NBA League Pass Broadband - Stand-Alone?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

bgassassin
Starter
And1: 0

Re: NBA League Pass Broadband - Stand-Alone? 

Post#61 » by bgassassin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:40 am

They never sent a reply to me and it doesn't make sense because the first link I posted is different from this one.

http://www.nba.com/broadband/league_pass.jsp

Plus the first link even tells you how to pay for the service. Why would you need a paypal option if it wasn't true? Something isn't adding up.
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#62 » by bayrdbandit » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:50 am

bgassassin wrote:They never sent a reply to me and it doesn't make sense because the first link I posted is different from this one.

Plus the first link even tells you how to pay for the service. Why would you need a paypal option if it wasn't true? Something isn't adding up.

that link is also the old site judging by the menu up the top.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#63 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:05 am

Markus1984 wrote:Guys - have just received a reply from NBA.com and they do not offer Leauge Pass Broadband as a Stand Alone product..

Email received:

NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband is not sold as a stand-alone product.

You must be an active NBA LEAGUE PASS satellite or digital cable television subscriber to get NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband.

To find out how to subscribe to NBA LEAGUE PASS, visit NBA.com and click the link to LEAGUE PASS on the left navigation bar, or go directly to http://www.nba.com/nba_tv/howgetleaguepass.html

That's just weird. Why would they put the webpage up but not train their monkeys to answer questions about how it's "coming soon"?
bgassassin
Starter

Post#64 » by bgassassin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:17 am

bayrdbandit wrote:
bgassassin wrote:They never sent a reply to me and it doesn't make sense because the first link I posted is different from this one.

that link is also the old site judging by the menu up the top.

Actually this one is.

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/

And if you notice, the small print is different. LP Broadband on that link says you have to purchase through TV. The other link makes no reference to that method. I think whoever responded in that e-mail just gave a standard response based on the FAQ. The e-mail I sent even referenced the link and I still have not heard anything.
Markus1984
Ballboy

Post#65 » by Markus1984 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:28 am

Let's just keep pounding them with emails - maybe one of us will get a different response..

I've sent 4 emails to different LeaguePass sections today.. :D
Michael Phelps
Banned User

Post#66 » by Michael Phelps » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:10 am

Guys, if it's there it will show up soon enough. If it doesn't come by the end of this week, you can say goodbye to a mistake. Just have some patience, I guarantee you, you will have your answer by the end of this week. Let's be honest, some of you aren't even going to pay $100 for it because it will be too much.
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#67 » by suckfish » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:38 pm

GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#68 » by GuyverADL » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:23 pm

suckfish wrote:http://ilp.nba.com/ComingSoon.aspx

Is this a new page?

that is new. :D
D21
Lead Assistant
And1: 659

Post#69 » by D21 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:16 pm

bayrdbandit wrote:
Michael Phelps wrote:
bayrdbandit wrote:$70? you're dreaming. it'll be around the $150 mark.

:lol: Then people will get ripped the **** off for that and that's just for broadband? lmao I got mine for $140 and that's with satellite coverage. I don't even use broadband that much, but I'm sure it'll be less than $100 for JUST broadband.

if the quality is as good as they say it is, i don't think that's too much to pay to be able to see every nba game. especially when you're unable to get coverage at all - zero, none.

so here's my situation and options:

a) cruddy looking chinese streams online
...or
b) no nba at all
...or
c) espn on australian cable, getting 2 games (not of my choice) per week @ $50 per month
...or
d) any and every game in a high res for $150 per season.

tough call, but i think i'll take option d.

Don't say it, or they will make it at $150 ;)

IMO, a price at about $99, as said for last season (even if we agree on the fact that it was not working as it was supposed to be), should be a max price.

If some people can get the NBA LP for $140, the NBA LP Broadband (stand alone) should not be higher than $100.
wilt
Analyst
And1: 147

Post#70 » by wilt » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:30 pm

@ suckfish : How did you find that page ? From what i can tell neither this one or the previously posted page are accessible from the nba.com webpage or any ot it´s contents (video, leaguepass), is it ?

The NBA is really missing out on an opportunity to spread internationally here, if they don´t get their act together soon the willingness of people to pay for it will go down even more with more and more people finding and getting used to semi-legal onlinestreams.

It´s not like it is rocket science they have to do with the fact that it is allready technically available and developed, although the international broadcasting stations obviously would be against that as it would draw customers away (and they get ripped off by the NBA big time anyway from what i can tell via a friend working in that business).

Still, the NBAs response on this topic has been extremely underwhelming and non-responsive to say the least.

