Enough About Portland, How About The Future of The Warriors

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

And 1 Amare
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Enough About Portland, How About The Future of The Warriors 

Post#81 » by And 1 Amare » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:49 am

Baller 24 wrote:Monta is going to be a future all star, next season he should average over 20 points. He is just a terrific player. But as of the future of the Warriors, there is still a long way to go.

He already averaged 20ppg in 07-08. He's definitely our future of the franchise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb3I80mts48

(yes i know i posted the same link many times)

and please, don't come at me with a "omg a video, a highlight reel can make any player look good" type of response. you can just watch it to get a glance at how he plays.

And btw he's doing all that scoring and he doesn't even have a 3point shot yet. He's one of the BEST mid range shooters in the leage, check the percentages. Even scored 36 points in a game without even needing to attempt a single 3pt or FT. He's smart enough to control himself and have wise shot selection, even though he's on a team that gives the green light to shoot 3s all the time. When he finally extends his range to that 3point line he'll be crazy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHVPEFam_Og
| Monta Ellis | Marco Belinelli | Anthony Randolph | Brandan Wright | Andris Biedrins |
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#82 » by And 1 Amare » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:52 am

SupaFly78 wrote:I just think they have a bright future and a they're an exciting team.

Go Warriors!!!!!

Just because you think so, doesn't mean that everyone else does; you have to have stats and reasons as to why you think so. It gives you more credibility that way. If you're going to talk about our young players, talk about Monta and Biedrins for now since they've proven themselves to us Warriors fans but are getting underrated by the casual basketball fan. Mention how Biedrins got a 20/10 night against Kevin Garnett even though Andris was playing with a f*cked up appendix that he got surgery on the very next morning.

But the one positive thing about this thread is that you stuck your head out, and got many responses. It's a good thing to bump a couple years from now. I remember last offseason there was a poster who argued with everyone that Baron Davis is no longer injury prone. He had about 30 or so people on this board arguing AGAINST him, but he took them all on because he knew his stats. And see what happens, in the 07-08 season Baron Davis didn't miss any games. I wish I still had the link to that wonderful thread. No one wanted to listen to him even though he knew what he was talking about.
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#83 » by And 1 Amare » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:57 am

Captain_Morgan wrote:No Thanks...

Bunch of shooting guards with undersized forwards and centers. That team is going no where. They can't rebound, they can't defend the big man and they will never win the big games.

wow, can you tell me who's gonna win the championship in 2020 as well? tell me sir, how do you know the future so well??!?! wow you're awesome.

A 6'10 SF is undersized? wow ok.

An undersized 7 footer at the center position? wow ok.

An undersized 6'11' Pf? oh my.
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#84 » by And 1 Amare » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:00 am

dcash4 wrote:quite the intimidating frontcourt the warriors have there :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAH! I KNOW RIGHT?!?!?!?! STUPID WARRIORS FANS AND THEIR SKINNY BIG MEN!!! HAHA THEY MAKE ME HOP ON MY ROFLCOPTER AND EAT SOME LOLERPOPS. ALMOST SPILLED MY LMAONADE!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHVPEFam_Og
| Monta Ellis | Marco Belinelli | Anthony Randolph | Brandan Wright | Andris Biedrins |
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#85 » by And 1 Amare » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:03 am

HarlemHeat37 wrote:Bellinelli, Randolph, Wright? wow, that's mediocre as ****..

the Warriors will make the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed a few times..nothing more..

LOL and the Spurs are super old now and they're time is over. They're time as champions are over (respond with, "at least we won a championship unlike the boring warriors"), oh?? don't worry im just making a prediction like you were making a prediction about the warriors.
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#86 » by And 1 Amare » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:05 am

Rasho Brezec wrote:I would like to see them play some defense before I would consider them future contenders.

Oh my, 48 wins without a bench and an inside presence?!?! And there's nothing they can do to improve from that?!!? They can't play the bench more or develop their big men or somethin?!?! ohh ok.
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#87 » by And 1 Amare » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:07 am

Abyss Impact wrote:Don't forget Patrick O'Bryant. He is pretty good and is only 23 years old. He just doesn't get playing time because Don Nelson is (Please Use More Appropriate Word) like that.

Nah, I love Patrick but he's not returning on the Warriors. Nellie made a mistake there by not playing him. How are you going to pass up on a 7 footer who has a mid range shot and a sky hook??
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,102
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#88 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:10 am

Post pad much?
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#89 » by And 1 Amare » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:11 am

Yangsing wrote:Major contenders? I'd be worried about making the playoffs first.

