Malice At The Palace: WNBA Edition

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

etopn23
Head Coach
And1: 160

Re: Malice At The Palace: WNBA Edition 

Post#141 » by etopn23 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:57 pm

K, based on this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=qHO3MPNR760

Mahorn obviously shoved Lesley down.
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24

Post#142 » by kno » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:59 pm

RTM wrote:
I'm just saying that there is no video or picture CLEARLY showing it, and that there are numerous contradicting accounts and nothing can be proven. He's innocent until PROVEN guilty.

The video and picture is clearly showing it to me, and many others on this board.

I guess its just a case of a Detroit resident not wanting to see what is actually there for whatever reason. The evidence is there. Youre just choosing to ignore it.

Guess I just wont respond to what you have to say from now on since you seem determined with your views on the incident. No evidence or anything else I bring up seems to sway your distorted views on it. I cant blame you though.
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#143 » by RTM » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:02 pm

I see her (Leslie) charge at him, and Mahorn make a movement to keep her from hitting him. It's not like he took a malicious swing at her, nor does it show him with the intent to push her.
GuyverX
Head Coach
And1: 4,204

Post#144 » by GuyverX » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:14 pm

Eh, Mahorn did shove Lesley away a few times but she was backpedaling during the last shove, lost her footing and slipped. He didn't try to knock her to the floor with a weak shove like that. If she didn't backpedal during the last shove, she wouldn't have landed on the floor.

Much ado about nothing. These players have been fouled a million times harder....it's being overblown because it's a man pushing a woman. I don't think it was very gentlemanly of him though. :lol:
What they should do is have an all-female coaching staff for the WNBA. Problem solved.
Bench Warmer
And1: 79

Post#145 » by 360 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:37 pm

I can't believe some of you think Candace started this. Ford is a dirty player and a sore loser. You don't rip the ball out of someone's hands well after the whistle in any league and expect someone not to take offense to it. And Pierson's bump at the freethrow line wasn't a typical box out it was a hit.

And Leslie wasn't trying to hit Mahorn. She was trying to get to Parker but Mahorn was pushing her back. I don't think he meant to push her down though.
Bench Warmer
And1: 79

Post#146 » by 360 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:39 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:LOL @ Candice Parker being "hot"..no, she really isn't..she's way too manly..

She has a pretty face, even without 10 layers of makeup. You can't say that for most of the girls I see some guys drooling over.
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#147 » by magicfan4life05 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:43 pm

Did anyone see that girl that attack Mahorn after the 'shove in question'
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,047

Post#148 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:48 pm

Alfred wrote:WOW! That's insane!

yea I couldnt believe it!

Who wouldve thought that many attended WNBA games
ambiglight
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#149 » by ambiglight » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:33 pm

Kno wrote:Do you guys seriously not see the push? I have no reason to be biased or whatever you guys are accusing me of.

The push was clearly visible in the live broadcast (not the replays).

Here's a video of it. Clearly visible at 15sec:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qHO3MPNR760

Why would Leslie's teammates react as they did after they saw the incident (2 feet way from them)? Not only the one that then hit Mahorn in the back, but the three others that came running from the bench?

What I see is Mahorn coming into the pile, and encountering a shoving Lisa, who is trying to get past him (12-13 second mark in the video). After a second of doing so, he walks toward Leslie with his hands against her, which cause them to move away from the pile seen on camera. Once "out of the pile", Mahorn then puts both hands on her, and pushes her back.

Its simple physics. If Leslie wouldve slipped, her body's momentum wouldntve caused her arms to be in the air like they were, she wouldve had different leg positioning, and lastly, she wouldntve been backpedaling as she was.

But I guess im being "too dramatic". I guess im seeing something that never happened.

Funny enough, the photographer's professional-grade camera's seemed to see something that didnt happen either, right?

I mean, from this picture, Leslie's body language obviously signals a slip, Mahorns face totally expresses a sense of peacemaking, Mahorn's hand position gives a sense of no wrongdoing, and the people around Mahorn are unjustifiably reacting to his actions, right?

Yep. I guess im wrong. This picture reeks of Leslie slip and no Mahorn wrongdoing.

