Cops say Paul Pierce not drunk enough

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Texas Longhorns
Banned User
And1: 3

Re: Cops say Paul Pierce not drunk enough 

Post#31 » by Texas Longhorns » Sun Aug 3, 2008 6:11 pm

The only reason this was started was because Pierce was drunk to say he was the best player in the world (which he isn't) when he was drunk. :)
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
BiggieSmalls
Senior
And1: 0

Post#32 » by BiggieSmalls » Sun Aug 3, 2008 6:23 pm

GonzoLays wrote:Judging from most of the replies in this thread, many posters here have never had a drink before at a restaurant and drove home. Nope, from Netsforce to Biggiesmalls, they have never enjoyed a beer and steak before at a fine restaurant.

And oh boy, and if they did touch the devil's water, they most certainly hand over the keys to their Kia and tell a friend, "buddy, that 8 oz Bud Light Lime has me a bit woozy, and no sir-re-bob, this fella ain't going to get behind a wheel and endanger my fellow citizens. Jimmy, will you take the keys to my Kia and drive me back to my mom's house? Thanks, buddy"

im not the one who makes $60 million dollars and is looked up to by millions of kids around the world.

BTW, i drive a toyota, and your right i have never paid $70 for a steak and beer at a fine restaurant, i prefer to stay home and barbeque my own steaks and have some beers with some friends for alot cheaper, and a better atmosphere.

all im saying is that if people are going to pay professional athletes hundreds of millions of dollars to play a sport than they should be heald accontable for there actions, they know once they sign that contract that they become instant role models for many kids and the things they do have an affect on the decision making of kids who idolize paul pierce.
DreMiller/Faried>>>>>>>Felton/Smith

Nicolas Batuuuuuuuuuuum!

R.I.P Sean Chancellor
GonzoLays
Assistant Coach
And1: 185
Location: The strongest man is he who stands alone in the face of oppression and censorship.

Post#33 » by GonzoLays » Sun Aug 3, 2008 6:27 pm

BiggieSmalls wrote:
GonzoLays wrote:Judging from most of the replies in this thread, many posters here have never had a drink before at a restaurant and drove home. Nope, from Netsforce to Biggiesmalls, they have never enjoyed a beer and steak before at a fine restaurant.

And oh boy, and if they did touch the devil's water, they most certainly hand over the keys to their Kia and tell a friend, "buddy, that 8 oz Bud Light Lime has me a bit woozy, and no sir-re-bob, this fella ain't going to get behind a wheel and endanger my fellow citizens. Jimmy, will you take the keys to my Kia and drive me back to my mom's house? Thanks, buddy"

im not the one who makes $60 million dollars and is looked up to by millions of kids around the world.

BTW, i drive a toyota, and your right i have never paid $70 for a steak and beer at a fine restaurant, i prefer to stay home and barbeque my own steaks and have some beers with some friends for alot cheaper, and a better atmosphere.

all im saying is that if people are going to pay professional athletes hundreds of millions of dollars to play a sport than they should be heald accontable for there actions, they know once they sign that contract that they become instant role models for many kids and the things they do have an affect on the decision making of kids who idolize paul pierce.

IT IS PERFECTLY LEGAL IN THE UNITED STATES TO DRIVE A CAR AS LONG AS YOU ARE UNDER THE LEGAL LIMIT. HENCE THE WORDS "LEGAL LIMIT."

Why is this so hard to understand?
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#34 » by Rasho Brezec » Sun Aug 3, 2008 6:37 pm

Just because it's legal it doesn't mean it's not dumb.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,741

Post#35 » by meatball sub » Sun Aug 3, 2008 6:51 pm

Wow, I didn't expect this many people to claim to have never had a drink or two and drove home, which is essentially what Paul supposedly did. How come so many people today automatically assume that a guy broke the law, even when we're told he didn't? I find it funny so many say, "The cops gave him a break," because he took a cab home.

o rly?

Maybe the officer suggested he get a cab because it was so late at night and he looked tired, so Pierce took his advice. Drinking and driving is a serious offense, and wouldn't exactly ruin Pierce's life like it would for many people in this country. If the Finals MVP deserves a DUI, that's not something that the police will just let slide. Celebrities are the best people to make an example out of for this because they can afford the consequences and it sends a message to America that nobody is above the law. If anybody is going to get a break, it's not a celebrity. It would be an everyday citizen that has never had any trouble with the law, not even a warning.
sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Post#36 » by sarah42 » Sun Aug 3, 2008 6:51 pm

this is such a non story. you have to be a really big paul pierce hater or tmz lover to blow this out of proportion. not to diss tmz, the show can be funny whenever they don't show that douche john mayer.

anyways, i wish my mother was stopped more. she's such a sucky driver - she's muslim, so she never drinks, but she never sleeps either, so she might as well be drunk...just so the cops scare her straight. my brother and father though, are great drivers, but since both are clearly dark brothers driving nice cars, they always get stopped. thats life.

to all the haters though, kiss his ring. the fact that they didn't even give him a ticket for a wrong lane violation, but bothered to tell tmz about it shows what crappy cops they truly are. do your jobs you idiots!
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#37 » by carrottop12 » Sun Aug 3, 2008 6:53 pm

Guys, he made an illegal lane change. Lets give him the chair.
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,885

Post#38 » by MAQ » Sun Aug 3, 2008 7:34 pm

BiggieSmalls wrote:

the bold and underlined point is the 100 percent truth...they are paid to PLAY A SPORT...not to be rolemodels, buddy...

