Rank the NBA Teams (Post Draft Edition)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

GuyverX
Head Coach
And1: 4,208

Re: Rank the NBA Teams (Post Draft Edition) 

Post#61 » by GuyverX » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:44 pm

OdenRoyLMA2 wrote:
Guy986 wrote:West:

1.Lakers
2. Hornets
3. ROckets
4. Jazz
5. Spurs
6. Suns
7. Mavericks
8. Clippers(surprise)

Clippers over Blazers? Seriously?

Elton Brand/Chris Kaman/Al Thornton/Eric Gordon could be dangerous.
thegreatblaze
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#62 » by thegreatblaze » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:50 pm

Guy986 wrote:

Greg Oden/Brandon Roy/LaMarcus Aldridge/Jerryd Bayless/Rudy Fernandez could as well.

But who knows. We'll have to wait and see.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#63 » by rsavaj » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:13 am

West:
    Tier 1(Legit Title Contenders):
    1.Lakers
    2.Hornets
    3.Spurs
    4.Jazz

Tier 2(Can go deep in the playoffs depending on the matchups):
    5.Suns
    6.Rockets(I know, insert T-Mac joke here)
    7.Mavericks

Tier 3(Fighting for the 8th seed down the stretch):
    8.Warriors
    9.Nuggets
    10.Blazers(the team I'm most unsure about...they could end up a top 4 seed, who knows)
    11.Clippers

Tier 4(Assured lotto teams IMO):
    12.Timberwolves
    13.Kings
    14.Sonics
    15.Grizzlies

East:
    1.Celtics
    2.Cavaliers
    3.Pistons

Tier 2(Could make some noise in the playoffs):
    4.Magic
    5.Raptors
    6.Heat(healthy Wade/Matrix/Beasley)
    7.Wizards(if they remain healthy)

8.Bulls
    9.Hawks
    10.76ers

Tier 4(Assured lotto teams IMO)
    11.Bobcats(not quite there)
    12.Bucks
    13.Knicks
    14.Pacers
    15.Nets(rebuilding)

My overall rankings...just a note, some of the rankings are skewed by the conference the teams play in. For example, I think that the Suns are better than the Cavaliers, but I also think the Cavs have a better shot at making The Finals due to the strength of the East relative to the West.

1.Celtics
    2.Lakers
    3.Hornets
    4.Spurs
    5.Cavaliers
    6.Pistons
    7.Jazz

Tier 2(Could make some noise in the playoffs):
    8.Suns
    9.Rockets
    10.Mavericks
    11.Magic
    12.Raptors
    13.Warriors
    14.Nuggets
    15.Blazers
    16.Heat
    17.Wizards

18.Clippers
    19.Bulls
    20.Hawks
    21.76ers

Tier 4(Assured lotto teams IMO)
    22.T'Wolves
    23.Kings
    24.Bobcats
    25.Bucks
    26.Knicks
    27.Sonics
    28.Grizzlies
    29.Pacers
    30.Nets
fivas14
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#64 » by fivas14 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:41 am

rsavaj wrote:Tier 1(Legit Title Contenders):
    1.Celtics
    2.Lakers
    3.Hornets
    4.Spurs
    5.Cavaliers
    6.Pistons
    7.Jazz

Why do you have the Cavs ahead of the Jazz and Pistons?
eatyourchildren
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#65 » by eatyourchildren » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:59 am

I think KyleCleric's list is the best, by a long shot. I love that you can have the 8th or so youngest team in the NBA--which just went to the NBA finals btw--come back next year with a legit 7 foot center, a fully healed top-1,2 player in the league, and be 5th, even though no team in the 4 spots below it added any significant free agents or players via trade.
ugkfan2681" wrote: wrote: i dont take **** lightly im from the land of the trill home of the rockets RESPECT OK.
GG2108
Ballboy

Post#66 » by GG2108 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:16 am

East-
1.Celtics (too dominant, unless of course horror injury strikes)
2. Cleveland (Bron, if he adds another supporting player they will defs hit this spot)
3. Detroit (Many a rumour about trades but they have a good young bench and i doubt they will trade all of the core hopefully just sheed)
4. Orlando (a young D12 with some solid support you cant ignore)
5.Miami (im real confident i this new miami "big 3" i know its risky with a rookie in beasley but in my opinion they stick with those three and the support they have they will suprise peeps)
6. Raptors( I know they are adding some pieces, they could pop up anywhere in the playoffs this their lowest possible)
7. Chicago (they will find out how to play again and as long as they make the right moes regarding trades and pick up a quality center in exchange for one of their 1000000000 guards they should make it)
8. UP FOR GRABS!!! (ATL, Philly, MIL, Wiz)

