Top 5 Loudest NBA Playoff Arena's

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Re: Top 5 Loudest NBA Playoff Arena's 

Post#21 » by KF10 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:21 am

tylero87 wrote:As a season ticket holder I can tell you the Utah crowd gets crazy insane for the Jazz. Whenever the team went through a slump in any game, whether they were losing or squandering a lead the crowd would rise to their feet and remain there till the Jazz got rolling again. We have a hall of fame mascot in the Jazz bear that does a tremendous job of getting the crowd pumped plus our in game announcer Dan Roberts is one of the best. Our arena is designed to filter noise to the floor and unlike the celeb's in LA, our fans are exactly that...FANZ. We don't show up in the 2nd quarter, we don't leave to beat traffic early, we're there from player intros till the confettii falls in the end. Not to mention no arena has been or will ever be louder than Utah in the playoffs.

Props to Boston fans in the finals, you really got up for your team.

So as it stands loudest playoff arenas in TODAYS NBA are:

1. UTAH
2. Boston
3. Golden State
4. Cleveland/Atlanta/Detroit
5. Hornets (Rick Flair WOOO has to go)

Umm, Arco Arena has been louder than Utah's in the playoffs before...In matter of fact, Arco has been generally louder than everyone's arenas during the playoffs in the Kings last 8 playoffs births...99-06
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#22 » by Buck You » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:24 am

The Bradley center was called Arco east in 2001 when the Bucks were good. When the Bucks are winning the fans come and the fans are very loud. Greta fans here.
T-Spot
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#23 » by T-Spot » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:34 am

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#24 » by cdubbz » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:56 am

1. Arco Arena -- Sacramento fans tore that place up, especially since arco is so very small and the the sound bounces off everywhere.

2. Utah Jazz -- They've always been crazy and suppor their team. Gotta love their fans die hard appreciation.

3. Golden State -- Last year in the playoffs bay area fans were going nuts after over a decade of no playoffs...the oracle arena is also a small place.

4. Toronto Raptors -- I loved their chants this year...they chanted "howard, howard, howard" when he was at the line haha.

5. Tough to pick a 5th that stands out really....

New Orleans is pretty disapointing, they have a great team, but the fans just suck. I hate how the lakers dim the lights, i like seeing the fans stand up and cheer and all that.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Sloanfeld
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#25 » by Sloanfeld » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:59 am

1. Utah (1 in playoffs)
2. GS (1 in regular season)
3. New York (am I the only one to say this? They might be #1 if the Knicks were any good)
4. Sacramento
5. Boston
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#26 » by And 1 Amare » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:08 am

Abyss Impact wrote:The reason Golden State's arena is so loud is because they haven't been to the playoffs for what? 12 years until last season, so... Watch them be a regular playoff contender and their fans will get tired and won't be as loud as last season (06-07)

You're just mad that you beloved Mickael Pietrus is disliked by most Warriors fans. I've read around the Warriors board before, and i've seen how their posters treat you. Poor guy.

Anyways, by the looks of its, Warriors fans have always been loud and loyal. Before they made the playoffs, the Warriors were tied with Detroit with the most consecutive seasons of increased fan attendance in the NBA. They've always stuck with their team even though they hadn't made the playoffs in so long. I'm assuming that if Golden State's fans were willing to stick with their team while they were in a playoff drought, then it's a pretty sure thing that they'd stick with them in the playoffs.

Even in regular season games after they made the playoffs, the arena was just as loud. I've tuned in many times on league pass whenever Golden State had a game at home. Some examples:

Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Lakers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlsbQKhJdR4

Golden State Warriors vs. San Antonio Spurs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_9c9vI6HjU

Golden State Warriors vs. Boston Celtics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbqF8OzPQZU

Always something to watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHVPEFam_Og
| Monta Ellis | Marco Belinelli | Anthony Randolph | Brandan Wright | Andris Biedrins |
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#27 » by And 1 Amare » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:10 am

Sloanfeld wrote:3. New York (am I the only one to say this? They might be #1 if the Knicks were any good)

Same with Boston. Both are good basketball cities that have been waiting on good teams.
| Monta Ellis | Marco Belinelli | Anthony Randolph | Brandan Wright | Andris Biedrins |
edfmx86
Club Captain- MLS Soccer
And1: 199

Post#28 » by edfmx86 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:24 am

Biased pick is Utah, but it clearly is everyones favorite pick, I remember being in Energy Solutions when deron dunked on shane battier in game 4 of the first round, the arena roof almost fell off. We dont have to wait to the playoffs to have a playoff atmosphere game, we get that all season long and when you put the playoffs sticker on the court, it just makes it that much better. Dont hate on us because not all of us throw **** at the players when we lose....just some NOT ALL.

