Mario Chalmers/Darrell Arthur suspended

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

trav12221
Freshman
And1: 0

Re: Mario Chalmers/Darrell Arthur suspended 

Post#61 » by trav12221 » Wed Sep 3, 2008 11:12 pm

TrueRain wrote:I'm no expert on random drug testing, how long marijuana stays in the body, etc. So someone tell me, do the teams do random drug tests during the off-season or maybe some time before training camp begins because if they do, this makes these two look even dumber. Because something would've picked up sooner or later, I assume.

weed stay with you a long time, 5-6 weeks can still lead to testing over the limit
Harry Heinous
Banned User
And1: 1
Location: MIAMI. Home of the champion HEAT * CANES * DOLPHINS * MARLINS

Post#62 » by Harry Heinous » Wed Sep 3, 2008 11:12 pm

SMOKING WEED IS NOT A BIG DEAL.

Chalmers and Arthur made a VERY STUPID mistake by smoking at an NBA function. Really dumb and irresponsible. In the long run, this incident will not matter unless they become repeat offenders. So as if now, situation not a big deal, just a silly mistake.

.....I PLAY BETTER WHEN I'M HIGH.
ifrosty13
Head Coach
And1: 1,362

Post#63 » by ifrosty13 » Wed Sep 3, 2008 11:12 pm

TrueRain wrote:I'm no expert on random drug testing, how long marijuana stays in the body, etc. So someone tell me, do the teams do random drug tests during the off-season or maybe some time before training camp begins because if they do, this makes these two look even dumber. Because something would've picked up sooner or later, I assume.

There's a billion ways to come out clean on those test
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,719

Post#64 » by dockingsched » Wed Sep 3, 2008 11:16 pm

50 games was an exaggeration by wilbon to emphasize the point that the league should be firm with these violations. c'mon now.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
dreamcloud
Analyst
And1: 464

Post#65 » by dreamcloud » Wed Sep 3, 2008 11:19 pm

one wrote:Why are some of you so pissed off?

I can understand laughing at their stupidity (might as well have smoked right in front of the organizers), but to wish Kansas would have lossed to Memphis and so on is silly. I think Arthur must have shot some of you guys in the testis.

Erm I already said in that post, that I wanted Memphis to win anyways. The fact that a bunch of morons instead won it, just adds to it. Hardly what I call "pissed off". I think you should learn to read.
raptorforlife88
Veteran
And1: 945

Post#66 » by raptorforlife88 » Wed Sep 3, 2008 11:23 pm

The stupidest thing about this is that they decided to smoke weed at the program where they specifically tell you to take care of your body and to avoid drugs and all that. I mean come on, of all the places in the world to do it.
Lake Dynasty
Senior

Post#67 » by Lake Dynasty » Wed Sep 3, 2008 11:25 pm

3-5 games suspension should do it
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#68 » by dflash3 » Wed Sep 3, 2008 11:30 pm

Harry Heinous wrote:SMOKING WEED IS NOT A BIG DEAL.

Chalmers and Arthur made a VERY STUPID mistake by smoking at an NBA function. Really dumb and irresponsible. In the long run, this incident will not matter unless they become repeat offenders. So as if now, situation not a big deal, just a silly mistake.

.....I PLAY BETTER WHEN I'M HIGH.

I do everything better high. It really helps my hand eye coordination and I always take a hit while I drive. It really makes me think clearly and makes me more aware of my surroundings. Im also typing this high. And if anything How High proves that weed makes you smarter and can help you get into Harvard.
breaker91
Starter

Post#69 » by breaker91 » Wed Sep 3, 2008 11:32 pm

dreamcloud wrote:

I can understand laughing at their stupidity (might as well have smoked right in front of the organizers), but to wish Kansas would have lossed to Memphis and so on is silly. I think Arthur must have shot some of you guys in the testis.

Erm I already said in that post, that I wanted Memphis to win anyways. The fact that a bunch of morons instead won it, just adds to it. Hardly what I call "pissed off". I think you should learn to read.

