Anthony Parker back to EUrope ?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 558

Re: Anthony Parker back to EUrope ? 

Post#41 » by Walt Cronkite » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:02 pm

Saw this on the Euroleague site: http://www.euroleague.net/history/50-ye ... /1609/item

24,000,000 usd over 3 years for one of the 50 greatest contributers. Who's active from the NBA's top 50? Shaq, right? How much is he making these days?

Takeover quelled.
Whateva
Pro Prospect
And1: 38

Post#42 » by Whateva » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:09 pm

Walt Cronkite wrote:Saw this on the Euroleague site: http://www.euroleague.net/history/50-ye ... /1609/item

24,000,000 usd over 3 years for one of the 50 greatest contributers. Who's active from the NBA's top 50? Shaq, right? How much is he making these days?

Takeover quelled.

Whats your point ?
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#43 » by Walt Cronkite » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:40 pm

It's a combo point for this and the "Euroleague Salaries Are Catching Up" thread.

Anthony Parker, one of Euroleagues 50 greatest contributers: 8,000,000 usd/year

Shaquille O'Neal, one of the NBA's 50 greatest contributers: 20,000,000 usd/year
Whateva
Pro Prospect
And1: 38

Post#44 » by Whateva » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:56 pm

Walt Cronkite wrote:It's a combo point for this and the "Euroleague Salaries Are Catching Up" thread.

Shaquille O'Neal, one of the NBA's 50 greatest contributers: 20,000,000 usd/year

We already know that, again whats your point ?
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by Walt Cronkite » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:59 pm

I knew Air Parker was good during his Euroleague stint, but not 50 best ever as decided by the league. I have no doubt that you knew this, I mean, you're from Europe...but the majority of us stupid, irrational Americans we're certainly willfully ignorant to this otherwise common knowledge.

My apologies for cluttering up your reading area.
One of Shemps Kids
Assistant Coach
And1: 306

Post#46 » by One of Shemps Kids » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:26 pm

Walt Cronkite wrote:I knew Air Parker was good during his Euroleague stint, but not 50 best ever as decided by the league. I have no doubt that you knew this, I mean, you're from Europe...but the majority of us stupid, irrational Americans we're certainly willfully ignorant to this otherwise common knowledge.

That list isn't even 50 greatest players, its the 50 greatest to ever to be even involved with Euroleague basketball.
Phil Jackson, RealGM MVP
Fan #0001
Members: magicfan4life05, Pats19andO, kookie_819, j-far, tracey_nice
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by Walt Cronkite » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:56 pm

Also true, so he's actually one of the 35 best players. I didn't mean to point it out as a dick move, I went to the Euroleague page this morning looking for something and clicked on Nikos Galis because I've heard about how awesome he was but haven't really seen many clips, but figured the euroleague site would have those. Anyway, I clicked on a lot of other players before recognizing that Parker was on the list.

Then I made the post, because maybe the point hasn't been made in this thread, but the op of the "Euroleague Salaries Are Catching Up" thread thread posted in this one with the old "see, you guys said I was crazy--but look now!"

Sorry Whateva, I realize in the other thread you didn't make any outlandish statements, so I can understand how my earlier post would be super OT.
Lakers_4_Life
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#48 » by Lakers_4_Life » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:57 pm

Walt Cronkite wrote:It's a combo point for this and the "Euroleague Salaries Are Catching Up" thread.

Shaq has to pay taxes, Parker doesn't. Also Parker's max contract in NBA would be $12 million gross under NBA rules, which is about the same as $8 million net. You have no point.
Lakers_4_Life
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#49 » by Lakers_4_Life » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:58 pm

One of Shemps Kids wrote:
Walt Cronkite wrote:I knew Air Parker was good during his Euroleague stint, but not 50 best ever as decided by the league. I have no doubt that you knew this, I mean, you're from Europe...but the majority of us stupid, irrational Americans we're certainly willfully ignorant to this otherwise common knowledge.

That list isn't even 50 greatest players, its the 50 greatest to ever to be even involved with Euroleague basketball.

Yeah, it's 35 greatest PLAYERS, but reading comprehension is lacking for many these days.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by Walt Cronkite » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:58 pm

Lakers_4_Life wrote:

Shaq has to pay taxes, Parker doesn't. Also Parker's max contract in NBA would be $12 million gross under NBA rules, which is about the same as $8 million net. You have no point.

Shaq, one of the NBA's 50 greatest players makes 12m net.
Parker, one of the Euroleague's 35 greatest players of all time was only going to net 8m. If he got a max deal from the Raptors he'd make a tiny bit more than that, but he'd never get that deal. Parker, a dominant Euroleague style player, should no doubt go back. He gets to be a star and gets more money + incentives.

The issue is that while the salaries of Euroleague stars are approaching those of 4+ year vet max contract NBA players, even the most wealthy teams, assuming they splurged the greatest majority of their budget, would sign maybe a starting lineup of these guys and have a "former NBA starting caliber player" Euroleague All-star team. The NBA would still be the dominant league for the games largest stars. When AK's contract expires, I could see CSKA offering him more than any NBA team is willing to offer, but the blow to the NBA talent pool is marginal. For the most part, the players "jumping ship" will be under NBA caliber athletes (Landgon), National heros (CSKA/Kirilenko example), and former stars in the twilight of their careers (Stojakovic potentially, Bob McAdoo and Dominique Wilkins in the past)
Truthiracy
Sixth Man
And1: 71

Post#51 » by Truthiracy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:30 pm

Parker was their 2nd leading scorer last season, that's how bad Toronto is.
Pats19andO
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#52 » by Pats19andO » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:56 am

Be.Trist wrote:
AdamTheGreek wrote:Like I said on the Raptor board, my Greek news just reported that it's either 4.5 Euro per year for 3-4 years or 3 years for 21 million EURO with signing bonus.
OLY is also looking at Azubuike.

duskolo na peis , ka8e efimerida grafei diaforetiko poso :-? :roll:

F*uck that

Return to The General Board