NBA League Pass Broadband - Stand-Alone?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Re: NBA League Pass Broadband - Stand-Alone? 

Post#81 » by magicfan4life05 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:13 pm

Can someone help me with this,

Will they black out the games if let's say I live in LA, will they black out Lakers games?

If they do, then if I change the address to somewhere else will that work, so then I could hypothetically be in LA and see Lakers game w/o it being blacked out?
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
magicfan4life05
RealGM

Post#82 » by magicfan4life05 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:21 pm

Soul wrote:^yah!

also, are they archiving the games? like if I live in Orlando and im gonna miss the games... even if i cant watch it live, can I watch the archived game?

yeah to me?

I asked 2 questions though, which one is "yeah" to ?

thanks

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,926

Post#83 » by SOUL » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:22 pm

^yah!

also, are they archiving the games? like if I live in Orlando and im gonna miss the games... even if i cant watch it live, can I watch the archived game?
magicfan4life05
RealGM

Post#84 » by magicfan4life05 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:24 pm

Soul wrote:^yah!

"yah" to me?

I asked two questions, which one is "yah" to?

thanks!

GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#85 » by GuyverADL » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:26 pm

magicfan4life05 wrote:Can someone help me with this,

Will they black out the games if let's say I live in LA, will they black out Lakers games?

If they do, then if I change the address to somewhere else will that work, so then I could hypothetically be in LA and see Lakers game w/o it being blacked out?

I believe they are using IP address to determine the blocking.

So billing address will have little effect.
Hypz
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#86 » by Hypz » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:28 pm

When I try clicking on free preview, I get this:

DMA Market Restriction
We're sorry, but the the product or page you have requested is not available in your region, or your region could not be determined at this time.

WTF..I live in Canada, not Uzbekistan.

Does it work for anyone in Canada?
buxfan
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#87 » by buxfan » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:29 pm

Thank you so much NBA for finally providing this option!!!
*** Bucks Fan in Michigan ***
magicfan4life05
RealGM

Post#88 » by magicfan4life05 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:31 pm

optimusADL wrote:
magicfan4life05 wrote:Can someone help me with this,

I believe they are using IP address to determine the blocking.

So billing address will have little effect.

WOW

that terrible :( , one last question:

Do they use the IP address when you are buying it online? or do they use the IP address when you get ready to watch the game anywhere?

Because I was thinking to borrow the account from someone who lives out of the area that I'm in so then I can see the games here (it's complicated you are probably saying if you are in the area why dont u just watch it on the local, but I dont get the local channel)

would that work to borrow someone's in another city?

thanks!

booonani
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#89 » by booonani » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:31 pm

Hypz wrote:When I try clicking on free preview, I get this:

DMA Market Restriction
We're sorry, but the the product or page you have requested is not available in your region, or your region could not be determined at this time.

WTF..I live in Canada, not Uzbekistan.

Does it work for anyone in Canada?

nope...apparently having a team in your city doesnt give them reason enough to offer you the same services as if you lived in countries like:
Norway
Philiipines
Israel
India
South Korea
Mexico
:-?
Rocky5000
Analyst

Post#90 » by Rocky5000 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:46 pm

Guys in Canada, I wouldn't worry, It's probably a bug. It makes no sense for them to not offer it in Canada, unless you have some weird laws.
wilt
Analyst
And1: 147

Post#91 » by wilt » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:48 pm

seems rather fishy at this point. No link still via nba.com for that International Version, just this one (http://ilp.nba.com) coming out of thin air for international users, no free preview there. Both facts not exactly giving me a boost of confidence, i´m not going to just donate 70 Euros ...

For Canadians : I guess that would be your option as well, though i am personally going to wait for positive feedback from others or an official announcement via nba.com.

"Toughness is not just hard fouls and being willing to fight people. Toughness is being 10 down and continuing to do what your coach wants you to do."
Stinko Malenko
Bench Warmer

Post#92 » by Stinko Malenko » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:04 pm

So one page says the NBA is proud to be the only sport offering local game coverage and another page says local restrictions apply. Which one is it?
Hypz
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#93 » by Hypz » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:09 pm

Rocky5000 wrote:Guys in Canada, I wouldn't worry, It's probably a bug. It makes no sense for them to not offer it in Canada, unless you have some weird laws.