West-
1. Lakers ( young team with potential + Kobe and Pau, theyll be a force for a few ore seasons at least)
2. Hornets ( young team killin it with two young all stars and plenty of experienced help)
3. Jazz ( Great team with a lot of potential, seem to get it done in the regular season, still needa take those last steps in the post season)
4. Spurs ( we know what they do, almost slipped midway through last season but should be same old same old for San Antonio)
5. Pheonix ( many people have em struggling to make the playoffs but with a core of Nash and Amare as well as shaq still bein as big as he is they will definantly slot in somewhere here.)
6. Rockets ( everyone pray for yao and tmac to stay healthy all season...even if they dont they should fit nicely into the 6 slot if both stars stay healthy it could be higher.)
7. Blazers ( everyone talkin em up ive thrown em in i know they r young but they look like doin good things this season.)
8. UP FOR GRABS!!!! ( Warriors, Mavs, Nuggs, Maybe Clips.)
GG2108
Ballboy

Post#67 » by GG2108 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:18 am

The rest can fight out for Lotto picks
ClipperDomination
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#68 » by ClipperDomination » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:31 am

GuyverX wrote:
OdenRoyLMA2 wrote:
Guy986 wrote:West:

1.Lakers
2. Hornets
3. ROckets
4. Jazz
5. Spurs
6. Suns
7. Mavericks
8. Clippers(surprise)

Clippers over Blazers? Seriously?

Agreed, but our depth is nowhere near the Blazers depth.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,749

Post#69 » by dockingsched » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:39 am

does anyone else fully expect the nuggets NOT to make the playoffs? i'd be very surprised if they do.
AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#70 » by AgEnT50 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:59 am

dcash4 wrote:does anyone else fully expect the nuggets NOT to make the playoffs? i'd be very surprised if they do.

Well. . .they "bairly" made it this year
Serpo
Veteran

Post#71 » by Serpo » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:03 am

The Nuggets need big changes or they won't make it next year . They need a PG who can distribute / facilitate and they need to play constant defense.
EdMar_Davis
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#72 » by EdMar_Davis » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:40 am

GG2108 wrote:East-
2. Cleveland (Bron, if he adds another supporting player they will defs hit this spot)
3. Detroit (Many a rumour about trades but they have a good young bench and i doubt they will trade all of the core hopefully just sheed)
5.Miami (im real confident i this new miami "big 3" i know its risky with a rookie in beasley but in my opinion they stick with those three and the support they have they will suprise peeps)
6. Raptors( I know they are adding some pieces, they could pop up anywhere in the playoffs this their lowest possible)
7. Chicago (they will find out how to play again and as long as they make the right moes regarding trades and pick up a quality center in exchange for one of their 1000000000 guards they should make it)

no way Miami is gonna be better then the Raptors, can't wait till the season starts.

West-
1. Lakers ( young team with potential + Kobe and Pau, theyll be a force for a few ore seasons at least)
2. Hornets ( young team killin it with two young all stars and plenty of experienced help)
3. Jazz ( Great team with a lot of potential, seem to get it done in the regular season, still needa take those last steps in the post season)
4. Spurs ( we know what they do, almost slipped midway through last season but should be same old same old for San Antonio)
5. Pheonix ( many people have em struggling to make the playoffs but with a core of Nash and Amare as well as shaq still bein as big as he is they will definantly slot in somewhere here.)
6. Rockets ( everyone pray for yao and tmac to stay healthy all season...even if they dont they should fit nicely into the 6 slot if both stars stay healthy it could be higher.)
7. Blazers ( everyone talkin em up ive thrown em in i know they r young but they look like doin good things this season.)
ph1sh55
Senior

Post#73 » by ph1sh55 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:02 am

West
1. Lakers
2. Hornets
3. Jazz
4. Suns
5. Rockets
6. Nuggets
7. Blazers
8. Spurs (injuries and age takes a toll and they barely get the 50+ wins needed -still nobody will want to play them in the playoffs)
9. Mavericks (falls apart?)
10. Warriors
11. Clippers
12. Kings
13. Timberwolves
14. Sonics
15. Grizzlies

East
1. Celtics
2. Magic
3. Pistons
4. Cavaliers
5. Raptors
6. Wizards
7. Hawks
8. Sixers
9. Bulls
10. Bucks
11. Heat
12. Bobcats
13. Pacers
14. Nets
15. Knicks

Going to need 50+ wins to make it into the playoffs in the west again.. Trying to break that down is ridiculous because 6 teams again will likely be seperated by only a few games.