My favorite crowd was definetly Toronto, theyre chants aree amazing especially me being a huge soccer fan. Seeing a raptors game is definetly on my "must do before i die" list. Great job raptors fans, keep up the good work.

As for my worst crowd, i expected the Lakers fans to go ape **** on us when we went there, but it was pathetic. The one point i remember being disgusted witht their crowd, in Game 3 the Lakers were down and making a run to comeback and i remember looking at the crowd and seeing him stand up waving his arms in the air triying to pump up the crowd all around him....instead, he sat down in shame as no one responded, it made me laugh, i expect much more from fans that have a team as HUGE as the lakers are. had it been any other it would have been alright.

why are a bunch of people saying GS, they wernt even in the playoffs... GS>>>>>Denver tho
ilikecb4
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#29 » by ilikecb4 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:32 am

NY fans are the most passionate and most basketball knowledgable fans out there...

too bad they got nothin to cheer about
Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Post#30 » by Cruel_Ruin » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:54 am

1. Kings
2. Jazz
3. Everyone Else

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSJuz5kr ... re=related

Forward to about 1:00 in the video. This is in the FIRST QUARTER.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,657

Post#31 » by knicksNOTslick » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:55 am

When the Knicks were good, I don't think any other team can top how loud the Garden gets. Let's not even talk about playoffs. The 99 Knicks when LJ hit that shot for the four-point play was just pure pandemonium. And Knicks didn't even win a ring that year. We've been waiting forever. When it happens in the distant future, the Garden will be the loudest arena. no contest.
Zerostatic
General Manager
And1: 537

Post#32 » by Zerostatic » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:03 pm

Wow, all the people that didn't put the New York on their list are absolutely clueless. The garden in the playoffs is LOUD.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,064

Post#33 » by HMFFL » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:50 pm

Retrovision wrote:I forgot to mention Toronto they are nuts , i loved that Lets Go Raptors VC Sucks. I went to a couple home hawks playoff games and I almost had to hold my ears after Joe Johnson 3 pointers. I think the Detroit and Los Angeles had the quietest fans.

and the ownership continues to take advantage of them by raising the ticket prices. I enjoy watching the Toronto games just to see how loud and crazy the crowd will get.
T-dot Raps
Lead Assistant
And1: 258

Post#34 » by T-dot Raps » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:58 pm

The Toronto crowd is absolutely bonkers. The Atlanta crowd definitely deserves some props too. They were hungry.
randomhero423
Head Coach

Post#35 » by randomhero423 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:13 pm

NYK would be there
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
Retrovision
Pro Prospect

Post#36 » by Retrovision » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:25 pm

knicksNOTslick wrote:When the Knicks were good, I don't think any other team can top how loud the Garden gets. Let's not even talk about playoffs. The 99 Knicks when LJ hit that shot for the four-point playwas just pure pandemonium. And Knicks didn't even win a ring that year. We've been waiting forever. When it happens in the distant future, the Garden will be the loudest arena. no contest.

that was in the playoffs though.
and yeah the atl crowd was hungry, I couldnt even sleep the friday before game 3.
Retrovision
Pro Prospect

Post#37 » by Retrovision » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:26 pm

HMFFL, speaking of raising ticket prices 300 level is $30.00's now.

man WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
raptorforlife88
Veteran
And1: 945

Post#38 » by raptorforlife88 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:18 am

Utah's crazy. They cheer for their team as loudly whether they are down 20 or up 20. That's impressive.

Toronto can get pretty crazy too.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vqcNmKOCxxE&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xPrXaC4-xLY&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jLZfxoNvM6A
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#39 » by And 1 Amare » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:47 am

Yeah, the Raptors' arena looks crazy during the playoffs. Especially with the sea of red.
tylero87
Junior

Post#40 » by tylero87 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:50 pm

“Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.”

-Thoreau

Return to The General Board