Enough About Portland, How About The Future of The Warriors

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

lukeridenour
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Re: Enough About Portland, How About The Future of The Warriors 

Post#161 » by lukeridenour » Wed Jul 2, 2008 6:18 am

if they can pry gilbert, although unlikely, they will be even better. They can also choose to look for a combo guard or a playmaking 2 and play monta at the 1.
Manu Ginobili:

* Italian League Championship: 2001
* Italian Cup: 2001, 2002
* Euroleague: 2001
* Americas Championship: 2001
* NBA Championship: 2003, 2005, 2007
* Summer Olympic Games gold medal: 2004
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#162 » by mr_sunshine » Wed Jul 2, 2008 6:25 am

And 1 Amare wrote:
EDIT: Also, I noticed you said that no one can stop Ellis. I have to say that it is possible to stop Ellis before he gets going, it's obviously been done before; but once he starts his drive to the rim it's almost impossible to stop him. He's basically a taller, more athletic Tony Parker; he also has a little bit of D-Wade's ability to make way in mid air for athletic plays as well.

Watch this highlight video of him. Of course, a highlight video makes ANYONE look good, but you people can watch it to take a glance at how he drives to the basket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb3I80mts48
(Check out the 7:41 mark in the video. Should give a good showcase at Monta's ability to maneuver against a good defender in mid air)

It's just that Monta is SOOOO QUIET, he always got overshadowed by Baron Davis (not a bad thing, since it was Baron's team anyways) and the spotlight was always on BD instead.

I agree. I did already watch the highlight vid, and I had quite a few double takes. The guy is just amazing one he gets in the lane. He switches his shots like crazy, and has great body control. I'm really excited to see what he can do next year when Nellie, hopefully, passes the reins to him. The Warriors may not be that good, but Ellis will surely tear **** up.
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#163 » by BROWN » Wed Jul 2, 2008 7:00 am

If and thats a big IF gilbert signs, how good do you guys expect the warriors to be?
The_Believer
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#164 » by The_Believer » Wed Jul 2, 2008 7:03 am

sweet_jesus wrote:Sorry I just don't see Monta Ellis becoming an allstar. (No even considering the fact that a healthy Deron, Parker and Paul would aborb a West's PG positions for the next 10 years)

I hope the Warroirs fan's faith in Monta holds true though cause the West is so much better with 10 teams competing than only a few like some other conference which will remain nameless.

The Warriors being a team in limbo does the franchise no good. Too good to get a lottery pick of value but not good enough to make the playoffs. Don't kid yourself GS does not have the collection of talent that the Blazers, Bulls, Memphis, Seattle, (well most lotto teams outside of LAC or NYC)

Monta just had a 20/5/4/2/53% season just out of HS for a couple of years as a 3rd option. He's just gonna get exponentially better with Baron gone. If all of Monta's projections come true, he'll easily be an all-star or superstar player.
Biedrins and Bellinelli seem to be far from anything other than role players, and I'm a Warriors fan. But Ellis will definitely be special, and Wright and Randolph ooze potential.
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#165 » by BROWN » Wed Jul 2, 2008 7:04 am

Monta can def become an all star... if BROY can, i think he can ...
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#166 » by And 1 Amare » Wed Jul 2, 2008 8:16 am

microfib4thewin wrote:
and 1 amare wrote:The OP was premature to start this thread though, so I can see why people would laugh at it. A lot of the players that the OP mentioned haven't proven themselves yet; although a lot of people are giving those players an automatic 'disregard' since they are PLAYERS THAT THEY'VE NEVER HEARD OF BEFORE.

I think you meant, 2 guys that have played less than 400 minutes in the NBA and one rookie. Ellis can become a franchise player, but Biedrins is overrated. Anyone can make uncontested layups off running pick'n'roll with Davis, he's a decent shot blocker but offers no defensive presence in the paint, he runs well, but can't score in half court without being fed a good pass. Biedrins is at best a solid role player until he expands his game.

Yeah ok Mr. Try-To-Put-My-Post-To-Shame.

I never said that all those other players were good. I said that a lot of people are giving them an automatic disregard just because the names that were listed haven't been proven yet. So really, no one can tell if these players are good or not good, because most of them haven't had the opportunity to prove themselves as busts or or studs. I was just saying that a lot of people just looked at the names of guys like Marco Belinelli, Anthony Randolph and Brandan Wright and gave an automatic "LOL, they suck *insert 'lol' emotion*" type of post, just because those players haven't played.

