Olympics Game 4: USA vs. Spain

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

sofoklis
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: Olympics Game 4: USA vs. Spain 

Post#681 » by sofoklis » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:47 pm

I didn't predict Greek win in this forum. So learn to read my posts more carefull.

Also 2006 USA team had Lebron and Wade and Carmello and Paul and Howard and Bosh etc. It's basically the same team(Kobe until now don't play well). Greece made a bad game. We had like 0/8 three points and 25 turnovers!

Also our biggest weapon didn't play for almost a year and he wasn't in good condition. Now tell me how can a fat and slow man be faster than Howard ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2Cup9IaqHo
CzBoobie
Assistant Coach
And1: 408

Post#682 » by CzBoobie » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:17 pm

sofoklis wrote:I didn't predict Greek win in this forum. So learn to read my posts more carefull.

Also 2006 USA team had Lebron and Wade and Carmello and Paul and Howard and Bosh etc. It's basically the same team(Kobe until now don't play well). Greece made a bad game. We had like 0/8 three points and 25 turnovers!

Also our biggest weapon didn't play for almost a year and he wasn't in good condition. Now tell me how can a fat and slow man be faster than Howard ?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2Cup9IaqHo

Greek's win in 2006 was a complete fluke that will probably never happen again, I think it's save to say it now. Lol @ this team being basically the same...They are 2 years older, more experienced and much better prepared, LeBron is almost different player now, same goes for Paul, Howard and Williams. And they added freakin Kobe. They will destroy you once again by 30+ points if they play you in the medal round...Quit living in the past and face the truth, Greece has nothing on USA Basketball.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#683 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:31 pm

The Greeks had a heckuva game in 2006 to beat the US, but I think that more of the fluke than the more recent game. The Greek team was on fire in that game in 2006 and for that matter it was such a surprising win that people6 celebrated it like it was a holiday. I'm not saying that the US can't be beaten by them or for that matter by anyone else, but it'd take a good game on your part and a bad one on the US part and you still only won by 6. I know you will call this arrogance, but the fact is that the US team does not lose very often and when we want to avenge a loss we have.

Has anyone else noticed how soft some of the other teams are. Don't those guys ever lift weights?
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
GuyverX
Head Coach
And1: 4,208

Post#684 » by GuyverX » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:57 pm

sofoklis wrote:I didn't predict Greek win in this forum. So learn to read my posts more carefull.

Also our biggest weapon didn't play for almost a year and he wasn't in good condition. Now tell me how can a fat and slow man be faster than Howard ?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2Cup9IaqHo

Okay, first of all, did it ever occur to you that Greece shot so poorly because of good U.S. defense? And that they turned it over because the U.S. kept stealing the ball or forcing them to turn it over? Don't feel bad, they do that to every team in the Olympics. It's not a coincidence. As for your claim that this is the same U.S. team of 2006...when half of your roster is different, I'd hardly say that's the same team. Plus, guys like Howard, Bosh, LeBron and Paul are more experienced now. Chris Paul even became runner-up for MVP just this year so you can't possibly say these guys are the same as they were 2 years ago. That's just wrong.

Second of all, Sofo didn't play for a year because his own team didn't let him play--since he was too fat! They had to ship him off to Switzerland to undergo a weight loss program! Does Greece not have an equivalent for Jenny Craig? :lol:

People said it worked, apparently, but I would've loved to see how he looked like before he went because he still looks fat. That must have been a sight. You posted a video of him 2 years ago...he gained so much weight, that video is pointless now. He's not the same player. That's like posting a video of Shaq in 1999-2000 today claiming that he's still the most dominant player in the NBA.
CircleCitysportsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 81

Post#685 » by CircleCitysportsfan » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:46 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:
Has anyone else noticed how soft some of the other teams are. Don't those guys ever lift weights?

Soft? According to certain posters FIBA ball was more physical than the NBA. I guess they don't have Chuck Norris and Wesley Snipes infomercials in Europe. Must be nice to have regular programming 24 hours a day. :lol:
aroba
Senior
And1: 43

Post#686 » by aroba » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:01 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:Has anyone else noticed how soft some of the other teams are. Don't those guys ever lift weights?

They actually do. Strange huh? We also have special centers (high performance facilities) for sportsman in order to take the best out of them. Same med tecnology used in the USA. This is a globalized world.

Rafa Nadal for instance has the biggest arm on tennis....I've been looking the final game today and I just checked it, but he looks thin vs some NBA players. Wierd.
Doesn't supposed to be on a sport that makes arm grow strong? Doesn't bball players play a sport that tends to naturally make people thin and long, instead of wide and bulky? (like it's always been...even at NBA until the 90's).

