Cops say Paul Pierce not drunk enough

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Basketball Fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

Cops say Paul Pierce not drunk enough 

Post#1 » by Basketball Fan » Sun Aug 3, 2008 3:19 pm

Here's your Finals MVP

http://www.tmz.com/2008/08/03/cops-say- ... /#comments

Cops Say Paul Pierce Not Drunk Enough
Posted Aug 3rd 2008 10:41AM by TMZ Staff

Now we're learning cops believed Boston Celtic Paul Pierce was under the influence of alcohol after stopping him because they smelled alcohol on his breath.

As we first reported, Pierce was pulled over at 3:30 this morning after he was "driving erratically." Cops now tell us he had made an illegal lane change without signaling in his white BMW when officers in a paddy wagon spotted him.

We're told they smelled "alcohol coming from the car." We're also told the breathalyzer showed Pierce had alcohol in his system but was below .08, which means you're legally drunk in Vegas.

The pic shows Pierce at the scene.

As for why he wasn't cited for an illegal lane change or erratic driving, cops say it was a minor offense so they let him skate.
klvanzu
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Re: Cops say Paul Pierce not drunk enough 

Post#2 » by klvanzu » Sun Aug 3, 2008 3:31 pm

Who cares. He wasn't drunk.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#3 » by NetsForce » Sun Aug 3, 2008 3:32 pm

The best basketball player in the world is also very irresponsible he could have KILLED someone. Remember kids drinking and driving is always stupid, even if you're the best basketball player in the world.

I wonder how he got off with nothing though... My guess is that after he got out of the car he fell down and pretended like he was hurt and was then carted to the hospital on a wheelchair... Either that or he Paul Pierced one of of the officers... If you know what I mean.

Okay in all honesty though. Melo was suspended for the first two games of 2008-2009 for his DUI, Pierce should get the same sentence from the Commish.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#4 » by Rasho Brezec » Sun Aug 3, 2008 3:35 pm

Who drives a white BMW?
GonzoLays
Assistant Coach
And1: 185
Location: The strongest man is he who stands alone in the face of oppression and censorship.

Post#5 » by GonzoLays » Sun Aug 3, 2008 3:37 pm

NetsForce wrote:The best basketball player in the world is also very irresponsible he could have KILLED someone. Remember kids drinking and driving is always stupid, even if you're the best basketball player in the world.

I wonder how he got off with nothing though... My guess is that after he got out of the car he fell down and pretended like he was hurt and was then carted to the hospital on a wheelchair... Either that or he Paul Pierced one of of the officers... If you know what I mean.

Okay in all honesty though. Melo was suspended for the first two games of 2008-2009 for his DUI, Pierce should get the same sentence from the Commish.

What part of "the breathalyzer showed Pierce had alcohol in his system but was below .08, which means you're legally drunk in Vegas" did you not understand?

You are not the sharpest tool in the shed, huh?
Basketball Fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

Post#6 » by Basketball Fan » Sun Aug 3, 2008 3:38 pm

klvanzu wrote:Who cares. He wasn't drunk.

This time but what if he had ended up killing someone even if he wasn't under the legal limit we would be having a different conversation right now.

It just adds to the negative image that exists over the NBA with incidents like this and Josh Howard.

Pierce is very fortunate that's for sure.
Aventador
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#7 » by Aventador » Sun Aug 3, 2008 3:44 pm

was he drunk enough when he proclaimed his status as the best baller in the world?
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#8 » by NetsForce » Sun Aug 3, 2008 3:51 pm

GonzoLays wrote:What part of "the breathalyzer showed Pierce had alcohol in his system but was below .08, which means you're legally drunk in Vegas" did you not understand?

No sir, I don't live in a shed.

But what part about "he was "driving erratically." Cops now tell us he had made an illegal lane change without signaling in his white BMW when officers in a paddy wagon spotted him." don't you understand?

A normal person would still have gotten ticketed for an illegal lane change, which begs the question what tomfoolery did Pierce use to get out of the situation?

Erratic driving = Unsafe driving = Potentially deadly driving (although all driving is potentially deadly, Pierce just increases the odds of something bad happening when he drives like an idiot)
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#9 » by Kefa461 » Sun Aug 3, 2008 3:51 pm

Basketball Fan wrote:Here's your Finals MVP

http://www.tmz.com/2008/08/03/cops-say- ... /#comments

Cops Say Paul Pierce Not Drunk Enough
Posted Aug 3rd 2008 10:41AM by TMZ Staff

Now we're learning cops believed Boston Celtic Paul Pierce was under the influence of alcohol after stopping him because they smelled alcohol on his breath.

