Rank the NBA Teams (Post Draft Edition)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

kevC
Bench Warmer
And1: 367

Re: Rank the NBA Teams (Post Draft Edition) 

Post#81 » by kevC » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:57 am

I'm sure they will and have a nice season since it is an odd year and all, but as it stands NOW, as intended by the thread "Post Draft Edition", they're 3 great players + geriatric ward.
GuyverX
Head Coach
And1: 4,208

Post#82 » by GuyverX » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:32 am

kevC wrote:
GG2108 wrote:
kevC wrote:I don't understand how the Spurs are getting ranked so high here. I understand that they're the best run organization in the last decade but as it stands now, they do not have a team outside of their big 3 with everyone being on the wrong side of 30.

Wrong side of 30? we are talking next season not 5 years from now!!

Some of the L's best are at that stage of 30+ (Duncan, KG, KOBE!!....PLUS MANY MORE!!) dont be a fool the spurs will be top 5. Plus they always make the right moves resigining and trading players in the offseason. Picking up seasoned vets is what a chip team is all about see what celtics done last season?

Well, the rotation players outside the big three of last season are all over 35 now... (Finley, Barry, Horry, Bowen, Kurt Thomas, Damon Stoudamire) it's hard to see them as a serious contender without having a team outside of three (albeit GREAT) players.

I think it's safe to assume that the San Antonio bench will get better just by letting Horry and Stoudamire go and signing younger players. Kurt Thomas, Michael Finley are also unrestricted free agents. Brent Barry and Jacque Vaughn have player options but let's assume they don't opt out and stay with the Spurs...they're in the last year of their contract though and can be moved. Bruce Bowen is still a great defender and 3 point shooter so I don't consider him a liability. The Spurs have a lot of decisions to make this summer and you can bet the next time we see them as a team they'll be a lot different then the aging dinosaurs of the '08 playoffs.

It's a lot easier to improve the team if you have 3 great stars and a weak bench than if you have a deep bench but no stars. When this off-season is all said and done San Antonio will still be among the elite teams in the west. Whoever had them at #8 in the West is :crazy:
Flyboy
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#83 » by Flyboy » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:55 am

One of Shemps Kids wrote:
Secret Lover14 wrote:Houston only #9?!

The west is so competitive and its so hard to get excited about a team that did nothing most of the year and had to rely on a 22 game win streak to make it to the playoffs. If that win streak was 10 games instead of 21 or 22, would they have even made the playoffs last year? And realistically, how many teams each year even get 10 game winning streaks? 2? 3?

I'm not even sure this makes logical sense. Not to mention that streak was done without Yao.
"Now they're making players up to draft instead of Arthur. That last dude was a create-a-player." -- Bornindamecca

- on Darrell Arthur slipping in the NBA draft
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#84 » by HarlemHeat37 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:12 am

the Spurs have the MLE to address the main need, which is an athletic wing that can score..that keeps us as a legit contender, and anything else(like an athletic big) just makes it better..
eatyourchildren
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#85 » by eatyourchildren » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:40 am

Unless you think the Gasol/Bynum experiment is going to be a disaster (but really, the only possible disaster is Odom at the 3), doesn't every team have to improve this off-season just to keep pace out west?

Just adding another year of experience will only do so much if the reigning WCF champ is doing that AND adding a breakout player.
ponder276
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#86 » by ponder276 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:30 am

West
1. Lakers
2. Hornets
3. Jazz
4. Spurs
5. Warriors
6. Rockets
7. Blazers
8. Mavs
9. Clippers
10. Nuggets
11. Suns
12. Kings
13. TWolves
14. Grizz
15. Sonics

East
1. Celtics
2. Magic
3. Pistons
4. Cavs
5. Wiz
6. Raps
7. Heat
8. Bulls
9. Sixers
10. Hawks
11. Bobcats
12. Pacers
13. Bucks
14. Nets
15. Knicks
farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#87 » by farzi » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:30 am