NBA is another world. Let's face it. Phelps is another world. Marion Jones was another world...oh wait!

Today NBA players look like NFL players. Even PG's like Paul and Deron look too wide and bulky. Unreal.

Let's wait until European players do some weightlifting then :roll:
GuyverX
Head Coach

Post#687 » by GuyverX » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:05 pm

Wesley Snipes has infomercials? :o
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,110
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#688 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:08 pm

Sofo is a really talented player though, if he would bust his ass, he'd be a really good player in the NBA, I really hate watching players waste talent like that.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
GuyverX
Head Coach

Post#689 » by GuyverX » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:09 pm

aroba wrote:
TheOUTLAW wrote:Has anyone else noticed how soft some of the other teams are. Don't those guys ever lift weights?

They actually do. Strange huh? We also have special centers (high performance facilities) for sportsman in order to take the best out of them. Same med tecnology used in the USA. This is a globalized world.

Rafa Nadal for instance has the biggest arm on tennis....I've been looking the final game today and I just checked it, but he looks thin vs some NBA players. Wierd.
Doesn't supposed to be on a sport that makes arm grow strong? Doesn't bball players play a sport that tends to naturally make people thin and long, instead of wide and bulky? (like it's always been...even at NBA until the 90's).

NBA is another world. Let's face it. Phelps is another world. Marion Jones was another world...oh wait!

Today NBA players look like NFL players. Even PG's like Paul and Deron look too wide and bulky. Unreal.

Let's wait until European players do some weightlifting then :roll:

We're off the whole racist thing so now you move on to steroid accusations? :roll:

You need glasses if you think Chris Paul is wide and Bulky.
INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,967

Post#690 » by INKtastic » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:14 pm

sofoklis wrote:Also 2006 USA team had Lebron and Wade and Carmello and Paul and Howard and Bosh etc. It's basically the same team(Kobe until now don't play well)

Just because many of the players are the same 2 years later doesn't mean it's the same team. For instance, 23 year old LeBron is head and shoulders better than 21 year old LeBron.

"I don't think he was anywhere near the player in '06," Boeheim said. "He didn't take charge, he wasn't a defensive leader. I don't think he had realized defence, he's always been an offensive player. Now he's really a key defensive guy on our team. That's a major, major change from what he was two years ago on the defensive end."

Boeheim calls James' "night-and-day" change, "the most impressive thing I've seen in two years."
http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,110
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#691 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:18 pm

lj4mvp wrote:
sofoklis wrote:Also 2006 USA team had Lebron and Wade and Carmello and Paul and Howard and Bosh etc. It's basically the same team(Kobe until now don't play well)

Just because many of the players are the same 2 years later doesn't mean it's the same team. For instance, 23 year old LeBron is head and shoulders better than 21 year old LeBron.

"I don't think he was anywhere near the player in '06," Boeheim said. "He didn't take charge, he wasn't a defensive leader. I don't think he had realized defence, he's always been an offensive player. Now he's really a key defensive guy on our team. That's a major, major change from what he was two years ago on the defensive end."

Boeheim calls James' "night-and-day" change, "the most impressive thing I've seen in two years."

The PG's is a whole different ball game now, besides adding Kidd, 2 years ago, Paul was just coming off his rookie year, and Deron, though not on the team, was coming off the bench. Now we have Paul coming off an MVP caliber season, and Deron Williams who had a fantastic year in his own right, both of whom are better than any PG we had in 06.

Carmelo and LeBron are much more mature and improved than they were, and Dwight Howard has grown leaps and bounds since then.

The names on the jersey might be the same, but this is a TOTALLY different team.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
aroba
Senior
And1: 43

Post#692 » by aroba » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:21 pm

GuyverX wrote:We're off the whole racist thing so now you move on to steroid accusations? :roll:

Who said anything about steroids? :roll:
INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,967

Post#693 » by INKtastic » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:23 pm

aroba wrote:
GuyverX wrote:We're off the whole racist thing so now you move on to steroid accusations? :roll:

you brought up mairon jones.
http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more
GuyverX
Head Coach

Post#694 » by GuyverX » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:28 pm

lj4mvp wrote:
aroba wrote:

you brought up mairon jones.

What exactly does Marion Jones have to do with basketball unless you're trying to make some type of accusation? Before that you were asking why a sport that supposedly makes your physique thin and long is now producing wide and bulky guys. Connect the dots.

Return to The General Board