Portland, Seattle, Chicago, Memphis, Miami didn't make the playoffs last year either, and they're considered teams with great futures as well. So STFU n00b. Try again.
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#90 » by And 1 Amare » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:12 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:Post pad much?

Oh my, I thought I was replying to posts but I guess not.

k nvm i'll try to reply to ALL the comments in ONE post since i'm bothering you so much (reply with, "you're not bothering me, I just noticed that you post a lot")
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#91 » by And 1 Amare » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:17 am

KyleCleric wrote:The Warriors have good potential in their players. They could become dominating someday. Portland has the potential to not only be dominating in the future, but to make a playoff push right now.

I also really like the young core groups of Memphis and Minnesota. Mike Conley, OJ Mayo, Rudy Gay are a trio that can play well right now. The question marks are with the inside players. Can Marc Gasol, Darko Milicic, Darrell Arthur, Hakim Warrick, Antoine Walker, and whoever else they have for the positions be able to handle the best inside tandems in the league? That's my biggest question for them. In the future, they probably can, but right now they can't. That's still probably good enough though to get in the late 30's for wins or even 40's and sneaking into the playoffs. Minnesota has the opposite problem to Memphis. The duo of Love and Jefferson seems very solid. Even Mike Miller gives them another reliable starter. I question whether Foye can really play point guard or whether he should be shooting guard. He is a player, IMO, that is a starter in this league for any team, whether lottery bound or a championship contender. The last starting position also gives me worries for this team. McCants, Telfair, Brewer, I'm not sure any of them can start in this league. Depth for them doesn't concern me. They seem to have fairly solid bench players.

THANK YOU!!!!

Yes, i've encountered a KNOWLEDGEABLE poster making a KNOWLEDGEABLE post.

Unlike all you other people with your "haha what a weak team. LOL ROFL LMAO at the Warriors (heres my chance to laugh at the Warriors since I dislike this team because they think they're so COOL with their offense. And plus I hate that thug Stephen Jackson, and I hate that injury prone Baron Davis too)".
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#92 » by And 1 Amare » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:18 am

Batronuj wrote:
SupaFly78 wrote:I can't wait to see you guys eat your words 3 years from now.... And to those who say the team I listed is undersized.....are you on drugs? They're thin yes, but will be faster then just about any team in the league.

Pg: Ellis 6'3
Sg: Bellinelli 6'5
Sf: Randolph 6'10
Pf: Wright 6'10
C: Biedrins 7'0

Yeah, because really fast teams who can't put a body on anyone win the championship 9 times out of 10.

And also it takes an overtime session just to beat a really fast team (who've you just outrebounded by 28 boards in the game) in a Game 2 of a semi-final series.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:20 am

And 1 Amare wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:Post pad much?

Oh my, I thought I was replying to posts but I guess not.

k nvm i'll try to reply to ALL the comments in ONE post since i'm bothering you so much (reply with, "you're not bothering me, I just noticed that you post a lot")

Actually yea, use the quote function (its new and improved so you can get to every post at once) and keep it all in one post.

Your posting isn't that bothersome, you can clean that up, but your whining about hate is pretty annoying.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#94 » by And 1 Amare » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:23 am

Warspite wrote:With Ellis, Randolph and Wright the Warriors will have at least 10 more lottery picks to put with them before they retire. The Warriors have been rebuilding for as long as I have been alive I dont expect the Warriors to get off there 40 yr rebuilding program with they are right on track.

You're a funny guy. You must be lucky, because women really like guys with a sense of humor. The '40 year rebuilding' was the best joke you made about Golden State; haha I literally lol'd. But it's nice how you can see the future and know automatically that the Warriors will get 10 more lottery picks; i've always been training to be cool enough to be able to tell the future.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:28 am

Condense it all into one post, stop double, triple, quadruple posting

And take a deep breath, and calm down and attack the post, not the poster
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#96 » by And 1 Amare » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:28 am

Serpo wrote:Ok maybe lets change Greg Oden to Dwight Howard , better ?

Who's going to hold his ground against the really big guys , yes your players are tall but not particularly big.

This team's going to get killed once the game turns into a grind out game and there's not much you can to do prevent a good team from doing that.

search "yao ming vs. warriors 2006-2007 season".

and don't look at the boxscores from when we had Dunleavy and Murphy as our frontline. There's other ways to guard someone than just 1-on-1.
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#97 » by And 1 Amare » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:30 am

CBS7 wrote:A couple of those guys haven't done anything in their first year. Wright played 10 mpg and put up 4 and 3. Marco played 7 mpg and put up 3 ppg.