"Toughness is not just hard fouls and being willing to fight people. Toughness is being 10 down and continuing to do what your coach wants you to do."
D21
Lead Assistant
And1: 659

Post#71 » by D21 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:01 pm

adamcz wrote:
Michael Phelps wrote:You can't sign up for it, not yet. Just wait a little while, maybe another week..

How the hell can they not have this ready in time for the season to start? They should have been advertising and accepting signups for months by now. Season starts tomorrow - the price needs to drop by 1/82 for every Bucks game I miss.

MaxRider wrote:I don't have time to watch all those games. Why can't they just let you pay for the games that you wanted to watch? I don't mind playing $2-3 per game.

Last season, the offer for international fans was $99, and $5.95 for a daily pass. But I agree the best would be a "one game pass", more interesting than a daily pass with other teams you don't want to say.

adamcz wrote:
Markus1984 wrote:Guys - have just received a reply from NBA.com and they do not offer Leauge Pass Broadband as a Stand Alone product..

Email received:

NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband is not sold as a stand-alone product.

You must be an active NBA LEAGUE PASS satellite or digital cable television subscriber to get NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband.

To find out how to subscribe to NBA LEAGUE PASS, visit NBA.com and click the link to LEAGUE PASS on the left navigation bar, or go directly to http://www.nba.com/nba_tv/howgetleaguepass.html

That's just weird. Why would they put the webpage up but not train their monkeys to answer questions about how it's "coming soon"?

You can forget this answer, it's the typical one for US and Canada users they sent the previous seasons.

Regarding the new page, it says "SEASON, MONTHLY AND DAILY VIEWING OPTIONS".

Too bad they don't want to make a "Team Option" with the game of one team of your choice, like Euroleague TV is doing (even if they increase it from €29 to €69, certainly to push people to the "Season Pass" for €79.
Rich
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#72 » by Rich » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:08 pm

suckfish wrote:http://ilp.nba.com/ComingSoon.aspx

Is this a new page?

i clicked on live support at the bottom of that page...chatted w/ someone:

support: Hello. How may I assist you?

you: I see you are offering NBA League Pass Broadband separately this year...There's just nowhere on the site to click to buy it...Can you help?

you: Is this going to be an actual offer?

you: http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/online.html?cid=84

support: The service should be available in a few hours, well before the first game begin.

you: Sweet. Is it free?

you: Or will it cost a fraction of the TV version?

support: You can see a game or a package, for viewing the hole game/s.

you: What does that mean

support: Please hold one moment

you: Im just wondering if it is true that NBA League Pass Broadband is going to be sold as a stand alone this year and how much it will cost...

you: ANd when its available to purchase

you: ?
LETS GO CELTICS!!!!
booonani
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#73 » by booonani » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:21 pm

League Pass is a joke...apparently Canada...a country which has a team...doesnt have League Pass Broadband offered to it :-?

Thank you for your interest in NBA League Pass Broadband.
Unfortunately currently live NBA games online are not available in your country.

NBA League Pass Broadband is currently available in the following regions:
Argentina
Australia
Brazil
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
India
Italy
Japan
South Korea
Mexico
Norway
Philippines
Russia
Spain
Sweden
United Kingdom
United States
Israel
If you feel you have reached this page in error, please contact our support staff.

If you are not located in one of the countries listed above, please send us an e-mail so we can be sure
to inform you if we extend NBA League Pass Broadband into your area.
10scott10
Veteran
And1: 40

Post#74 » by 10scott10 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:27 pm

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/index.html

ahem, league pass broadband

ImageImage
Ming Kong! wrote:Greg Oden = Rickrolling a franchise
booonani
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#75 » by booonani » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:33 pm

10scott10 wrote:http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/index.html

ImageImage

DMA Market Restriction
We're sorry, but the the product or page you have requested is not available in your region, or your region could not be determined at this time.

Please ensure that cookies are enabled in your browser before continuing.

If you believe you have reached this page in error, please:

Try your request again
Visit the All-Access Member Center
View the All-Access FAQ section
Contact us for help
ijag23
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#76 » by ijag23 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:33 pm

Wow guys, watch the demo for the new broadband. It looks freakin awesome!
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#77 » by MaxRider » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:34 pm

$85 not bad, i wonder how many will be in HD
Rich
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#78 » by Rich » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:34 pm

10scott10 wrote:http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/index.html

ImageImage

i was just gonna post it...it's $84.95 (goes to $99 on nove 11th) vs. $189 for TV ($169 early bird)...pretty sweet deal...free until November 11th then the price goes up...
LETS GO CELTICS!!!!
bgassassin
Starter

Post#79 » by bgassassin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:53 pm

LOL. I was coming to post the info as well. $85 is a great deal. Even the $100 is good.
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#80 » by suckfish » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:09 pm

It's not working for International customers. Hopefully this is only temporary.

Return to The General Board