Elton Brand Agrees To Terms W/Philadephia

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,938

Re: Elton Brand Agrees To Terms W/Philadephia 

Post#61 » by Anticon » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:47 am

Clippers should just forget about Davis and start re-building. Make a run at Deng or Okafor and start collecting draft picks.

Baron can take his raggedy ass back to the Warriors or somewhere else for the MLE.

And if the Warriors signed Magette for 10 a year, that's officially stupid as hell.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#62 » by cdubbz » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:48 am

Rampage wrote:
Batronuj wrote:You're mad at Boozer and Brand for wanting to support their family for longer? Cry about it.

Yeah, you can't support a family for long on $70 million plus all the millions you've already made. You need that extra $12 to make sure they don't starve down the line.

Its easy to say when its not you. If you were offered say $50 million or $70 million i think 95% of people will choose the extra $20 millon dollars. Sure you might have a better chance and you gave your word to the team offering $50 million, but someone is offering you $20 million more dollars to play A GAME! Think about it...
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,595

Re: Brand To Philadelphia 

Post#63 » by sixerswillrule » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:50 am

AgEnT50 wrote:
Bucky O'Hare wrote:Looks like it's pretty much a done deal.

Philly just leap-frogged Detroit, Atlanta, and Orlando and is now the clear-cut #2 team in the East.

Atlanta ? yes....Detroit & Orlando? no....they are not even better than Toronto at this point

We pushed a Detroit team to a six game series with a 19 year old SF and a player who should at best be a 10 MPG backup at PF. That has been replaced with an all-star 20/10 player in Elton Brand. I wouldn't say clear cut #2, but we are definitely up there. I guarantee a win total no less than 47, with it very possibly being in the 50-52 range.
Cro_Ruption
Sixth Man
And1: 93

Post#64 » by Cro_Ruption » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:52 am

one less team the blazers have to worry bout in the west.. whewww
SharoneWright wrote:I would not trade Bargs for Roy.

Monster or no.

i said it. And I live in a flame retardent suit.
AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Re: Brand To Philadelphia 

Post#65 » by AgEnT50 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:52 am

sixerswillrule wrote:
AgEnT50 wrote:
Bucky O'Hare wrote:Looks like it's pretty much a done deal.

Philly just leap-frogged Detroit, Atlanta, and Orlando and is now the clear-cut #2 team in the East.

Atlanta ? yes....Detroit & Orlando? no....they are not even better than Toronto at this point

We pushed a Detroit team to a six game series with a 19 year old SF and a player who should at best be a 10 MPG backup at PF. That has been replaced with an all-star 20/10 player in Elton Brand. I wouldn't say clear cut #2, but we are definitely up there. I guarantee a win total no less than 47, with it very possibly being in the 50-52 range.

Top 5 yes....# 2? Hell no

As I see it right now

Boston
Detroit
Orlando/Cleveland
Philly/Toronto/Washington
Atlanta
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#66 » by 5DOM » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:52 am

clippers should offer expensive contracts to every restricted free agent, and let the other teams match and overpay. that's probably the biggest fun they'll have for quite some time.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#67 » by Ballings7 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:54 am

I'm quite happy for Philadelphia, Brand will be an awesome addition

He is just the big man, scoring presence that they needed - they have quite a team now.

What a job Philly has done in rebuilding. The last year they've had since AI has been gone (in being a competitive, pretty solid team) in experience, development, and confidence gain is going to mean even more now.

Clippers still have a decent team, but not like what they would of been with Brand back.

Kind of surprising about Brand though considering the total situation he had with LAC was very good and promising.
Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,938

Post#68 » by Anticon » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:56 am

cdubbz wrote:Its easy to say when its not you. If you were offered say $50 million or $70 million i think 95% of people will choose the extra $20 millon dollars. Sure you might have a better chance and you gave your word to the team offering $50 million, but someone is offering you $20 million more dollars to play A GAME! Think about it...

Yeah, but Brand has been a loser his entire career; in Chicago and in L.A. He's made plenty of money, so winning is probably more important to him.