So yes, obviously you can't say a player is good if they haven't even seen real minutes yet; but at the same time you can't say that they suck balls either. That was the point.

EDIT: And yes, I bet a lot of 21 year olds can make 'uncontested' pick and roll layups from Baron Davis, but I doubt there are that many 21 year old big men that can have a 21/13 night against Kevin Garnett while playing with a F*CKED up appendix that would eventually get surgically fixed on the very next morning. (respond with, "that's only ONE game")
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHVPEFam_Og
| Monta Ellis | Marco Belinelli | Anthony Randolph | Brandan Wright | Andris Biedrins |
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#167 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Wed Jul 2, 2008 8:27 am

SupaFly78 wrote:Pg: Ellis
Sg: Bellinelli
Sf: Randolph
Pf: Wright
C: Biedrins

If the Warriors keep that team together, they'll be major contenders in the coming years.
What future?
The Warriors and Portland have just now traded places as Pacific division doormats along with the Sonics.
There is no future here. :noway:
Another thing, you got Randolph starting over SJack at SF and B. Wright over Al Harrington at PF ?

Your drunk... :droop:
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#168 » by And 1 Amare » Wed Jul 2, 2008 8:30 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:
SupaFly78 wrote:Pg: Ellis
Sg: Bellinelli
Sf: Randolph
Pf: Wright
C: Biedrins

If the Warriors keep that team together, they'll be major contenders in the coming years.
What future?
The Warriors and Portland have just now traded places as Pacific division doormats along with the Sonics.
There is no future here. :noway:
Another thing, you got Randolph starting over SJack at SF and B. Wright over Al Harrington at PF ?

Your drunk... :droop:

-Portland doesn't play in the Pacific division.
-Seattle doesn't play in the Pacific division.
-Stephen Jackson is 30 years old.
-Al Harrington is hella old too.
| Monta Ellis | Marco Belinelli | Anthony Randolph | Brandan Wright | Andris Biedrins |
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#169 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Wed Jul 2, 2008 8:55 am

Enough about Portland my foot...

You will be hearing and seeing a lot of them for the next 7-10 years my friend. Get used to it! This is just the begining with them! You better recognize...

Deal with it....they have done a wonderful job building an exceptionall young fabulous basketball team that I even envy as a rival fan but respect as an NBA fan.

The trailblazers are like when you walk into a house for the first time since your friend refurbished it, and you say, "man, I love what you have done with this room?"

One must look at the Portland Trailblazer roster from 5 years ago if not a mere 2 years ago and then exclaim, " I love what they have done with this....roster."

That is how it is done. Now they will have to go out and perform...but there is no reason why they cannot return to past glories of that team who were playoff staples for 16 straight years.

RIP City is back! It's good to see...good to see. They've done it the right way. High character young players and good coaching.
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#170 » by microfib4thewin » Wed Jul 2, 2008 3:23 pm

And 1 Amare wrote:Yeah ok Mr. Try-To-Put-My-Post-To-Shame.

I never said that all those other players were good. I said that a lot of people are giving them an automatic disregard just because the names that were listed haven't been proven yet. So really, no one can tell if these players are good or not good, because most of them haven't had the opportunity to prove themselves as busts or or studs. I was just saying that a lot of people just looked at the names of guys like Marco Belinelli, Anthony Randolph and Brandan Wright and gave an automatic "LOL, they suck *insert 'lol' emotion*" type of post, just because those players haven't played.

So yes, obviously you can't say a player is good if they haven't even seen real minutes yet; but at the same time you can't say that they suck balls either. That was the point.

