Turiaf signs with Warriors

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Re: Turiaf signs with Warriors 

Post#61 » by semi-sentient » Wed Jul 9, 2008 6:54 pm

Basileus777 wrote:Turiaf isn't a good defender, he just blocks shots or fouls. And he isn't a good rebounder either. He's just a decent hustle guy. He's a good locker room guy and a nice story, but he isn't a very good player. He's not worth 4 mil a year.

Thank you.

Turiaf is somewhat overrated on the defensive end. The fact that he is constantly in foul trouble makes it quite apparent that he isn't a very good defender. Put me in the middle and let me jump at everything and I'm bound to get a few blocked shots as well...
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
eatyourchildren
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#62 » by eatyourchildren » Wed Jul 9, 2008 6:59 pm

semi-sentient wrote:
Basileus777 wrote:Turiaf isn't a good defender, he just blocks shots or fouls. And he isn't a good rebounder either. He's just a decent hustle guy. He's a good locker room guy and a nice story, but he isn't a very good player. He's not worth 4 mil a year.

Thank you.

Turiaf is somewhat overrated on the defensive end. The fact that he is constantly in foul trouble makes it quite apparent that he isn't a very good defender. Put me in the middle and let me jump at everything and I'm bound to get a few blocked shots as well...

I don't know if that kind of reasoning is apt for the labels/conclusions you want to give. Turiaf is a decent defender, and not a good rebounder. He's a decent shotblocker too.
He's gotten quite a few blocks on hustle plays, not on account just jumping at everything.

Also, his foul trouble isn't the indication of him as a defender. If anything, a bigman's role off the bench is precisely to use his fouls.
ugkfan2681" wrote: wrote: i dont take **** lightly im from the land of the trill home of the rockets RESPECT OK.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#63 » by LLcoleJ » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:28 am

link

Kupchak said Wednesday that he has not received by fax or registered mail notification that Turiaf, a restricted free agent, has signed with another team.

"A lot of times where there's smoke, there's fire and I don't know if that's the case here," Kupchak said Wednesday

"I'm aware of the rumors, but my understanding of the process is that we have to be notified with a document, and there's been no document or notification — written or verbally."
Cheers. :beer: — Mags

Return to The General Board