » by celticfan42487 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 3:40 pm

D.Brasco wrote:Some of u seem to be taking this too lightly. would u all have the same laid back reaction if she chose to play for al-quaida on their female olympic basketball team?

Al-Quaida isn't a country so I would be concerned that she is getting hoaxed.

This is the freaken olympics come on.

Maybe if this was the Men's World Cup it'd be diffrent but it's just the olympics. It's more for world class athletes to compete rather then any kind of national pride.
SheedsWeed
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#148 » by SheedsWeed » Tue Jul 8, 2008 10:27 pm

Theres worse things in life than this. Not really much of a problem.
Serpo
Veteran

Post#149 » by Serpo » Tue Jul 8, 2008 10:37 pm

:lol:

Their uniforms have to be looking something like that don't they ?

Image :roll:
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#150 » by Chubby Chaser » Tue Jul 8, 2008 10:54 pm

:o seriously?... Seriously??!?!

Return to The General Board