Most players will be at most average in their first two years. It's pointless to say how good they can become because that goes for all players that have just entered the league. Right now, they haven't proven anything, so any player comparison like what savage just did is downright laughable.

and 1 amare wrote:EDIT: And yes, I bet a lot of 21 year olds can make 'uncontested' pick and roll layups from Baron Davis, but I doubt there are that many 21 year old big men that can have a 21/13 night against Kevin Garnett while playing with a F*CKED up appendix that would eventually get surgically fixed on the very next morning. (respond with, "that's only ONE game")

I heard Hughes is good because he scored over 30 points three times. Warrior fans are too high on a guy who has only proven to be a good 4th scoring option.
Abyss Impact
Banned User

Post#171 » by Abyss Impact » Wed Jul 2, 2008 5:58 pm

Bump.
yehyeh82
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#172 » by yehyeh82 » Wed Jul 2, 2008 6:55 pm

We're high on Biedrins cause he makes the team much better when he is in the game. He changes shots, grabs boards, catches everything thrown his way, knows where he is at all times when in the box, knows how to create passing lanes (one of the most underrated things a big man can do imo),has an extremely soft touch and hustles. Just because Don Nelson decides to play this guy less than 30 minutes while playing scrubs like Matt Barnes at center because they can "stretch the floor" doesn't mean this guy can't play. I guarantee you when given the minutes and touches he deserves he will be a 15/12/2 guy. You are completely underrating this kid.

PS: There is nothing wrong with being a good pick and roll player in this league. You're acting like having a center who can move and has great hands is a frickin' liability or something.
killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Post#173 » by killacalijatt » Wed Jul 2, 2008 7:10 pm

microfib4thewin wrote:I heard Hughes is good because he scored over 30 points three times. Warrior fans are too high on a guy who has only proven to be a good 4th scoring option.

How many people have grabbed 27 rebounds in 1 game during the last 5+ years?
Only 1 comes to mind Biedrens.
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#174 » by Spykes » Wed Jul 2, 2008 7:23 pm

killacalijatt wrote:
microfib4thewin wrote:I heard Hughes is good because he scored over 30 points three times. Warrior fans are too high on a guy who has only proven to be a good 4th scoring option.

Joel Przybilla (Oden's backup next season) had 26 rebounds last season in a Blazer win over the Clippers.
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#175 » by And 1 Amare » Wed Jul 2, 2008 7:52 pm

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Enough about Portland my foot...

You will be hearing and seeing a lot of them for the next 7-10 years my friend. Get used to it! This is just the begining with them! You better recognize...

Deal with it....they have done a wonderful job building an exceptionall young fabulous basketball team that I even envy as a rival fan but respect as an NBA fan.

The trailblazers are like when you walk into a house for the first time since your friend refurbished it, and you say, "man, I love what you have done with this room?"

One must look at the Portland Trailblazer roster from 5 years ago if not a mere 2 years ago and then exclaim, " I love what they have done with this....roster."

That is how it is done. Now they will have to go out and perform...but there is no reason why they cannot return to past glories of that team who were playoff staples for 16 straight years.

RIP City is back! It's good to see...good to see. They've done it the right way. High character young players and good coaching.

LOL. No one said that the Trailblazers future sucks. The OP just said how about everyone stop talking about Portland for once and give a chance to talk about another team's future (GS).
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#176 » by And 1 Amare » Wed Jul 2, 2008 7:54 pm

microfib4thewin wrote:
And 1 Amare wrote:Yeah ok Mr. Try-To-Put-My-Post-To-Shame.

Most players will be at most average in their first two years. It's pointless to say how good they can become because that goes for all players that have just entered the league. Right now, they haven't proven anything, so any player comparison like what savage just did is downright laughable.

and 1 amare wrote:EDIT: And yes, I bet a lot of 21 year olds can make 'uncontested' pick and roll layups from Baron Davis, but I doubt there are that many 21 year old big men that can have a 21/13 night against Kevin Garnett while playing with a F*CKED up appendix that would eventually get surgically fixed on the very next morning. (respond with, "that's only ONE game")

I heard Hughes is good because he scored over 30 points three times. Warrior fans are too high on a guy who has only proven to be a good 4th scoring option.

Oh, I was expecting you to post the classic "Tony Delk scored 50 points in a game before" line, but whatever.
Alinchip
Banned User

Post#177 » by Alinchip » Wed Jul 2, 2008 8:53 pm

NO SPAMMING

Edit: Blame Rasho
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,103
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#178 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Jul 2, 2008 8:59 pm

killacalijatt wrote:

Well you should probably watch something other than the Warriors.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
SabasRevenge!
Assistant Coach

Post#179 » by SabasRevenge! » Wed Jul 2, 2008 9:05 pm

playoff staples for 21 straight years

fixed.

Return to The General Board