You're seeing what you want to see. None of those pictures or illustrations definitively show anything but lisa making contact with mahorn and falling down subsequent to that. you cant tell whether she was hitting him/trying to get around him and simply bounced off of him and fell, or if he was trying grab her and she jerked away from him and fell, or if he in fact did as you suggest, straight shoved her to the ground.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt primarily because he was rather in control despite the fact that several of the women hit him, not out of self defense but simply out of anger. If he truly had some malicious intent it wasnt evident in the film, despite there being quite a bit of evidence that this was the case for the women involved...
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#150 » by Liqourish » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:12 am

If Mahorn wanted to attack one of the female players... they wouldn't have walked off the court.

She fell backwards after swinging away from him. If Mahorn shouldn't have touched an opposing player than where is the outrage at Michael Cooper for doing the same exact thing?

I particularly like the outlined picture. One question though... why can I see the floor decals through Mahorns "extended arms"?
Hit Em Up
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,778

Post#151 » by Hit Em Up » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:21 am

This wasn't the Malice at the Palace... This was the HO-DOWN IN MO-TOWN
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24

Post#152 » by kno » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:41 am

Liqourish wrote:
If Mahorn shouldn't have touched an opposing player than where is the outrage at Michael Cooper for doing the same exact thing?

Cooper didnt put both hands on a female player who subsequently fell on her ass, did he?

Liqourish wrote:
I particularly like the outlined picture. One question though... why can I see the floor decals through Mahorns "extended arms"?

Floor decals?

You mean the white suit cuffs he's wearing under his dark-blue colored suit? The ones that are clearly at an angle in the video still and are obviously showing in teh second picture in the post?
GuyverX
Head Coach
And1: 4,204

Post#153 » by GuyverX » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:43 am

Da_Drought_3 wrote:This wasn't the Malice at the Palace... This was the HO-DOWN IN MO-TOWN

:laugh:

Good one.
Heatmagic84
Bench Warmer
And1: 29

Post#154 » by Heatmagic84 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:57 am

the dumb bitch fell because she lost her balance while swinging at him
"Fallen soldiers my homies lay in caskets
They couldn't survive the Heat just like the Mavericks"
Cal_Hoops
Sophomore

Post#155 » by Cal_Hoops » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:27 am

After viewing Kno's youtube link, it seems to me that Mahorn did have his hands extended while trying to hold Leslie's arms to prevent her from going forward toward the middle of the chaos. Leslie was obviously backpedaling to avoid Mahorn, and in the process, got her right arm free and swung at Mahorn, losing her balance and falling backward. Yes, Mahorn did have his arms extended, but it is not very clear whether he did shove her with enough force to lay her on the court. Again, what is clear is that Leslie WAS moving backward in order to free herself from Mahorn's extended arms, and in the process, was able to free her right arm from him, take a swipe at him, miss, lose balance, and fall on the court.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#156 » by Chubby Chaser » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:40 am

Mahorn definitely pushed her. One of the announcers that was calling the game live even admitted it. She said that Mahorn definitely pushed her, and it was hard to see on the replay, but she said that it happened right in front of her. And he did push her. Listen to the broadcast yourself if you want...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8byDuffK-BY

Mahorn is classless and should be shunned by the WNBA. A grown man should NEVER put his hands on a woman. If he's breaking up the fight he should go to his players, not push a player on the opposite team. Especially a female. That's wrong on all accounts in my book.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#157 » by miller31time » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:19 am

Holy crap...Cheryl Ford (daughter of Karl Malone) suffered a torn ACL in last night's brawl.

She's done for the season.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#158 » by Roscoe Sheed » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:51 am

Chubby Chaser wrote:Mahorn definitely pushed her. One of the announcers that was calling the game live even admitted it. She said that Mahorn definitely pushed her, and it was hard to see on the replay, but she said that it happened right in front of her. And he did push her. Listen to the broadcast yourself if you want...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8byDuffK-BY

Mahorn is classless and should be shunned by the WNBA. A grown man should NEVER put his hands on a woman. If he's breaking up the fight he should go to his players, not push a player on the opposite team. Especially a female. That's wrong on all accounts in my book.

you are totally off base. Mahorn was trying to play peace maker. In the replay, don't you see Leslie trying to hit him? You must be a fan of that total moron Vic the Brick
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#159 » by HarlemHeat37 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:03 am

Chubby Chaser wrote:

how ironic..
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#160 » by magicfan4life05 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:52 pm

miller31time wrote:Holy crap...Cheryl Ford (daughter of Karl Malone) suffered a torn ACL in last night's brawl.

She's done for the season.

was the torn acl a result of the fight, or was she already injured and she made it worse by getting involved?
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."

Return to The General Board