chuck got it right

and pierce was held accountable for his actions...he made an improper lane change...was pulled over...and was given a breathlizer b/c of the acohol on his breath...
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#39 » by Jase » Sun Aug 3, 2008 7:50 pm

sarah42 wrote:this is such a non story. you have to be a really big paul pierce hater or tmz lover to blow this out of proportion. not to diss tmz, the show can be funny whenever they don't show that douche john mayer.

anyways, i wish my mother was stopped more. she's such a sucky driver - she's muslim, so she never drinks, but she never sleeps either, so she might as well be drunk...just so the cops scare her straight. my brother and father though, are great drivers, but since both are clearly dark brothers driving nice cars, they always get stopped. thats life.

to all the haters though, kiss his ring. the fact that they didn't even give him a ticket for a wrong lane violation, but bothered to tell tmz about it shows what crappy cops they truly are. do your jobs you idiots!

Tell em how you REALLY feel...
Rocky5000
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#40 » by Rocky5000 » Sun Aug 3, 2008 7:54 pm

Cops will pull people over for anything, I remember a friend of mine got pulled over for 'weaving between the lines', not crossing over the lines, staying in his lane and 'weaving between them' They'll also use any excuse to put you on a breathalizer. That's why you always answer the question, "Have you been drinking?", with a no, and not "I just had a beer with dinner."
sarah42
Starter

Post#41 » by sarah42 » Sun Aug 3, 2008 7:56 pm

Jase wrote:
sarah42 wrote:this is such a non story. you have to be a really big paul pierce hater or tmz lover to blow this out of proportion. not to diss tmz, the show can be funny whenever they don't show that douche john mayer.

Tell em how you REALLY feel...

yeah you are right - i have a lot of stuff written down. such a non story. my moms is a crappy driver. both my brother and my father are racially profiled so i never ask for a ride. blah blah blah. oh and kiss his ring too! not you personally...but i think you get the point!

john mayer is a douche though. i don't care what anyone says. not because of that stupid "your body is a wonderland" song or his dating every celebrity in site, if you want to call jessica simpson a celebrity. i can't quite give you a reason why he is, but he is. his latest album rocked though. i'll give him that.
inmate347 wrote:
sarah42
Starter

Post#42 » by sarah42 » Sun Aug 3, 2008 8:02 pm

maq25060 wrote:
BiggieSmalls wrote:

the bold and underlined point is the 100 percent truth...they are paid to PLAY A SPORT...not to be rolemodels, buddy...

chuck got it right

and pierce was held accountable for his actions...he made an improper lane change...was pulled over...and was given a breathlizer b/c of the acohol on his breath...

so true. ppl like britney spears should show all parents that celebrities and athletes aren't there to teach your kids the difference between right or wrong. there are there only for entertainment.

chuck's commercial might be the best thing he's ever done in his career.
inmate347 wrote:
farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#43 » by farzi » Sun Aug 3, 2008 8:11 pm

LMAO @ Boston fan in this thread
Thank you for all the memories BRoy. You were a class act and brought hope to an entire region for 5 years. You will be missed.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#44 » by Flash3 » Sun Aug 3, 2008 8:48 pm

Just stupid. Plain stupid!

Drinking and Driving don't mix. -- I could care less what the breathalyzer says....
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#45 » by NetsForce » Sun Aug 3, 2008 9:12 pm

Attack the post content not the poster, it's rule one of not being a homer. Believe dat.

Flash3 wrote:Just stupid. Plain stupid!

Drinking and Driving don't mix. -- I could care less what the breathalyzer says....

Believe dat too, this man speaks the truth.
Phobo_Phile
Sixth Man
And1: 357

Post#46 » by Phobo_Phile » Sun Aug 3, 2008 9:16 pm

How do you guys know that he drank whatever it was that he drank, and knew that he wasn't okay to drive and then thus waited until he felt okay and knew full well he would be under the legal limit?
To me that is responsible. I think some of the posters aren't 21 and are confusing the issue. My girlfriend and I often go out for dinner and will have a pint to go with it.

One pint is not impairment. The legal limit of .08 (which is in most states) is a very low but very logical amount.

Besides, if you arrested everyone that drove home from a restaurant after having a beer/cocktail/glass of wine with their dinner you will be throwing a LOT of people in jail. Probably all our parents would have DUI's if this was the case. But it's not the case because .08 is NOT impairment. Therefore they were able to drive just find without problem.

And if you are going to say "Well he was obviously drunk because he was making unsafe lane changes"
probably don't get out much. People make some of the dumbest decisions while driving and not having a drop of alcohol in them. All the time all around you people make unsafe changes, run stop signs, not use their turn signal, speed, etc.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#47 » by iamworthy » Sun Aug 3, 2008 9:26 pm

He was probably throwing up gang signs outside of the driver side window and the cops decided to pull him over....
Texas Longhorns
Banned User

Post#48 » by Texas Longhorns » Sun Aug 3, 2008 9:45 pm

lmao, they didn't say he wasn't .07 so he could have gotten away with that.
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
crowd goes wild
Junior
And1: 11

Post#49 » by crowd goes wild » Sun Aug 3, 2008 9:51 pm

He faked a heart attack to get out of it then came back and hit two 3's
Texas Longhorns
Banned User

Post#50 » by Texas Longhorns » Sun Aug 3, 2008 9:59 pm