Anthony Randolph needs to do quite a bit before he becomes a legit NBA starter. They have a future 25 ppg scorer in Ellis, and a bigman that should be able to put up 12/12, but that's it. As of now Beilinelli/Randolph/Wright have done nothing.

Yeah that's basically it. Like I said before, Monta Ellis is the only future bright spot in the young core for now. Everyone else is still up for grabs since they're still young and improving. Andris Biedrins is still only 21/22 years old.
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#98 » by And 1 Amare » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:33 am

Thugleavy34 wrote:Ellis is being groomed as the PG of the future for GS, and the writing's been on the wall for a couple of years now. His projection is as a Tony Parker type of point, and he's done fairly well averaging 4 assists last year despite the 2 on a team that often sported no movement off the ball whatsoever. Baron's role was to give the fan base something to be excited about after the playoff drought and then give way to a heir apparent when it was time to play some semblance of real basketball. Of course there was the hope that Baron would remove the chuck from his game and become an efficient point and then he would have been worth keeping. However that did not tie into the organization's goal as giving the fans entertainment and a great time out, which was accomplished with the master of short-term fool's gold success in Don Nelson. To Nellie's credit he commands the players respect and gets them to play hard for him, effectively increasing Baron's value such as that we may be able to get something in a trade. If it doesn't, we just let him walk. Either way, the current system was never going to turn BD into a mature PG through the peak of his career, which is a shame in a sense but Baron will get that cash money money so he's not complaining. Props go to Baron for talking up Ellis in interviews and forging a bond with the kid even though in the back of his mind he must have known that someday Monta would replace him. Perhaps he hoped the kid would stay at the 2 but as the years progress it's becoming clear that this is not going to happen. This year you will see Ellis continue to grow as a part time 1 and after the year is over Baron Davis will be gone. Monta is our next point guard, for better or for worse, but anyone who's been paying special attention to the kid's game can see that he has all the tools to play the 1 in this league. Baron's 17 mill comes off the book and Ellis steps in for him. The contract situation has actually played out perfectly and we have a lot to work with in that department.

Yeah. Monta is basically a more athletic Tony Parker. I would trade Baron for someone like Marion straight up if I had the chance.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#99 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:33 am

You don't catch on very quick do you?
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#100 » by And 1 Amare » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:36 am

KyleCleric wrote:It is premature to talk about the Warriors young players as a potential dynasty. In terms of playing in the NBA, Biedrins has shown himself to be a solid center, good rebounder, shot blocker, and defender, adding a little bit of offense. Monta Ellis has been absolutely terrific the past two seasons and looks to be a good young star going into the future. The other three, Marco Belinelli, Anthony Randolph, and Brandan Wright have done little of any note in the NBA. We do not know how good they currently can play and we do not know how good they will be in the future. We do know that they were all terrific players at the last level. We know they all have the potential to be special. The argument that these players aren’t worth discussing in the NBA atmosphere because they have not had that opportunity yet is lame and plainly ignorant and wrong. Bayless and Oden will play in the NBA this next season and be successful. I’m fairly sure Randolph will be much slower in his progress, but Wright or Belinelli could break out this season. You shouldn’t count out the effect of these players just because their past play isn’t in the NBA.

Wow man I love you, and i'm not being sarcastic either. I love how you're straight up and not an 'anti-team' type of person. haha. You actually give respect to teams instead of making posts like "LOL @ the Warriors (inserts laughing emotion)".

EDIT: LOL my bad dude (NOKGAI). I was making posts and didn't check to see if there were any new ones. Didn't see your warnings. This is the first time i've gotten a warning so my bad, I won't do it again.

EDIT EDIT: Seems like this thread is useless now. Everyone's saying the same thing. The OP's post can't really be defended since most of the players he's mentioned haven't even played that much yet. All the non-warriors fans are just making a bunch of "LOL @ that post, the warriors suck they have no future, make the playoffs first, omg i lol'd so hard" type of posts. And the knowledgeable non warrior fans have just been repeating each others posts (even though they made really good points

The only thing that can be added on to this thread would be a bunch more ""LOL @ that post, the warriors suck they have no future, make the playoffs first, omg i lol'd so hard" type of posts and a bunch of 'whiny' Warriors fans like me backing the OP up.

Return to The General Board