What Season of Your Favorite Team were you most excited ....

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Re: What Season of Your Favorite Team were you most excited .... 

Post#41 » by Manocad » Sat Sep 6, 2008 9:23 pm

1988 Pistons, easily. They lost a tough ECF to Boston in '87, lost a tough finals to LA in '88, and looked to be on a mission heading into the '88-'89 season. They didn't disappoint; tore up the league finishing 63-19 with the best record in the NBA, and rolled with a 16-2 playoff record to win the championship.
BuckedRocket
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#42 » by BuckedRocket » Sun Sep 7, 2008 3:31 am

As a rox fan, this upcoming season. with the addition of ron ron and seeing the winning streak last year, hopefully ron can fit right in and give my optimism more substance.
And as a bucks fan, it once again has to be this year, we filled our biggest hole (SF) with the addition of RJ, now hopefully skiles can get this group playing some D and if that happens, although it's a big if we're guna suprise a lot of people. :D
dajrichshow
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#43 » by dajrichshow » Sun Sep 7, 2008 4:01 am

Definitely last season coming off all the hype of the "We Believe" season.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#44 » by CellarDoor » Sun Sep 7, 2008 9:23 pm

Can't believe no bulls fans have shown their faces yet. I have two: Jordan's first full season after his first retirement, and The season after we drafted Curry and Chandler.

No really. It sucked.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
HumbleBumbleBee
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#45 » by HumbleBumbleBee » Mon Sep 8, 2008 9:11 pm

Raps:
01 and this season
Got Raps FanFiction?
z_from_kc
Rookie
And1: 72

Post#46 » by z_from_kc » Mon Sep 8, 2008 10:27 pm

As a KC resident I don't have a local team to follow. So as a bandwagon Cavs/LeBron fan the year I was most hyped was the summer we acquired Hughes, DJ, and Donyell.We all know how that turned out, though. Mediocre. I'm pretty hyped about the Mo Williams trade, but I'm still not confident with the team as a whole. We need a real player downlow then the King James Dynasty will finally unfold in the NBA.

Return to The General Board