Elton Brand Agrees To Terms W/Philadephia

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Re: Brand To Philadelphia 

Post#21 » by Blame Rasho » Wed Jul 9, 2008 12:54 am

rsavaj wrote:LAC still has a bunch of cap space to make a run at Josh Smith.

Well Golden State still has alot of money to offer as well, and you got to believe they would make a bigger offer than whatever LAC would give, given that they acquired their star point guard this offseason.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,756

Re: Elton Brand Agrees To Terms W/Philadephia 

Post#22 » by Sixersftw » Wed Jul 9, 2008 12:55 am

well apparently the clippers tried to dupe him out of cash. they told him they could only offer so much. when we ponyed up more cash all of a sudden the clippers could offer more money too. the guy apparently felt slighted.
Jonathan Watters
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#23 » by Jonathan Watters » Wed Jul 9, 2008 12:55 am

My goodness just what the doctor ordered for Philly. They are ATHLETIC!!!!!
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,430

Post#24 » by Roscoe Sheed » Wed Jul 9, 2008 12:58 am

Flash3 wrote:
Bucky O'Hare wrote:Looks like it's pretty much a done deal.

Philly just leap-frogged Detroit, Atlanta, and Orlando and is now the clear-cut #2 team in the East.
That's what people say year after year abotu Detroit, but they continue to do well....

And, where in the world did Atlanta come into your discussion from, and the #2 seed? :rofl:

exactly

everybody loves to degrade the Pistons
conleyorbust
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#25 » by conleyorbust » Wed Jul 9, 2008 12:59 am

rsavaj wrote:LAC still has a bunch of cap space to make a run at Josh Smith.

Yeah but they run the risk of ATL matching whereas they thought they had a sure thing with Brand. Smith and Oka look like the two targets. They might have a better shot at prying Okafor away.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,677

Post#26 » by SOUL » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:00 am

Just like the JO signing people are going to overreact.. OMG THEY'RE NUMBER 2 SEED NOW! Now Brand is a great signing.. but just wait until the FA is over and the preseason starts.. ull get a better grip
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 65

Post#27 » by loflin3hree5ive » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:01 am

LA Times hates the Clippers and I have a hard time coming with a reason why they would be the only source that knows Elton's business if he's signing with a team on the other side of the country.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#28 » by celticfan42487 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:02 am

Holy shitznit!

[good news for me because it means more cap players are off the board making less options for Magette and ORL is off the board so that leaves him going to SA and hopefully Posey back to BOS]

But holy ****.

Andre Miller
Iggy
Young?
Brand
Dalembert

No way. Little lacking overall but Brand is 28 years old and he went for his last big contract coming off his first serious injury of his career, no hate on that. It's LA who'd just assume he'd sacrafice everything then.

They're right up there with ORL,CLE,TOR now. Given another year together and a perimiter shooter and they're going to be great to watch. Iggy should be locked up soon....

Josh Smith would be perfect for GS if they continue to play the way they have been. He was made for transition basketball and now GS is the franchise with the most money to offer.
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#29 » by And 1 Amare » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:04 am

Why would you guys lose respect for Elton Brand? You seriously think that it would have been a good decision for him to take a $20million paycut just for a damn pipe dream? That's what Baron Davis gets, now he's stuck with a bunch of nobodies; he tells GS that he's gonna stay a Warrior, then he ditches us and expects Elton Brand to be a 'man of his word' as well? LOL.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHVPEFam_Og
| Monta Ellis | Marco Belinelli | Anthony Randolph | Brandan Wright | Andris Biedrins |
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,447

Post#30 » by CBS7 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:06 am

Would be interesting if Iguodala goes to the Warriors.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,430

Post#31 » by Roscoe Sheed » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:07 am

Hopefully the LA Times is wrong
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#32 » by rsavaj » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:08 am

Well, maybe LAC should try to return the favor and throw money at Iguodala. There's still a good group out there(Josh Smith, Emeka Okafor, Luol Deng, Ben Gordon, Monta Ellis, Andris Biedrins, Josh Childress) that they need to pursue HARD so that this offseason doesn't suck for them.
barkley34
Veteran

Post#33 » by barkley34 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:09 am

rsavaj wrote:Well, maybe LAC should try to return the favor and throw money at Iguodala.

We'll match any offer for Iggy. Comcast has deep pockets.
vwc228
Freshman

Post#34 » by vwc228 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:10 am

correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it brand that said a little while ago that he liked what he saw in Boston's superstars - each giving up something on an individual level in order to create a strong team?!?!
JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#35 » by JoshB914 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:10 am

Did LAC actually end up offering EB more money after their initial offer? Or did they simple refuse to go past their initial deal?
celticfan42487
RealGM

Post#36 » by celticfan42487 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:11 am

Yup Brand was left unclaimed to pull this off. They tried to cheat the cap and ended up getting burned.

Iggy is restricted.
eagles nut
Analyst
And1: 266

Post#37 » by eagles nut » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:11 am

You all realize that Baron Davis hasn't officially signed anything with the Clippers yet, don't you? Does this cause him to go back to Golden State? Does this mean the Clippers re-sign Maggette?
GuyverX
Head Coach
And1: 4,187

Post#38 » by GuyverX » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:12 am

rsavaj wrote:Well, maybe LAC should try to return the favor and throw money at Iguodala. There's still a good group out there(Josh Smith, Emeka Okafor, Luol Deng, Ben Gordon, Monta Ellis, Andris Biedrins, Josh Childress) that they need to pursue HARD so that this offseason doesn't suck for them.

We have a glaring hole at PF now. Really the only player I can really see them targeting is Okafor and he's no Elton Brand. Perhaps Josh Smith is worth a look to replace Brand but I'm just not really high on him.

vwc228 wrote:correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it brand that said a little while ago that he liked what he saw in Boston's superstars - each giving up something on an individual level in order to create a strong team?!?!

Yeah, and now the superstar is Andre Miller instead of Baron Davis and Dalembert instead of Kaman. The funny thing is that Brand and Miller already played with each other and that was a train wreck. :lol:

They don't even know if Iggy will be back next season yet either. Overall, I honestly don't think the Sixers are a better team than the Clippers. Brand just wanted to go east where it's easier to get wins instead of having a dogfight for 5-8 seed in the west with 50+ wins.
celticfan42487
RealGM

Post#39 » by celticfan42487 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:12 am

He agreed verbally to sign with them. I think precedent set means that agreement is honored. If not then wouldn't LAC just up their offer to match PHIL and not sign Baron Davis?
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#40 » by halfHAVOC » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:14 am

DRE - IGGY - THAD - ELTON - DALLY

son

hes mad smart , MORE MONEY + BETTER CHANCES AT CHIP!

east is weaker than the west in depth so you have a better chances of getting to the finals, wow but i feel bad for baron , but iono they could be better than gsw because kaman is nice ppl needa start recognizin, well see what they get at the PF position for replacement.
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY

Return to The General Board