I wanted Memphis to win it too. If CDR and Rose hit their FTs in the closing minutes I would have been $200 richer today.
"The brownies are good for me to make three-points.'' -Rudy Fernandez
celtsmon3y
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#70 » by celtsmon3y » Wed Sep 3, 2008 11:39 pm

Weed actually does make you hoop better. They're still dumbazzes for getting caught though.
one
Veteran
And1: 83

Post#71 » by one » Thu Sep 4, 2008 12:04 am

dreamcloud wrote:

My bad. You weren't pissed off. You were pissed off MORE. I bet the entire Memphis team plus Cal smoked up. Sleazy coach and an entire team seemingly pulled out of the ghetto. Not high my ass. lol

Erm....
I watch you even when you are sleeping.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#72 » by Blame Rasho » Thu Sep 4, 2008 12:06 am

Guys... cool it.
MaRcu5
Junior

Post#73 » by MaRcu5 » Thu Sep 4, 2008 12:08 am

one wrote:
dreamcloud wrote:

My bad. You weren't pissed off. You were pissed off MORE. I bet the entire Memphis team plus Cal smoked up. Sleazy coach and an entire team seemingly pulled out of the ghetto. Not high my ass. lol

Erm....

Plus Memphis was a bunch of cocky bastards. Joey Dorsey bumping into Cole Aldrich after making a play makes me sick every time I think about it. Talk about lack of sportsmanship.

Then again this has noting to do with the original topic.
Hydroponic3385
Rookie
And1: 138

Post#74 » by Hydroponic3385 » Thu Sep 4, 2008 12:12 am

trav12221 wrote:

weed stay with you a long time, 5-6 weeks can still lead to testing over the limit

No matter how much or how often you smoke, I haven't heard of anyone needing more than 30 days of staying clean to pass a piss test. Hair tests are a totally different story, but hardly anyone ever uses those since they're so expensive and much less convenient.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#75 » by LLcoleJ » Thu Sep 4, 2008 12:17 am

assuming they dont using any cleansing agents... teh weed stays in your system for up to 30 days.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,776

Post#76 » by SOUL » Thu Sep 4, 2008 12:20 am

lol where i work there is no drug testing...thats because all of the managers do all sorts of drugs
dreamcloud
Analyst

Post#77 » by dreamcloud » Thu Sep 4, 2008 12:26 am

one wrote:
dreamcloud wrote:

Erm....

You read wanting Memphis to have won being "pissed off"? Interesting. And I'm not talking about the smoking weed itself. I'm talking about how much of a moron they were; As in doing it in a league-organized event. Again learn to read, it would do wonders for you
one
Veteran

Post#78 » by one » Thu Sep 4, 2008 12:39 am

dreamcloud wrote:You read wanting Memphis to have won being "pissed off"? Interesting. And I'm not talking about the smoking weed itself. I'm talking about how much of a moron they were; As in doing it in a league-organized event. Again learn to read, it would do wonders for you

You wish they would have lossed MORE because they smoked at a league-organized event while NOT attending Kansas...Got ya.

I personally think Kansas should forfeit a scholarship or two. lol

You can continue harping on my reading comprehension. You're simply childish.
dreamcloud
Analyst

Post#79 » by dreamcloud » Thu Sep 4, 2008 12:47 am

I see you still have trouble understanding.. Here is the quote you're referring to that I said in a half-joking manner:

Also makes me more sad that Memphis didn't beat Kansas

You read the words "pissed off" out of that? Great reading comprehension..I should definitely say nothing about it, despite the fact that you called me out over nothing..
one
Veteran

Post#80 » by one » Thu Sep 4, 2008 12:52 am

dreamcloud wrote:I see you still have trouble understanding.. Here is the quote you're referring to that I said in a half-joking manner:

Also makes me more sad that Memphis didn't beat Kansas

You read the words "pissed off" out of that? Great reading comprehension..I should definitely say nothing about it, despite the fact that you called me out over nothing..

Ok, by constantly repeating "you said pissed off" it's pretty obvious you have nothing left to say. You cried because dudes smoked at a business function and stated that as a reason why you wish Kansas didn't win the NCAA tournament. Childish.

Return to The General Board