I could concievably see the mavs imploding a bit next year, and I don't think the warriors improved to the degree the blazers will over the offseason to take that spot. What a nightmare!
kevC
Bench Warmer
And1: 367

Post#74 » by kevC » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:18 am

I don't understand how the Spurs are getting ranked so high here. I understand that they're the best run organization in the last decade but as it stands now, they do not have a team outside of their big 3 with everyone being on the wrong side of 30.
PimpHandStrong
Senior
And1: 97

Post#75 » by PimpHandStrong » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:25 am

HarlemHeat37 wrote:when did Utah become such a good team?..
If I'm right in assuming that you're a Spurs fan, I completely understand why you would ask this question. The Jazz suck against the Spurs, and likely will continue to do so next season. That said, the Jazz gave the Lakers a more competitive series than the Spurs did, and also match up extremely well against the Hornets. Barring injuries, the Jazz will almost certainly have a better regular season record in 2008/09 than they did in 2007/08 (likely by about 5 wins). The biggest question for the Jazz is if they can avoid San Antonio in the playoffs and somehow get lucky against the Lakers. Jazz own the Pistons, and beat blew out Boston in Boston (with a very close loss at home to the Celts that could have gone either way.

Oh ya, Jerry Sloan is a GREAT coach, and Jazz fans who say otherwise don't watch much basketball outside of Jazz games.
GG2108
Ballboy

Post#76 » by GG2108 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:33 am

kevC wrote:I don't understand how the Spurs are getting ranked so high here. I understand that they're the best run organization in the last decade but as it stands now, they do not have a team outside of their big 3 with everyone being on the wrong side of 30.

Wrong side of 30? we are talking next season not 5 years from now!!

Some of the L's best are at that stage of 30+ (Duncan, KG, KOBE!!....PLUS MANY MORE!!) dont be a fool the spurs will be top 5. Plus they always make the right moves resigining and trading players in the offseason. Picking up seasoned vets is what a chip team is all about see what celtics done last season?
GG2108
Ballboy

Post#77 » by GG2108 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:42 am

Kurd_CB4 wrote:
GG2108 wrote:East-

no way Miami is gonna be better then the Raptors, can't wait till the season starts.

West-

ONE SPOT BETTER! settle down who knows whats going to happen in the east i think miami will suprise you..raptors are good but miami will be right up there

MIA:
Wade
Marion
Beasley

All in their prime, all superstars/stars in the making with good support off the bench in vets and youngsters.
TOR:
JO
CB4
Calderon

CB4 is the only superstar on this team...im sick of people righting them up! JO is over the hill, still good but not what he used to be and calderon is only just starting out, your losing a very good PG in TJ and not gaining much else, Roy Hibbert certainly wont impress first season in and Bargnani is hopeless.
GG2108
Ballboy

Post#78 » by GG2108 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:43 am

looks like your losing hibbert to and pickin up Jawai im from AUS Jawai is a good player but he wont be a superstar
kevC
Bench Warmer
And1: 367

Post#79 » by kevC » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:46 am

GG2108 wrote:
kevC wrote:I don't understand how the Spurs are getting ranked so high here. I understand that they're the best run organization in the last decade but as it stands now, they do not have a team outside of their big 3 with everyone being on the wrong side of 30.

Wrong side of 30? we are talking next season not 5 years from now!!

Some of the L's best are at that stage of 30+ (Duncan, KG, KOBE!!....PLUS MANY MORE!!) dont be a fool the spurs will be top 5. Plus they always make the right moves resigining and trading players in the offseason. Picking up seasoned vets is what a chip team is all about see what celtics done last season?

Well, the rotation players outside the big three of last season are all over 35 now... (Finley, Barry, Horry, Bowen, Kurt Thomas, Damon Stoudamire) it's hard to see them as a serious contender without having a team outside of three (albeit GREAT) players.
GG2108
Ballboy

Post#80 » by GG2108 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:54 am

Finley, Barry, Horry, Bowen, Kurt Thomas, Damon Stoudamire

Worked last season didnt it...

dont worry most of those guys named are off contract and probably hog a lot of the salary (apart from big three), theyll pick up some good role players as always.

Return to The General Board