Hornets
Lakers
Jazz
Rockets
Suns
Blazers
Spurs
Mavs

Boston
Cleveland
Detroit
Toronto
Chicago
Washington
Orlando
Atlanta
Thank you for all the memories BRoy. You were a class act and brought hope to an entire region for 5 years. You will be missed.
EdMar_Davis
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#88 » by EdMar_Davis » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:48 pm

ONE SPOT BETTER! settle down who knows whats going to happen in the east i think miami will suprise you..raptors are good but miami will be right up there

MIA:
Wade
Marion
Beasley

All in their prime, all superstars/stars in the making with good support off the bench in vets and youngsters.
TOR:
JO
CB4
Calderon

CB4 is the only superstar on this team...im sick of people righting them up! JO is over the hill, still good but not what he used to be and calderon is only just starting out, your losing a very good PG in TJ and not gaining much else, Roy Hibbert certainly wont impress first season in and Bargnani is hopeless.[/quote]

Were just gonna have to wait and see then. You can't just go from being the worst team in the league to a top 5 seed, just by adding a rookie. Marion is not a superstar and Wade is going not gonna play all the 82 games.

oo yah the offseason is still not over soo who knows what's going to happen.
PeaceNluv
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#89 » by PeaceNluv » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:54 pm

GG2108 wrote:
Kurd_CB4 wrote:
GG2108 wrote:East-
1.Celtics (too dominant, unless of course horror injury strikes)
2. Cleveland (Bron, if he adds another supporting player they will defs hit this spot)
3. Detroit (Many a rumour about trades but they have a good young bench and i doubt they will trade all of the core hopefully just sheed)
4. Orlando (a young D12 with some solid support you cant ignore)
5.Miami (im real confident i this new miami "big 3" i know its risky with a rookie in beasley but in my opinion they stick with those three and the support they have they will suprise peeps)
6. Raptors( I know they are adding some pieces, they could pop up anywhere in the playoffs this their lowest possible)
7. Chicago (they will find out how to play again and as long as they make the right moes regarding trades and pick up a quality center in exchange for one of their 1000000000 guards they should make it)
8. UP FOR GRABS!!! (ATL, Philly, MIL, Wiz)

no way Miami is gonna be better then the Raptors, can't wait till the season starts.

West-
1. Lakers ( young team with potential + Kobe and Pau, theyll be a force for a few ore seasons at least)
2. Hornets ( young team killin it with two young all stars and plenty of experienced help)
3. Jazz ( Great team with a lot of potential, seem to get it done in the regular season, still needa take those last steps in the post season)
4. Spurs ( we know what they do, almost slipped midway through last season but should be same old same old for San Antonio)
5. Pheonix ( many people have em struggling to make the playoffs but with a core of Nash and Amare as well as shaq still bein as big as he is they will definantly slot in somewhere here.)
6. Rockets ( everyone pray for yao and tmac to stay healthy all season...even if they dont they should fit nicely into the 6 slot if both stars stay healthy it could be higher.)
7. Blazers ( everyone talkin em up ive thrown em in i know they r young but they look like doin good things this season.)
8. UP FOR GRABS!!!! ( Warriors, Mavs, Nuggs, Maybe Clips.)

ONE SPOT BETTER! settle down who knows whats going to happen in the east i think miami will suprise you..raptors are good but miami will be right up there

MIA:
Wade
Marion
Beasley

All in their prime, all superstars/stars in the making with good support off the bench in vets and youngsters.
TOR:
JO
CB4
Calderon

CB4 is the only superstar on this team...im sick of people righting them up! JO is over the hill, still good but not what he used to be and calderon is only just starting out, your losing a very good PG in TJ and not gaining much else, Roy Hibbert certainly wont impress first season in and Bargnani is hopeless.

losing TJ Ford and not gaining much else ?? so Jermaine Oneal counts for nothing then ? Then why did the Raps give up so much for him ? and Roy Hibbert is going to Indiana....not playing for Toronto. Have you seen the details of this trade at all ?
formally known as VC4real

Return to The General Board