We have government-sanctioned monopolies...and weird laws. We're screwed.
supergallinari
Banned User

Post#94 » by supergallinari » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:10 pm

Stinko Malenko wrote:So one page says the NBA is proud to be the only sport offering local game coverage and another page says local restrictions apply. Which one is it?
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#95 » by suckfish » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:18 pm

http://ilp.nba.com

I can purchase it now.
wilt
Analyst

Post#96 » by wilt » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:18 pm

definitely fishy (from the live support on ilp.nba.com ) :

Chat InformationPlease wait for a site operator to respond.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'support'

support: Hello. How may I assist you?

you: hello, pretty simple question : From what i have seen this option is not yet available via the official nba.com homepage, will that follow ?

you: Because there you have the option for a free preview, which is still blocked for my region if i try to sign up for it. So that´s not exactly instilling a ton of confidence right now.

you: No offense intended, the offer seems really great.

support: I'm checking it now. Please hold.

you: will do

support: i'm afraid the free preview is avalible only in the US.

you: OK, that´s a pitty but if it is that way can´t change it. another question, sorry for asking that many, ist whether or not the "National TV Games" (TNT, ESPN etc) will be available for international users live and/or as replays ?

support: I'm afraid you will have to refer to the web sites of these channels.

you: That doesn´t make a whole lot of sense (sorry), since there should be an agreement with the broadcasters before launching such a service, shouldn´t there ?

support: The decision is up to the NBA management I'm afraid.

you: I´m aware of that, but shouldn´t that decicion be made before the nba launches such a service ?

you: So who essentially is offering this service ?

support: The lip.nba.com is a broadcasting network and it depends on the broadcasting rights from NBA management as other tv networks are,

you: So it is not yet known beforehand what games will be available and which aren´t ?

you: And in the larger sense i´d like to have some sort of connection between the NBA and the network, like a link from the nba.com homepage, or any information available on the web about the Network and/or the deal between it and the NBA. Sorry for being a pain, but the internet is not exactly the most controllable environment...

support: Right now we know that the first 90 games will be broadcasted and the scheduele will be updated once in 2 weeks Chat InformationPlease wait for a site operator to respond.

question : Is it just me or could the 90 games be exactly what the US accounts can see during the free preview, it sure as hell could be in that neighbourhood ... And no official link on nba.com (and the support avoids that question big time)
Not exactly making me confident that this is legit.

"Toughness is not just hard fouls and being willing to fight people. Toughness is being 10 down and continuing to do what your coach wants you to do."
Michael Phelps
Banned User

Post#97 » by Michael Phelps » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:20 pm

Finally, they update the page.. so now some of you will calm down. Just as I expected $84 is the closest mark to $100 that anyone predicted here hehe.. Anyways, I think Dish Network has their agreement settled and NBA LP will be sold starting today on Dish. :)
Stinko Malenko
Bench Warmer

Post#98 » by Stinko Malenko » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:41 pm

Its a no go on the local games. Just talked to support:

Initial Question/Comment: If I purchase the online only League Pass Broadband package, will I have an issue with local market game blackout?
4:19:19 PM SystemSystem
Thank you for contacting NBA.com League Pass customer service
4:30:08 PM SystemSystem
nbaAgent has joined this session!
4:30:08 PM SystemSystem
Connected with nbaAgent
4:31:04 PM AgentnbaAgent
Thank you for contacting NBA.com. Blackout rules apply to Leaguepass as well as TV broadcasts. If a game is shown locally in your area, Leaguepass will be blacked out.
4:31:38 PM Customerme
ok thanks, I have no reason to buy LP if I can't view my favorite team's games
4:33:04 PM AgentnbaAgent
I can understand that blackouts can be frustrating, however we are unable to show the games that a local station is broadcasting due to legal restrictions.
Michael Phelps
Banned User

Post#99 » by Michael Phelps » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:52 pm

Yeah, there's never been local games with NBA LP and there never will be. lol.. Sorry guys!
wilt
Analyst

Post#100 » by wilt » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:52 pm

Would anybody inside the US or in the same area as the NBA is be willing to try to contact them via the phone about the issue of this international league pass (www.ilp.nba.com) and whether or not it is legit ?

Looks like a giant rip-off to me ...

Return to The General Board