Enough About Portland, How About The Future of The Warriors

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Cybulski37
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Re: Enough About Portland, How About The Future of The Warriors 

Post#121 » by Cybulski37 » Tue Jul 1, 2008 2:19 am

I think the Warriors are a star player away. That's what separates them from a team like Portland, who, if Oden pans out, will have two players(Oden and Roy) better than the Warriors best player(Ellis). Also, they very well may have two more players(Aldridge and Bayless) better than the Warriors 2nd best player(Biedrins).
streetp0et
Rookie
And1: 99

Post#122 » by streetp0et » Tue Jul 1, 2008 2:41 am

SupaFly78 wrote:That's funny cause I'd rather be a Warriors fan with zero titles in my era then a Spurs fan with four, that's how boring they are.

only on realgm.
SunTzuMachiavelli
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#123 » by SunTzuMachiavelli » Tue Jul 1, 2008 6:14 am

Yay let's play!

Boston

PG: Gabe Pruitt
SG: Rajon Rondo
SF: Bill Walker
PF: Leon Powe
C: Kendrick Perkins

Detroit

PG: Rodney Stuckey
SG: Arron Afflalo
SF: Amir Johnson
PF: Jason Maxiell
C: Cheik Samb

( I really wanted to do Spurs and MAvs but they don't even have enough youth to have 5 players)
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,742

Post#124 » by meatball sub » Tue Jul 1, 2008 6:22 am

Actually...

Rondo
Giddens
Walker
Powe
Perk

...is pretty nice but that doesn't mean it's on par with the Portland Dynasties. Any fan who thinks their team has as much young talent as the Blazers is just clowning themselves. I'm just really glad DA decided to go for it now instead of later while still acquiring exciting young talent.
Ortho Stice
Veteran
And1: 76

Post#125 » by Ortho Stice » Tue Jul 1, 2008 6:26 am

The future of the Warriors looks pretty bleak to me, to be honest. They really aren't even close to being as talented as the Blazers. Ellis is the only young player they have that the Blazers would swap positions with, and even then, Bayless has a chance to become just as good as him.
SunTzuMachiavelli
Banned User

Post#126 » by SunTzuMachiavelli » Tue Jul 1, 2008 6:27 am

bove310 wrote:Actually...

Rondo
Giddens
Walker
Powe
Perk

...is pretty nice but that doesn't mean it's on par with the Portland Dynasties. Any fan who thinks their team has as much young talent as the Blazers is just clowning themselves. I'm just really glad DA decided to go for it now instead of later while still acquiring exciting young talent.

yeah that lineup might be better. I just wanted to post up teams that people claim have windows that are quickly closing. The goal wasn't to match Portland, it was matching GS.
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#127 » by And 1 Amare » Tue Jul 1, 2008 6:29 am

The KG trade was definitely worth it. It would have been too long a wait to see Al Jefferson in the NBA Finals. And plus that championship is a big story itself: the big three finally winning a championship after numerous failed attempts in their individual careers.

But now for Warriors fans, we're a step closer to seeing what Monta Ellis can do as a top option in Golden State. Baron Davis is likely going to the Clippers; either that, or there might be a big trade brewing up to send Baron to another team like LAL, MIA, DET etc.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,651

Post#128 » by dockingsched » Tue Jul 1, 2008 6:29 am

i'll take the lakers young core of the warriors, and the lakers are in win now mode.

bynum, farmar, ariza, turiaf, sasha.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
-bob-
RealGM
And1: 41

Post#129 » by -bob- » Tue Jul 1, 2008 7:34 am

^^lol

the Warriors have 22 year old averaging 20/5/4, and 22 year old averaging a double-double. Portland has Roy who is big time, and Oden who could be a double-double guy next year. But LAL? Bos? Det? you guys need back the **** up.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,470

Post#130 » by Ballings7 » Tue Jul 1, 2008 8:06 am

How are the Lakers going to trade for Baron? They don't have the pieces. If anything he'd have to settle for the MLE there, same goes for Miami. Would have to be a good three way deal for both teams.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#131 » by Buck You » Tue Jul 1, 2008 8:07 am

I never thought I'd see Ariza mentioned in this thread.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#132 » by Ballings7 » Tue Jul 1, 2008 8:14 am

Ariza if he gets three point range would be one of the top (and young) complementary players in the league. Who knows if he does, though.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,467

Post#133 » by RIPskaterdude » Tue Jul 1, 2008 8:15 am

ReddBogutCharlieV wrote:I never thought I'd see Ariza mentioned in this thread.

