Malice At The Palace: WNBA Edition

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,697

Re: Malice At The Palace: WNBA Edition 

Post#121 » by nitetrain8603 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:05 pm

leevii wrote:
Tirion wrote:That was not my point. I don't judge Mahorn for pushing her, if some chick was trying to hit me I would have reacted as well. But are those detroit fans blind or what? Mahorn got in a phisical alterication with a woman. He's one of the dirtiest players to ever play in the NBA. Those are facts. Now what conclusions do you want to make out of this facts is up to you, but just blindly ignore them is dumb.

Funny that you use the words blind, dumb, and "blindly ignore"... since you clearly have blind hate for Mahorn, are making dumb accusations while blindly ignoring what happened on tape. General consensus is that Leslie was trying to attack Mahorn, Mahorn tried to stop her, Leslie did a Ginobili to blow it out of proportion.The refs throughout this game could be classified as clinically (Please Use More Appropriate Word) (to put lightly) and in the incident resorted to reverse sexism (OMG!!! Woman fall!!! Man push woman!!!!). Some PMSing player even judo-chopped Mahorn in the back of his head, if Mahorn was hell-bent on altercation he would've punted the scrawny clown out of the building.

And as for your "classless" post, great class on your part.

[quote=Bill Walton]THROW IT DOWN BIG MAN, THROW IT DOWN![/quote]
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#122 » by Tirion » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:08 pm

leevii wrote:
Tirion wrote:That was not my point. I don't judge Mahorn for pushing her, if some chick was trying to hit me I would have reacted as well. But are those detroit fans blind or what? Mahorn got in a phisical alterication with a woman. He's one of the dirtiest players to ever play in the NBA. Those are facts. Now what conclusions do you want to make out of this facts is up to you, but just blindly ignore them is dumb.

Funny that you use the words blind, dumb, and "blindly ignore"... since you clearly have blind hate for Mahorn, are making dumb accusations while blindly ignoring what happened on tape. General consensus is that Leslie was trying to attack Mahorn, Mahorn tried to stop her, Leslie did a Ginobili to blow it out of proportion.The refs throughout this game could be classified as clinically (Please Use More Appropriate Word) (to put lightly) and in the incident resorted to reverse sexism (OMG!!! Woman fall!!! Man push woman!!!!). Some PMSing player even judo-chopped Mahorn in the back of his head, if Mahorn was hell-bent on altercation he would've punted the scrawny clown out of the building.

And as for your "classless" post, great class on your part.

Another classless joke. Keep'em coming.
GreenWithEnvy
Analyst
And1: 163

Post#123 » by GreenWithEnvy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:10 pm

its official they gotta change the name from the Palace to the Octagon.
Willie Green Is The Man!
Rasheed36
Senior
And1: 2

Post#124 » by Rasheed36 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:14 pm

Honestly you kids got excited over this. I read some of this and expected a real or at least a half decent fight. All I saw is a push and some whining. Am I missing the extended version or something?
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#125 » by RTM » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:21 pm

Tirion, you need to step off your high horse and stop messing with Detroit fans. If we're half as bas as you insinuate, you're in REAL trouble pal.
leevii
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#126 » by leevii » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:29 pm

RTM wrote:Tirion, you need to step off your high horse and stop messing with Detroit fans. If we're half as bas as you insinuate, you're in REAL trouble pal.

Tirion is just jealous that Rockin Rick has been way more successful than his entire franchise (T'Wolves).
AnSweR07 wrote:I'll go Roy, slightly ahead of Wade.
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#127 » by Tirion » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:36 pm

RTM wrote:Tirion, you need to step off your high horse and stop messing with Detroit fans. If we're half as bas as you insinuate, you're in REAL trouble pal.

what, you're gonna throw a beer cup at me? :lol:
famadihana
Junior
And1: 78

Post#128 » by famadihana » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:37 pm

Kno wrote:
Straight from teh broadcast buddy:

"At the top left corner of the screen Jones hit Mahorn on the back because he pushed Lisa Leslie then Leslie crashed to the floor".

"I saw it live though. He (Mahorn) gave Lisa a push to try and get her away and Lisa went crashing backwards and hit the deck on her back"

"We dont have it on camera but I clearly saw it live.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8byDuffK-BY

Straight from the broadcast buddy. And from the commentator that actually saw the "push" no less.

"Pam, I saw the Rick Mahorn and Lisa Leslie interaction right in front of me. I think he was trying to walk her away, I don't think at all that he was trying to push her, I think she lost her balance and fell down. Milton only saw the end of it... but honestly he did not push his arms out, it looked like he was just trying to walk her away and keep this thing from escelating even more."

"That's what I thought Rebecca."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uhnxUbUi_nM
Cal_Hoops
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#129 » by Cal_Hoops » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:12 pm

nitetrain8603 wrote:Mahorn didn't push Leslie down. Mahorn was trying to seperate players. In fact, Leslie was swinging after I watched the replays on ESPNews. So if Mahorn gets in trouble for this, Leslie needs to get in double trouble.

And Candace instigated this whole thing from what it seems like. She got a rebound and a player off the Shock just gave her a normal hard foul. She was pissed for whatever reason and started jawing and then was ready to fight until Leslie pulled her back and talked to her. She missed both free throws, LA gets the rebound and makes those two. Then the Shock player is running up the court and Candace just slows down, the Shock player doesn't at all and she just runs over Parker. Then the whole melee happened.