As we first reported, Pierce was pulled over at 3:30 this morning after he was "driving erratically." Cops now tell us he had made an illegal lane change without signaling in his white BMW when officers in a paddy wagon spotted him.

We're told they smelled "alcohol coming from the car." We're also told the breathalyzer showed Pierce had alcohol in his system but was below .08, which means you're legally drunk in Vegas.

The pic shows Pierce at the scene.

As for why he wasn't cited for an illegal lane change or erratic driving, cops say it was a minor offense so they let him skate.

No crime...move on.....nothing to see.... 8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
Kefa461
RealGM

Post#10 » by Kefa461 » Sun Aug 3, 2008 3:53 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:Who drives a white BMW?

That's makes as much sense as most of your posts...... 8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#11 » by Rasho Brezec » Sun Aug 3, 2008 4:08 pm

Kefa461 wrote:

That's makes as much sense as most of your posts...... 8-)

Thank you, kind sir. May I mention it was a joke?
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#12 » by Jase » Sun Aug 3, 2008 4:11 pm

Paul Pierce.
Kefa461
RealGM

Post#13 » by Kefa461 » Sun Aug 3, 2008 4:15 pm

NetsForce wrote:
GonzoLays wrote:What part of "the breathalyzer showed Pierce had alcohol in his system but was below .08, which means you're legally drunk in Vegas" did you not understand?

But what part about "he was "driving erratically." Cops now tell us he had made an illegal lane change without signaling in his white BMW when officers in a paddy wagon spotted him." don't you understand?

A normal person would still have gotten ticketed for an illegal lane change, which begs the question what tomfoolery did Pierce use to get out of the situation?

Erratic driving = Unsafe driving = Potentially deadly driving (although all driving is potentially deadly, Pierce just increases the odds of something bad happening when he drives like an idiot)

I just love that term tomfoolery......yer sir....

Let's see the possible options.....
1. His car has a handicap sticker.....wheelchair was inside
2. He showed the cops his MVP Finals Trophy
3. He call Kobe and Kobe gave him the Lawyer's number Kobe used in the Case in Colo. that got him off the hook there for some quick advice.
or number
4. There was NO CRIME.....just a precautionary stop......that's all
no DUI.

Now....Gonzo never said you lived in a shed.....that was a phrase...oh bright one, but since it went over your head and you took it soooo seriously....now I wonder...........remember, no smoking near hay....... 8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Post#14 » by BadWolf » Sun Aug 3, 2008 4:26 pm

Must be a slow weekend when this makes the news, lol.
illegal line change? That's when you/change the line on a driveway without light signal? I wouldn't do that on an empty street during day, certainly not in the middle of the night.
pballa
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by pballa » Sun Aug 3, 2008 4:28 pm

NetsForce wrote:

i bet you signal every time you switch lanes dont you feller?
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#16 » by celticfan42487 » Sun Aug 3, 2008 4:50 pm

OMGzzz he changed lanes without properly signaling!?!?!?!?

In the words of Kayne "Even if you in a Benz, you still a ***** in a coupe"

Man the cops smelt alchol and had enough forethought to tell a tabloid but not to arrest him apparently? I mean who would think of that, it's not like this paper is making anything up.
CatNation
Banned User

Post#17 » by CatNation » Sun Aug 3, 2008 4:55 pm

he didnt signal?? what a thug. I'd expect this from a Pacer but jesus /sarcasm
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#18 » by Jase » Sun Aug 3, 2008 4:56 pm

Anything to bring a celebrity down, right?
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
Cevap
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#19 » by Cevap » Sun Aug 3, 2008 5:02 pm

pierce got lucky
Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11

Post#20 » by Rooster » Sun Aug 3, 2008 5:13 pm

He could've killed someone? How, by changing lanes? He blew under the limit, and didn't do anything particularly dangerous. Case closed.
Schadenfreude wrote:Not going to lie, if I found out that one of the seemingly illiterate morons we'd banned on the Raptors board was Primoz Brezec, it'd pretty much make my decade.

Return to The General Board