NBA League Pass Broadband - Stand-Alone?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

jordash
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: NBA League Pass Broadband - Stand-Alone? 

Post#241 » by jordash » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:29 pm

NBA TV always carries the best games.
I,m sure NBA TV is carried in Orlando and everywhere by some carrier!
But they ony Broadcast Lakers, Chi last night.
They Blacked out LAL, CHI, NYC, BOSTON, CLE, NJN and ATL, IND .
I live in KY, but I guess it' was Nation Wide.
Atlanta gets blocked often, just because it had a good Start.
The only game broadcast in KY was Lakers, CHI, on NBA TV. it is very obvious they are deliberately selecting
the Favored Games, and Blocking them.
I get six games in 3 nights on cable TV. {CHOICE GAMES) If they continuec this policy, of
RIP OFF This year will be my final "Year".
nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#242 » by nashill » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:07 pm

for the subscribers in the US, are you able to watch archive games? for ILP, i can only watch the games yesterday and the live games. no blocked out games though
Spurs.Grizzlies.Hawks.Bulls.Wizards.
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,793

Post#243 » by Nate505 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:36 pm

Hi My Name is DANNY AINGE wrote:So far nothing major issue wise...The occassional freeze and lag...My main issue? The fact that if I miss a Friday night game for instance, then go to the archive on Saturday morning...The FINAL SCORE is RIGHT THERE...I've emailed them a few times already...This is so silly...If we want to watch an archived game, we don't usually wanna see a final score, am I the only one? I've gotten to the point where I told them I wanted a refund!

You are totally spot on. I also sent them a message on that issue. I haven't heard anything back. I'm glad others are telling them about it. I have no idea why they don't' understand some of us would actually not want to see the score of a game before we see it!

(on the other hand it saved me from watching the Jazz lose to the freaking Bobcats, so maybe they did me a favor. Still....)
BigShotBob13
Starter
And1: 297

Post#244 » by BigShotBob13 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:09 am

Nate505 wrote:
Hi My Name is DANNY AINGE wrote:So far nothing major issue wise...The occassional freeze and lag...My main issue? The fact that if I miss a Friday night game for instance, then go to the archive on Saturday morning...The FINAL SCORE is RIGHT THERE...I've emailed them a few times already...This is so silly...If we want to watch an archived game, we don't usually wanna see a final score, am I the only one? I've gotten to the point where I told them I wanted a refund!

You are totally spot on. I also sent them a message on that issue. I haven't heard anything back. I'm glad others are telling them about it. I have no idea why they don't' understand some of us would actually not want to see the score of a game before we see it!

(on the other hand it saved me from watching the Jazz lose to the freaking Bobcats, so maybe they did me a favor. Still....)

They haven't given me anything on that issue either which is crap. They're main response with the buffer? "Please install the Octoshape add-on" which is of course installed and another piece of crap excuse.
Formerly...Damn, I forgot who I was...
Rich
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#245 » by Rich » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:33 am

BigShotBob13 wrote:
Nate505 wrote:

They haven't given me anything on that issue either which is crap. They're main response with the buffer? "Please install the Octoshape add-on" which is of course installed and another piece of crap excuse.

Same here...I told them I installed it...The service was honestly better last year when it was just the basics and was the add on for cable...Now that it's stand alone it's all fancy, but it's not working!!...I am giving it one last try this Friday night...Otherwise refund city for me! And it better be the full price!
LETS GO CELTICS!!!!
nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#246 » by nashill » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:00 pm

though 90 percent of the games are available to me, but the stream is just damn slow. annoying!

i wasted my money
Spurs.Grizzlies.Hawks.Bulls.Wizards.
Rich
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#247 » by Rich » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:25 pm

nashill wrote:though 90 percent of the games are available to me, but the stream is just damn slow. annoying!

i wasted my money

Request a refund.

"I can understand that. If you do feel you want to discontinue the service, please contact us at 888-622-0178. Thank you"
LETS GO CELTICS!!!!
BigShotBob13
Starter
And1: 297

Post#248 » by BigShotBob13 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:22 am

The solutions they have given me so far:
1. Try using a different browser, IE or Firefox
2. Install the Octoshape Add-On
3. Adjust my WMP settings for buffering

That is all. Nothing works, so Im stuck with the product since its my only fix for basketball games. I can watch on mini-mode which Im used to by now, but last time I was streaming TOR-ATL, even the mini-mode was lagging!!! This product is getting so frustrating to use.
Formerly...Damn, I forgot who I was...
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#249 » by microfib4thewin » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:32 am

You can't be serious. First, it wouldn't make sense for you to switch browsers because both IE and Firefox should work unless they're so incompetent they created a problem that couldn't be fixed. Second, Octoshape is required. Third, LP uses Adobe Flash, so what does WMP have to do with this?

I can't tell if you are just trolling or if those were actual advices.
jordash
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#250 » by jordash » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:02 am

They are not complying with their own blackout rules, With the stand alone and I suppose
with the total package also. Though they are recently allowing more viewer coverage
They continue to block out games that are not carried in my area.
Kentucky is nowhere near NY or LA, so when they are not being broadcast on NBA TV there is no
Legitimate reason for me not to be able to choose and watch these games.
Other than the fact that they choose the most Marketable games and "Block Them".
Which is in complete violation of their contract, citing local channels and games carried on NBA TV.
They are allowing Atlanta now, I guess it is because their winning stretch has ended.
So I was being denied ATLANA not because of local coverage (AS PER AGREEMENT), But because of
"MARKET POPULARITY". Which is "Not in the contract!

Return to The General Board