Paul Pierce: "I'm the BEST player in the WORLD"

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Kobay
General Manager
And1: 5

Re: Paul Pierce: "I'm the BEST player in the WORLD" 

Post#281 » by Kobay » Sat Aug 2, 2008 11:44 pm

lol yank fan rooting for boston? Why hasn't this guy gotten his face stomped yet?
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#282 » by TonyMontana » Sun Aug 3, 2008 1:13 am

Rocky5000 wrote: Shaq won those rings for Kobe, let's see him get one as the team leader. Rings as a leader - PP 1 Kobe - 0

See this is exactly why I dont waste my time posting.
Its a joke, everytime someone brings up facts and backs it up with links sources etc, you guys always bring up something that irrelevant or has no substance.
So let's start with this one first.
Shaq won those rings, then why is that Shaq couldnt win with Penny, or the Majic?
Why is it that Shaq couldnt win without Kobe?
Now let me ask you a question, If Pierce claims he is the best since the Cs were in Last Place last year and were tanking every game, then why is he the best since he couldnt accomplih JACK all these years before the Cs got Ray Allen and K.G and Posey?
Kobe was able to bring lakers to play-offs in last three years with mediocre players in l.a.
PP wasnt able to do anything even in the weak-a$$ eastern conf. until ray and kevin came in picture
And your kidding yourself if you actually think that Pierce was the leader of the Cs, in fact it was K.G heart and Ray Allens finals performance that help you guys in the Finals.
Give me a brake already.
Rocky5000 wrote: Kobe's MVP was handed to him as a 'lifetime achievement award," not for what he did this season. Most would agree that Chris Paul was a more valuable teammate during the regular season.

Right MOST HATERS , but everyone knows that Kobe deserved MVP last year and this year.
In fact is lets compare Kobe achievements.
How many scoring titles, rings, and MVPs does PP have? 1 ring,thats it.
But heres Kobes achievements................
3-time NBA champion: 2000, 2001, 2002
NBA Most Valuable Player: 2008
2-time scoring champion: 2006, 2007
10-time NBA All-Star: 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Has started in each of his appearances
10 consecutive appearances (No All-Star game in 1999 due to league-wide lock-out)
2-time NBA All-Star Game MVP: 2002, 2007
10-time All-NBA Selection:
First Team: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008
Second Team: 2000, 2001
Third Team: 1999, 2005
8-time All-Defensive Selection:
First Team: 2000, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008
Second Team: 2001, 2002
NBA All-Rookie Second Team: 1997
NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion: 1997

But whats funny is Pierce has never won any ALL DEFENSIVE.
He has won only 3 all NBA THIRD TEAM >>>>>>>>>> :lol: Third team, how patethic is that specailly when his best season was this year and even then he was in THIRD TEAM.... :lol:

In fact Kobe has taken the Lakers to the Playoffs ever since Shaq left year after year and to the finals this year.
Pierce in the last 6 years has he singlehandedly taken his team to….the playoffs? No, more like in the draft lottery specailly with all the Tanking last year.... :lol:
Know he gets all-stars around him, the teams turns around and wins a championship….So that makes him the best?
I hope you can say that next year.

Rocky5000 wrote: Dajuan Wagner scored 100 points in a game, Kobe never has and never will. How important is a 1 game achievement?

Another worthless post, So your comapring a high school kid in a highschool game to Kobe and the NBA...... WOWWWWWW.
This has to be the weakest comparison I have ever seen.

Rocky5000 wrote: Kobe is being compared to MJ in the following sense, 'Kobe is not nearly as good as MJ'

Righttttttttttttt , thats why there is well over 2000+ pages of posts on this board alone.
Every post every remark is about Kobe, and MJ.
You think if someday someone asks MJ is PP better than Kobe, he's not going to laugh and SAY WHO THE HELL is Paul Pierce? :lol:

Rocky5000 wrote: Kobe will win 2-3, where do you keep your crystal ball?

Na I deal with reality, the reality it took the Cs 20 years to win a CHIP and that was only cause year after year since PP came to Cs you guys have been a lottery team even last year when everyone knew you guys were tanking, but as far as the Lakers and Kobe........... We have our 3 peats, we have gone to the playoffs every year since Shaq left, all we have done is improve and gotten better year after year WITHOUT TANKING.......... This year everyone counted us out, but we still got to the finals WITHOUT Bynum....... Imagine what happens next year......... without TANKING.. :lol:

Rocky5000 wrote:Almost lost, since when does almost losing count for anything? At home the Celtics blew out the Hawks at every opportunity.

Since the day you guys were down against them and all of your board was going crazy calling Doc Rivers names and posting threads that he is selling the Cs out for his former team, that he sucks as a head coach and that K.G is weak..............My how quickly we forget all of those priceless posts and threads..........
Rocky5000 wrote: Kobe had 3 HOF teammates, Shaq, Malone, and Payton and LOST to the Pistons in the finals.

Rightttt you mean when Karl Malone was hurt in the Playoffs, you mean when G.P disapeared and Chauncy and Flip had there way with G.P.
You mean when Shaq was overwieght and was arguing about his contract and extension........
Ya that was all Kobes fault. :lol:

Rocky5000 wrote:Pierce was supposed to be traded if the Celtics landed Durant or Oden, and the Celtics had one of the worst records the year before, and nobody EVER expected them to have the biggest single season turnaround and win a title.

Ya nobody but the Tanking and having help from a former C like Kevin Mchale sure help things to turn around, didnt it.
But your still missing the point of this thread..............
HTF is Paul Pierce better than Kobe???? :lol:
dsorc
Pro Prospect
And1: 91

Post#283 » by dsorc » Sun Aug 3, 2008 1:45 am

TonyMontana wrote:Paul Pierce is a joke.
First, if we are talking about individual player Paul can’t even shine Kobe’s shoes. Second, the Boston Celtics won the championship not Paul Pierce, I know he was MVP (and he deserved it) but let’s be realistic when it was just Paul and Rondo on the Celtics in (2006-2007 season) they only won 25 games. You have to be confident and I respect that, but glorify yourself. Because in reality the rest of the team made you look good. Now all these people that are ridin with Paul specially C fans.
Also keep in mind Paul Pierce and Celtic fans …..Kobe already won 3 rings. Pierce has 1.
Kobe NBA MVP….Pierce -0-……..Kobe has 2 scoring titles, Pierce -0-…….
Kobe scored 81pts Pierce never has and never will.
Kobe is being compared to MJ in every aspect.
Pierce inst even in the conversation.
Kobe will win 2-3 more rings w/o 2 all stars on his team.
Pierce had KG & Ray Allen, Posey, Perkins Casell, etc and you barley got past the Hawks.
Kobe was suppose to be traded in the begining of the season and the Lakers were written off even to make it to the playoffs and they went to the Finals.

A fluke championship and one ring doesnt make a last year TANKING TEAM CAPTAIN as the best player in the league.............LOLLLL

I'm pretty certain that all or most of the arguments you're using here are logical fallacies.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,111
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#284 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Aug 3, 2008 1:55 am

Well that was a fun 19 page pissing match.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to The General Board