Who gets the most calls?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Jordan23Forever
General Manager
And1: 54

Re: Who gets the most calls? 

Post#41 » by Jordan23Forever » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:44 am

The_Answer wrote:I agree completely, he's acquired all five scrolls of flopping.

:lol:
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,691

Post#42 » by Cowology » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:51 am

It probably IS Wade...but lemme be clear that is an indictment on the refs, NOT Wade. I love Wades game. I just don't like the way he's officiated.
ForeveRaptorFan
Sixth Man
And1: 11

Post#43 » by ForeveRaptorFan » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:52 am

Talking about flopping, what ever happened to those flopping fines that were suppose to be implemented?
Following Bargnani's Progress since entering the League: Bargnani, Ill Mago, Barney, Bustnani, Bust and a Nani, Beastnani, Beardnani, Killer B...
The_Answer
Rookie
And1: 40

Post#44 » by The_Answer » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:56 am

ForeveRaptorFan wrote:Talking about flopping, what ever happened to those flopping fines that were suppose to be implemented?

It's the thought that counts...
fivas14
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#45 » by fivas14 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:20 am

Not even **** close, LeBron James.
Dogbert
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#46 » by Dogbert » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:04 am

Wade, LeBron, and Bosh are right at the top for offense.
Tesla
Analyst
And1: 102

Post#47 » by Tesla » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:42 am

I think players that try to draw contact, or over exaggerate contact get calls that shouldn't be calls, but thats obviously not their fault, its a testament to their game actually. Its a NBA problem, and a ref problem... not a players problem. Wade, CP3, Manu, etc are really good at this. Kobe is good with the verbal (ahhhh!) when he goes to the basket, but he doesn't flop all over the floor.

As far as getting "superstar" calls... Eh, I don't know, they all do to some extent, all the premiere names. As far as Kobe being there, as a person that watches the Lakers every game, every year, I think he gets strangely officiated. Don't get me wrong, more often than not he either get regular ef treatment or fairly officiated, or star-over bias treatment... but I think he's the only premiere name I see getting some strange kind of anti-star treatment from time to time, where he can't buy a call (while driving to the bucket and getting clear contact), or gets whistled for any kind of breathing on the defensive end (although I think Kobe gets most of his preferable treatment on the defensive end, while not much offensivley).
Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.
-Nikola Tesla
Phil Jackson
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#48 » by Phil Jackson » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:28 am

D-Wheelchair
LeBronze James
Manu Ginobili
Chris Paul
Paul Pierce
FlightNumber23
Banned User
And1: 347

Post#49 » by FlightNumber23 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:05 pm

You all are outside of your minds if you think Bron gets the most calls in the league.I agree that when he was young in the 03-04/04-05 seasons he did get away with the hop step calls, thats about it. Theres also a reaosn he led the league in AND 1 plays for his first couple years and now hes in the middle of the pack. Refs just stop calling fould in his favor because hes big and can take a hit without flinching sort of like Dwight, DOesnt mean he dioesnt get fouled.

There are so many times he runs down court and gets hammered with no call its rediculous. And the thing is,that he still makes the shot so half of them sould be AND 1s. Obviously this award just goes o big names because if you guys have ever watched moe that 5 cavs games you would see that he doesnt get away with anything except a travel here and there.

Watch this for proof. I was going insane and ready to kill animals when this didnt get called a foul.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs123cR41NU
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#50 » by Flash3 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:30 pm

1. Kobe, Wade, LeBron, Pierce, Arenas, Howard, Bosh, KG, T-Mac, CP3, Manu, Parker, Duncan, Yao, Amare (did I miss any other star player?)
2. Everyone else

EVERY Star no matter who you are, gets favorable calls. I don't care if you're D-Wade or LeBron James or KG, you will get your share of favorable calls, just because of who you are.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by Flash3 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:33 pm

Cowology wrote:It probably IS Wade...but lemme be clear that is an indictment on the refs, NOT Wade. I love Wades game. I just don't like the way he's officiated.

