Elton Brand Agrees To Terms W/Philadephia

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

BballFanAddict
Analyst
And1: 36
Location: "The face of a child says a lot, especially the mouth part."

Re: Elton Brand Agrees To Terms W/Philadephia 

Post#81 » by BballFanAddict » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:35 am

Until I see something more definitive that this deal is actually done I will not even believe it. If it is true, then I feel bad for Clips fans, but happy for Mo Cheeks. Mo is a great guy. Hated seeing him go from the Blazers. (Love Nate now, but at the time missed Mo).

Here I thought the Blazers would be competing with GS or the Clips for a playoff spot; now it looks they will both be losers.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#82 » by Manocad » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:38 am

Bucky O'Hare wrote:Philly is the clear-cut #2 team in the East. Detroit's ship has sailed. Orlando still has too many holes. Ditto for Toroto.

Philly just picked up the best power forward in the East to add to a team that played like a 50-win club post-All-Star break.

I understand Detroit ad Orlando fans being nervous. Philly will win 55 games next season.

55 games? I think you're selling them short. They'll win like...ONE MILLION games.
fictionality
Junior
And1: 0

Post#83 » by fictionality » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:38 am

[quote="BballFanAddict"]Until I see something more definitive that this deal is actually done I will not even believe it. If it is true, then I feel bad for Clips fans, but happy for Mo Cheeks. Mo is a great guy. Hated seeing him go from the Blazers. (Love Nate now, but at the time missed Mo).

nba.com
raleigh
Head Coach
And1: 512

Post#84 » by raleigh » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:39 am

I missed the part where Elton Brand became better than KG.

When healthy, it's pretty close.
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#85 » by magicfan4life05 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:40 am

WOW

the signs were pointing to leaving LA

http://www.bergproperties.com/blog/bask ... elebrities
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#86 » by rsavaj » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:45 am

Cybulski37
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#87 » by Cybulski37 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:49 am

Bucky O'Hare wrote:Philly is the clear-cut #2 team in the East. Detroit's ship has sailed. Orlando still has too many holes. Ditto for Toroto.

Philly just picked up the best power forward in the East to add to a team that played like a 50-win club post-All-Star break.

I understand Detroit ad Orlando fans being nervous. Philly will win 55 games next season.

Cleveland? Even without a legit second option, Cleveland can beat any team that isn't elite, and the Sixers still aren't elite.
warriorfan650 wrote:Baron Davis = 2 All Star Games Played.
Jonathan Bender = 2 Games Played.

Owned!
CP3toDWest21
Ballboy

Post#88 » by CP3toDWest21 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:51 am

Baron Davis is a **** and he definitly deserved getting the smack in the face by Brand lol...he got PLAYED big time.
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,365

Post#89 » by Bank Shot » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:57 am

That's a heck of a defensive frontcourt. Some awful shooting but I'm sure Brand is used to that considering what the Clips' outside shooters were like. That team is going to have some spacing issues.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#90 » by Ballings7 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:59 am

CP3toDWest21 wrote:Baron Davis is a **** and he definitly deserved getting the smack in the face by Brand lol...he got PLAYED big time.

Yeah, Elton's basketball, money, and family factors "played" Baron Davis.

I think you're looking into it too much, and may still be bitter from whatever went on with Baron as a Hornet.

Baron already said he understands Elton has to do what he has to do.

The actuality has just been completed with Brand/Baron.

Bank Shot wrote:That's a heck of a defensive frontcourt. Some awful shooting but I'm sure Brand is used to that considering what the Clips' outside shooters were like. That team is going to have some spacing issues.

Yeah, that's where they have to improve, and get a reliable shooter at SG.
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#91 » by RTM » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:04 am

If Philly improves their 3 pt shooting, they're going to be real good.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#92 » by Ballings7 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:13 am

Brand
Dalembert
Evans
Young
Iguodala

Can you say defense, rebounding, agility, and toughness galore? Damn, that's one hell of a group up front. Plus Andre Miller at PG (rebounding, size).

They're going to be even more fun to watch.
sabi
Lead Assistant
And1: 27

Post#93 » by sabi » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:17 am

I like this Philly team...
raptor21_85
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#94 » by raptor21_85 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:20 am

A New Rivalry beggins... hey Sixers here we come!!!
;)
GuyverX
Head Coach
And1: 4,187

Post#95 » by GuyverX » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:21 am

Ballings7 wrote:Brand
Dalembert
Evans
Young
Iguodala

Can you say defense, rebounding, agility, and toughness galore? Damn, that's one hell of a group up front. Plus Andre Miller at PG (rebounding, size).

They're going to be even more fun to watch.

I don't think the Brand/Miller combo is going to work out to well. I've seen it before for a whole season. Of course, Brand's game was still a bit raw compared to now but the Sixers would really have to surround these two with good long range shooters. I don't know if Iguodala has improved his 3-pt shot since I saw him last but that's probably not enough. Korver would've fit in well if they still had him. They'll make the playoffs in the east of course because of the lesser competition.
AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#96 » by AgEnT50 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:22 am

Oh my lol. . . .where to start

So since when is Elton Brand better than K.G? Or even Chris Bosh for that matter???

Yes I'm sure Dwight Howard & company are shaking in their boots down here in the Magic kingdom lol

55 games??? woooow! I'll believe that one when I see it! Brand has to play 55 games first
eatyourchildren
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#97 » by eatyourchildren » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:27 am

I for one think this makes Philly better than Orlando. Brand throws up TD-type numbers consistently when healthy, miller is a smart PG, and iguodala is an athletic wing. The only player who is going to get measurably better in ORL is Dwight. That Rashard signing makes them stay put for a long time. Think about all the guys that they could be throwing money at this summer if they had that 118 mil back?
ugkfan2681" wrote: wrote: i dont take **** lightly im from the land of the trill home of the rockets RESPECT OK.
Victorious
Junior

Post#98 » by Victorious » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:53 am

AgEnT50 wrote:

Oh my lol. . . .where to start

So since when is Elton Brand better than K.G? Or even Chris Bosh for that matter???

Yes I'm sure Dwight Howard & company are shaking in their boots down here in the Magic kingdom lol

55 games??? woooow! I'll believe that one when I see it! Brand has to play 55 games first

What a fool... #2 in the EAST? funny. anyways i agree i dont think the top 3 teams in the east last year are exactly shaking over this move. yes, obviously sixers get better but c'mon now lets not be stupid. Celts, Pistons, Magic and even Raps are still better. Pistons have best starting five, Celts just won a title and have best trio in the east Magic got BETTEER with Pietrus being added to an even better Howard, a solid Raw Lewis, a MIP Turk and yes Battie and Brian Cook healthy again strengthening rebounding and interior. Not to mention one more addition yet to be made at PG or PF and possible trade of JJ. Raps got Bosh, Calderon etc. So top 4-5 def for sixers IF they mesh. Brand is no God and Clippers had a better team than sixers have and theyve done crap with him. Theyll be lucky if they get 50 wins.
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,314

Post#99 » by JordansBulls » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:21 am

Deja vu of the Celtics vs Sixers in the 80's.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#100 » by GameTime_3 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:46 am

Wow great deal for Philly but Andre miller is a horrible PG for Brand. They will have one of the best defensive front lines in the nba.

Return to The General Board