Honestly, he's been to the playoffs what, once? That has to weigh on a guy as good as him.
Hood President
Senior
And1: 18

Post#69 » by Hood President » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:56 am

yall can say the B.S about josh smith not being a good fit in clippers but i dont care and im pretty sure smith dont wanna go to the clippers.

hes staying in the ATL baby.. [pharrels voice] "yessir".
Twitter.com/Hood_President Follow Me!!!!!
Bucky O'Hare
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#70 » by Bucky O'Hare » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:05 am

Philly is the clear-cut #2 team in the East. Detroit's ship has sailed. Orlando still has too many holes. Ditto for Toroto.

Philly just picked up the best power forward in the East to add to a team that played like a 50-win club post-All-Star break.

I understand Detroit ad Orlando fans being nervous. Philly will win 55 games next season.
Storm Surge
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#71 » by Storm Surge » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:06 am

sucks for LA, sorta wonder about Brand's character if in fact he said that he was going to resign, and that he wanted the Clippers to get help, which they did.

Glad for the Rockets that he's going east though.
Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#72 » by Tha King » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:09 am

If this is legit this makes them top 5. Now they need to add a shooter.

Thad Young is key here though. If he continues to develop at a rapid rate I see them being top 3 in the east. If he can make the same type of jump Gay, Roy, and Aldridge had (as a player not statistically) last season they will be ridiculous. Which I believe may be reality seeing they way he started the season and the way he finished.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#73 » by princeofpalace » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:18 am

Bucky O'Hare wrote:Philly is the clear-cut #2 team in the East. Detroit's ship has sailed. Orlando still has too many holes. Ditto for Toroto.

Philly just picked up the best power forward in the East to add to a team that played like a 50-win club post-All-Star break.

I understand Detroit ad Orlando fans being nervous. Philly will win 55 games next season.

Oh yes, my favorite Detroit is on the decline offseason argument that has been going on for the past 3 years. Phili got one very good player but their problem is, is that Brand is the only very good player on the roster. Andre Miller is average, Igoudala is good- not a star but definately an above average swingman. Thad Young has the potential to be very good but hes not there yet and Dalembert has no bball IQ. Phili also has no shooting whatsoever. Phili just improved themselv from a 35 win team to a 43 win team they could be as good as Washington and Orlando but that remains to be seen. Heck- Miami could be as good if not better than the Sixers.
GreenWithEnvy
Analyst
And1: 163

Post#74 » by GreenWithEnvy » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:18 am

watch out boston! its a great day to be a sixer fan! omg can't wait for the season to tip off!!!!!!!!!!
Willie Green Is The Man!
LakerFanMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#75 » by LakerFanMan » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:19 am

Damn nice for the Sixers, really really sucks for the Clips. Davis, Thorton, Brand, Kaman would have given them a nasty lineup.

Oh what could have been....
kombayn
Assistant Coach
And1: 746

Post#76 » by kombayn » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:22 am

Elton Brand is a douche. I'm glad he left, now the Clippers have to push HARD for Josh Smith but I think it's possible to offer him a 5-year, $70 million deal and the Hawks won't be able to match. That'd be my dream come true or trading cap-space for Rasheed Wallace or Lamar Odom would work just as well.
celticdave
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#77 » by celticdave » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:26 am

Bucky O'Hare wrote:Philly is the clear-cut #2 team in the East. Detroit's ship has sailed. Orlando still has too many holes. Ditto for Toroto.

Congrats sixers. Looking forward to the Celts/Sixers battles just like the good old days

-Best power forward in the east is still KG though
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#78 » by hsb » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:26 am

Philly just picked up the best power forward in the East
to add to a team that played like a 50-win club post-All-Star break.

Great pick up by the Sixers. He should be great with Sammy D, as long as he stays healthy.

But no, Garnett and Bosh are both better than Brand at this point. He's the third best PF in the Atlantic.
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
kdot99
Veteran
And1: 212

Post#79 » by kdot99 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:27 am

I missed the part where Elton Brand became better than KG.
Captain_Morgan
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#80 » by Captain_Morgan » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:28 am

Philly's starting lineup looks solid now. They will be a Top 5 team in the East for sure.
Yes We Can!

Return to The General Board