Indeed. These ticky tack fouls, or what I call "pansy calls" the refs give the Wades, LeBrons, Kobes etc are mindlessly stupid and completely slow the pace of the game down. A touch foul here or there, isn't going to do much to these players, at all. -- We need to get back to the post-2001? rules where hand checking and such was allowed.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by Flash3 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:34 pm

FlightNumber23 wrote:You all are outside of your minds if you think Bron gets the most calls in the league.I agree that when he was young in the 03-04/04-05 seasons he did get away with the hop step calls, thats about it. Theres also a reaosn he led the league in AND 1 plays for his first couple years and now hes in the middle of the pack. Refs just stop calling fould in his favor because hes big and can take a hit without flinching sort of like Dwight, DOesnt mean he dioesnt get fouled.

There are so many times he runs down court and gets hammered with no call its rediculous. And the thing is,that he still makes the shot so half of them sould be AND 1s. Obviously this award just goes o big names because if you guys have ever watched moe that 5 cavs games you would see that he doesnt get away with anything except a travel here and there.

Watch this for proof. I was going insane and ready to kill animals when this didnt get called a foul.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs123cR41NU

I think you are the only one out of your mind for thinking that way.
Storm Surge
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#53 » by Storm Surge » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:57 pm

Flash3 wrote:1. Kobe, Wade, LeBron, Pierce, Arenas, Howard, Bosh, KG, T-Mac, CP3, Manu, Parker, Duncan, Yao, Amare (did I miss any other star player?)
2. Everyone else

EVERY Star no matter who you are, gets favorable calls. I don't care if you're D-Wade or LeBron James or KG, you will get your share of favorable calls, just because of who you are.

no way man, Yao gets the LEAST favorable calls out of any player in the league. Yao would get to the line the most in the league if the refs gave him favorable calls.
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#54 » by Hendrix » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:14 pm

The Celtics.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
kobeaki
Veteran
And1: 6

Post#55 » by kobeaki » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:19 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:defensively..

Duncan, Shaq, Howard, Yao, Kobe, Bynum and the entire Celtics team..

offensively..

Lebron, Wade, Pau Gasol and the entire Celtics team..

:D
ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature

XuDa wrote:Magic, Bird and the other 80#s HOF'ers were holding the league back and stunting it's development big time.

:lol:
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by Flash3 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:31 pm

Storm Surge wrote:
Flash3 wrote:1. Kobe, Wade, LeBron, Pierce, Arenas, Howard, Bosh, KG, T-Mac, CP3, Manu, Parker, Duncan, Yao, Amare (did I miss any other star player?)
2. Everyone else

no way man, Yao gets the LEAST favorable calls out of any player in the league. Yao would get to the line the most in the league if the refs gave him favorable calls.

Yap fits that.
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#57 » by realfung » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:34 pm

They have all earned it, a lot of them earned it with injuries.
G-Heel
Head Coach
And1: 365

Post#58 » by G-Heel » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:40 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:Gasol is the most frustrating, because he's by far the best flopper in the NBA..above everybody else, because he's completely mastered the art of ALL 3 FLOPS..physical flopping, verbal flopping and facial flopping..he flails his arms on both sides, he yells every time he gets a shot off and he makes a sad and disturbed face all the time, to make it look like he got hacked..

I agree, he's a good flopper.
Fire Otis!
Crooked-I
General Manager
And1: 2,686

Post#59 » by Crooked-I » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:42 pm

Every superstar gets calls....not as much as D-Whistle tho.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi
VCRJKidd15
Lead Assistant
And1: 128

Post#60 » by VCRJKidd15 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:47 pm

I see Lebron getting more favorable calls on Travleing the dude is a walking machine. 2 years ago against the Wizards that game winning lay up was like a 4-5 step layup

Return to The General Board