According to the Laker fans, Bynum is the next Wilt, Ariza is the next Pippen and Farmar is the next Jason Kidd :lol:
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#134 » by And 1 Amare » Tue Jul 1, 2008 8:30 am

Ballings7 wrote:How are the Lakers going to trade for Baron? They don't have the pieces. If anything he'd have to settle for the MLE there, same goes for Miami. Would have to be a good three way deal for both teams.

I kept hearing of Lamar Odom and Jordan Farmar in a package for him. Just a rumor though. And a Baron/Marion swap could have been possible, since both players' had 1 year and 17 million left on their contracts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHVPEFam_Og
| Monta Ellis | Marco Belinelli | Anthony Randolph | Brandan Wright | Andris Biedrins |
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#135 » by Ballings7 » Tue Jul 1, 2008 8:42 am

Not sure that's enough for Baron Davis... Harrington's also there, and they may want to move Ellis over to PG, or else Farmar's the back-up. Harrington would have to go with Baron for there to be room for Marion or Odom. Either would be an overall improvement over Harrington.

I guess if they want to get a form of value, I can understand that (in the latter scenario).
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,651

Post#136 » by dockingsched » Tue Jul 1, 2008 3:42 pm

-bob- wrote:^^lol

the Warriors have 22 year old averaging 20/5/4, and 22 year old averaging a double-double. Portland has Roy who is big time, and Oden who could be a double-double guy next year. But LAL? Bos? Det? you guys need back the **** up.

andrew bynum's potential alone trumps the warriors young core.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#137 » by GswStorm3 » Tue Jul 1, 2008 4:07 pm

dcash4 wrote:

I don't about that, you never know how Bynum will recover from his knee injury.
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#138 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Tue Jul 1, 2008 5:05 pm

dcash4 wrote:

Not at all. Monte Ellis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bynum
SabasRevenge!
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#139 » by SabasRevenge! » Tue Jul 1, 2008 5:10 pm

Wow, I agree that the Lakers are primed to dominate that division, but taking their young "core" over GS? Those are some Purple and Gold colored glasses...

Ellis(22) v. Farmar(21)
Ellis absolutely kills Farmar and Farmar is the second most promising player the Lakers have to offer. Would anyone really rather have Farmar over Ellis?

Belinelli(22) v. Vujacic(24)
Belinelli isn't even a rotation player for GS yet, so Vujacic has an advantage here. It's still the same story though; Vujacic is likely at best a solid role player while Belinelli could still blow up.

Randolph(18) v. Ariza(23)
Randolph and Ariza could be a wash because, while Ariza is certainly athletically gifted, he's not more athletically gifted than Randolph and has zero range and is chronically injured. Ariza is 23 and on his third team already. If he were bursting with so much potential, why did two teams already trade him?

Turiaf(25) v. Wright(20)
Ronny Turiaf is a nice emergency starter or hustle big off the bench, but he can't touch Wright's upside and has probably about hit his. Wright had some games late this year where he showed just how much more than Turiaf he is already capable of.

Bynum(20) v. Biedrins(22)
The Lakers most promising young player, Bynum, matches up against a very good GSW player in Biedrins.

Looking towards the future, I'd prefer the Warriors player at 4 out of 5 spots and the 5th spot isn't a huge Lakers edge.

Outside of Bynum and maybe Farmar, those Lakers are a bunch of role players/fringe rotation players on many teams. They have the makings of a nice young bench.

The young "core" of the Lakers is similar to the Celtics, only the Celts have two starters in their young core. It could also be compared to the Pistons. Detroit and Boston's young players would compare quite favorably with the Lakers and, like the Lakers, the Pistons and Celtics are trying to win now.

It's also worth noting that the Lakers young players average 22.6 years and the Warriors average 20.8. The Lakers are 5 years older in two of those positions.
yehyeh82
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#140 » by yehyeh82 » Tue Jul 1, 2008 5:37 pm

Great post, sabas. I wanted to make a similar one but would probably be called a homer. The Warriors have great potential with extremely young players. Its really a boom or bust team.
Bill Walton after comparing a Lebron dunk to Angel Falls wrote: Now that is a big waterfall and that was a big throwdown

Return to The General Board