Agreed. I think Candace was trying to instigate a fight all along. The other thing you didn't mention was that right after the Sparks player made the second free throw, Pierson (Detroit player) was trying to box out Candace. When the second FT went in, Candace turned around to go back to her side of the court and slightly hooked Pierson with her right hand, causing Pierson to go down to the floor. That's what pissed off Pierson causing her to run straight at Candace and starting the whole thing. No doubt Candace Parker is stronger than most of those other players to be able to do what she did.
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#130 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:27 pm

It would of been better if female fans started coming on the court fighting too. :lol:
RTM
RealGM

Post#131 » by RTM » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:49 pm

Tirion wrote:

what, you're gonna throw a beer cup at me? :lol:

How clever!
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#132 » by Guy986 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:50 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi12Lgha5kY

Got to 1:04 and you can clearly see Mahorn extended his arms toward Lisa Leslie and as a result Lisa fell on her butt. Was it a light shove? Yes. But it was a shove nevertheless. He should've never laid a hand on an opposing player. Its just stupid.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,798

Post#133 » by meatball sub » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:01 pm

The WNBA says they don't want this kind of publicity, but hey, the brawl got me to:

1. Not change the channel when WNBA highlights came on.

and

2. Not mute the television when Doris Burke was speaking.

This is way more marketable than those lame-ass commercials where the girls say what everybody thinks about the WNBA with pissed off looks on their faces. They should have fights at least once per game at random to keep me tuned in for longer than "Dammit, the WNBA is on... *click*". I might watch when I'm really, really, really **** up and there's nothing better to watch on TV if this happened since it's waaaaay more entertaining than anything they do on the court.

They're much better athletes than I am, no doubt, but that doesn't change the fact that it's boring as **** to watch. The players are good enough to not make it hysterical to watch all the time while not being good enough to make me impressed by anything they do. The WNBA has done a bang-up job of selling a mediocre product, IMO.
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24

Post#134 » by kno » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:06 pm

Do you guys seriously not see the push? I have no reason to be biased or whatever you guys are accusing me of.

The push was clearly visible in the live broadcast (not the replays).

Here's a video of it. Clearly visible at 15sec:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qHO3MPNR760

Why would Leslie's teammates react as they did after they saw the incident (2 feet way from them)? Not only the one that then hit Mahorn in the back, but the three others that came running from the bench?

What I see is Mahorn coming into the pile, and encountering a shoving Lisa, who is trying to get past him (12-13 second mark in the video). After a second of doing so, he walks toward Leslie with his hands against her, which cause them to move away from the pile seen on camera. Once "out of the pile", Mahorn then puts both hands on her, and pushes her back.

Its simple physics. If Leslie wouldve slipped, her body's momentum wouldntve caused her arms to be in the air like they were, she wouldve had different leg positioning, and lastly, she wouldntve been backpedaling as she was.

But I guess im being "too dramatic". I guess im seeing something that never happened.

Funny enough, the photographer's professional-grade camera's seemed to see something that didnt happen either, right?

I mean, from this picture, Leslie's body language obviously signals a slip, Mahorns face totally expresses a sense of peacemaking, Mahorn's hand position gives a sense of no wrongdoing, and the people around Mahorn are unjustifiably reacting to his actions, right?

Yep. I guess im wrong. This picture reeks of Leslie slip and no Mahorn wrongdoing.

vwc228
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#135 » by vwc228 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:18 pm

wow...mahorn really looks like a peace maker.

when you're someone who has based his whole reputation on being a dirty player, you really shouldn't complain when people don't give you the benefit of the doubt.
N1QUE24
Banned User
And1: 288

Post#136 » by N1QUE24 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:29 pm

KNO JUST EFFIN OWNED YOU DAMN B00NS.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
RTM
RealGM

Post#137 » by RTM » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:38 pm

How did he own anyone? He took a picture to blurry to see and made an outline of Mahorn pushing, when there's nothing that really PROVES it.

Cooper didn't accuse him, the newscast didn't accuse him, Lambieer didn't accuse him... That's enough for me.

His ejection was valid though, anyone involved in any way should be sent off the court, even if it is in a peacemaker role.
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#138 » by Guy986 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:43 pm

Look at the video. He did shove her. I believe his intention was to break up the fight. Maybe that shove was accidental or he misjudged his strength but he still ended up putting Lisa Leslie on the floor. I think he needs to be reprimanded.
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24

Post#139 » by kno » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:44 pm

RTM wrote:How did he own anyone? He took a picture to blurry to see and made an outline of Mahorn pushing, when there's nothing that really PROVES it.

Cooper didn't accuse him, the newscast didn't accuse him, Lambieer didn't accuse him... That's enough for me.

His ejection was valid though, anyone involved in any way should be sent off the court, even if it is in a peacemaker role.

Way to completely disregard what I said and the second picture in my post.

BTW, Kobe Bryant said refs werent a factor in some horribly officiated playoff series this year (both when teh Lakers won and lost games). Do you think he was truly saying the truth? Of course not. He knew what went on. Players/coaches/everyone simply says nothing wrong went on to save face.
RTM
RealGM

Post#140 » by RTM » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:52 pm

^Again, the second picture doesn't prove anything.

The way his arm is out he could have just as easily been using it to hold players back. I doubt his arm flails all the way out there as the result of a shove.

I'm just saying that there is no video or picture CLEARLY showing it, and that there are numerous contradicting accounts and nothing can be proven. He's innocent until PROVEN guilty.

Return to The General Board