NBA Finals Game 7, what scenario would you rather have?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

NBA Finals Game 7, what scenario would you rather have? Scenario #1 or #2

Scenario #1 [You are the Home Team and your team is down by 10 at the half]
96%
Scenario #2 [You are the Road Team and your team is down by 5 with 12 minutes exactly to play.] (basically the 4th qtr)
4%

Total votes: 25

JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,314

Post#1 » by JordansBulls » Mon Jul 7, 2008 1:40 am

Scenario #1
You are the Home Team and your team is down by 10 at the half

Scenario #2
You are the Road Team and your team is down by 5 with 12 minutes exactly to play. (basically the 4th qtr)
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
MiaFLSurf
RealGM
And1: 2,551

Re: NBA Finals Game 7, what scenario would you rather have? 

Post#2 » by MiaFLSurf » Mon Jul 7, 2008 1:44 am

I mean, youre losing in both scenarios - Id take the Home scenario.. Its only 2-3 possessions more behind with 12 minutes and a home crowd.

Now if you asked about being tied at the end of the 3rd and being the away team, I might pick that one.
raptor21_85
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#3 » by raptor21_85 » Mon Jul 7, 2008 2:14 am

Scenario 1
Home Court Advantage,
It's Game Seven, so there's nothin left to lose if you lose this game because you it's elimination game
so you got the crowd, motivation, and it's just 10 points down at half, so it's 24 minutes left to play
Kakish
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Kakish » Mon Jul 7, 2008 5:37 am

Easily the 1st Scenario.
BlazertheGreek
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#5 » by BlazertheGreek » Mon Jul 7, 2008 7:29 am

I would rather be the home team down by 10, especially in the playoffs. There is just something about being at home and having the fans behind the team.
ThaRegul8r
Head Coach
And1: 3,019

Post#6 » by ThaRegul8r » Mon Jul 7, 2008 8:56 pm

Down by 10 at home. You're at home, you've got the fans behind you, and you've got the entire second half to turn things around.
Proballer
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#7 » by Proballer » Mon Jul 7, 2008 9:10 pm

Looks like I'm the only one to pick the second scenario.

Leading by 10 at halftime on the road isn't necessarily a good thing. Having a 10 pt lead is a lil' bit early on the road for a decisive game. The home team has plenty of time to react, whereas being behind by 5 in the 4th quarter, you can still surprise your opponent, you're just 2 possesions away, and if you can tie the game in the 4th quarter, then the home team can feel the pressure with the time running out, the home team feels each error can be decisive, and it can paralyze them.

So I definitely pick the 2nd scenario...
ThaRegul8r
Head Coach
And1: 3,019

Post#8 » by ThaRegul8r » Mon Jul 7, 2008 10:28 pm

Proballer wrote:Looks like I'm the only one to pick the second scenario.

Leading by 10 at halftime on the road isn't necessarily a good thing. Having a 10 pt lead is a lil' bit early on the road for a decisive game. The home team has plenty of time to react

Speaking for myself, that's why I chose the first scenario. If you're the home team and down by 10 at the half, you still have plenty of time to react—you have the entire second half. I dunno from your post if you realize in the first scenario you're the home team, and in the second scenario you're the road team. You're not the road team in both scenarios.
I remember your posts from the RPOY project, you consistently brought it. Please continue to do so, sir. This board needs guys like you to counteract ... worthless posters

Retirement isn’t the end of the road, but just a turn in the road. – Unknown
Canada_7
General Manager
And1: 2,486

Post#9 » by Canada_7 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 12:16 am

I'd pick Scenario #1. You have the home crowd behind you, and even though you are down more points in Scenario #1 than Scenario #2, you have more time to make up for the deficient. You could still be down going into the 4th, but atleast you still have some time and a whole quarter to play. Scenario #2 the deficient is only 5 points but the pressure is on you as everything is against you.

Then again, you could say that the extra time could possibly cause you to make you lose the lead again (that is if you get the lead but can't hold onto it long enough because you used a lot of energy to get your team back into the game). Possibly, Scenario #2 might also be taken in a way that there is actually LESS pressure as you don't have to fear the crowd getting on you for losing ground to the road team and using that as a motivational push. I guess for most people the factor of having the crowd behind you is huge because there's just something about the crowd being on your side that gives you that extra push.
RapsGM
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#10 » by RapsGM » Tue Jul 8, 2008 1:46 am

Scenario 1 because the crowd is your sixth player and 10 points is really nothing.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,749

Post#11 » by meatball sub » Tue Jul 8, 2008 3:35 am

Scenario 1, since the Celts could easily be up by 10 heading into the fourth after being down 10 at the half with the way they play third quarters at home.
HumbleBumbleBee
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#12 » by HumbleBumbleBee » Tue Jul 8, 2008 4:44 am

the first option...there's probably no better feeling than playing with everything on the line in your house

Return to The General Board