Christmas Day Games- Take your pick

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,967

Re: Christmas Day Games- Take your pick 

Post#481 » by INKtastic » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:47 am

I count 11 times they've allowed 100 points, starting on opening night
http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,698

Post#482 » by dockingsched » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:48 am

dallas as allowed 100 points or more in 11 games.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/tea ... games.html
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
GenericUsername
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#483 » by GenericUsername » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:49 am

lj4mvp wrote:I count 11 times they've allowed 100 points, starting on opening night

I just saw that. Maybe I misunderstood the stat.

Maybe it was allowing 50% while giving up 100 at the same time.

My bad.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,675

Post#484 » by infinite11285 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:51 am

**Highlight of the Night**

Barkley throwing his "LeBron confetti" right into Kenny's face and then followed up this mature act by calling Kenny, "childish". :lol:
CoolD
Lead Assistant
And1: 971

Post#485 » by CoolD » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:51 am

lj4mvp wrote:
zaRdsAndZeRos wrote:1:40 min remaining 89-82 wizards
butler fouls james gives lbj 3 shots. questionable call, i didnt see much contact if any but some people said they saw caron hit lbj on the bow lbj hits 3 fts.

some people including the announcers

jamison gets called for an offensive foul. anyone who saw this replay will agree the defensive player was still moving. just a bad call by the refs. i can live with this, it was a tough call.
williams hits a three makes it 88-89 wiz
jamison drives the lane doesnt get the call. i saw contact and there was an over the back foul that could have been called but it was a no call.
next possession loss ball foul on jamison.
next possession offensive foul on butler. ok thats 5 calls of no calls that went in the cavs favor when the wizards were up by 7. they didnt choke they just got the short end of the stick.

Most were the result of poor decisions on the part of the wizards. Don't jump at LeBron when he takes a 3 and risk needlessly hitting his elbow when he's not the best 3 point shooter to start with. Don't run over a 3 time DPOY when you are a bit out of control, at least 2 teammates are wide open, and you have had a lousy night shooting.

There is no rule that says when the refs call a foul on one team, they have to then make a call against the other team. And the refs didn't put the ball in the basket for LeBron, who was 3-7 from the line before that foul, or for Andy, who isn't the best foul shooter.

And I highly doubt there is a league conspiracy to have the Cavs interfere with a Boston/Lakers finals rematch. This is the first close game cleveland has had all season. And they played a 4 win team. Does anyone really think any thought at all from the league office went into how to ensure the cavs win this game? To help improve the chances that the extra conference finals or NBA finals games would be in cleveland instead of Boston and LA?
If you are not allowed to contest a shot, how are you going to play defense to begin with. That was a phantom call to add, refs are not supposed to bail out LeBron, just because a guy swipe at air near LeBron.

I also rather lose playing good defense if am a coach, than lucking out and giving up on plays. You will also be instilling bad habits, if Caron simply just gives up on plays just because the refs will give phantom calls because you attempted to put pressure on a shot. That is what is wrong with the NBA. You are not even allowed to play defense, because if someone attempts to even breath near LeBron is a foul. Caron simply contested the shot, but didn't even graze Lebron. If you also just give free looks to LeBron, he is going to in rhythm, and is going to even make it harder to defend him once he does.

Wizards are in lose lose situation. If they actually play defense, they get called for phantom fouls, if they don't play defense, am sure they lose the game, because LeBron gets in rhythm and Cavs come out victors. If you expect teams to play against all odds, while your favorite team have all the advantage coming in, doesn't the win kind of feel empty, knowing you didn't really earn it.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,675

Post#486 » by infinite11285 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:02 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Are you guys still watching this?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ernie's gifts to Kenny were hilarious.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,698

Post#487 » by dockingsched » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:09 am

watching some post game interviews on sportscenter and rajon rondo has a severe case of eyebrow plucking. they look like a woman's eyebrows.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Post#488 » by corona » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:32 am

was watching the lakers/boston highlights on tnt, and i gotta mention that pau gasol definitely traveled on that 3 point play he got late in the 4th quarter off the baseline pass from kobe.

how else do you get from beyond the ft line to a layup at the rim?

6:15 in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7qJnBzyiWw

he gives a pump fake, so he definitely establishes control of the ball while his left foot is his pivot foot. then he takes a long step to his right foot without dribbling, picks up his left, re-establishes his left 6 feet down the lane, and takes a shot.

wtf. how is that not called?
rewill17
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#489 » by rewill17 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:42 am

we need an all-frustrate the celtics team:

C: Zydrunas Illgulaskas/
PF: Pau Gasol/Antonio Mdyess/Anthony Peeler/Zaza Pachulia
SF: Ron Artest/Bruce Bowen/
SG: Kobe Bryant/Keyon Dooling/
PG: Jose Calderon/Adam Morrison (will outcry "big" baby)
BruceO
Sixth Man
And1: 311

Post#490 » by BruceO » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:43 am

aldridge can't play D. Before the game I was calling Dirk killing him offensively.

The wiz got robbed on plays donwn the line. The charge on Jamison and the phantom three point shot foul. They didn't even show the replay clearly. Anyone got a clip to show whether it was or not?
I can find it on onenation definitely but cant post an entire game here.

Lakers-Boston was a good game

New Orleans. Man Makes me think Tyson Chandler is over rated. I dunno. New orleans makes me think that all you need to do is unravel a couple of strings here and there in that machine. Put a strong C on Tyson. A big Defender on chris paul. Get Peja out the game and you are money. NO can't beat LA or Boston. They need something more.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,006

Post#491 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:35 am

Bernman wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:Just like injuries, bad calls are apart of the game. The touch foul on LeBron's 3 and that phantom charge were bad calls. However, the Wizards went scoreless the final ~1:50 minutes. Jamison, Caron, Stevenson, and Mike James missed shots down the stretch (some of them open). On the other hand, LeBron finished strong on an AND-1 late in the game, LeBron and Anderson Varejao made CLUTCH free throws (I thought LeBron or AV would choke at least one of those shots) down the stretch, Mo Williams hit a huge 3 and a key mid range jumper, and Ben Wallace and Anderson boxed out and got key rebounds. These are things that refs have no control over. Refs don't make shots for either team or get key rebounds.

IMO this is Cleveland's best win of the season. The Cavs two best players (Bron and Z) played their worst games of the season, while the Wizards led by Mike James and Antwan Jamison, played their most competitve game of the season yet the Cavs still won. Last season, the Cavs lose this game by double figures.

I missed the Laker game b/c I was at my girl friends house with her family :(

Refs got the key rebounds for the Cavs.

In one instance down the stretch where Butler had position and Bron forearmed when in the back when he was in the air. It was pretty blatant. Any time you're in standstill rebounding position near the hoop and don't lift your arms it's pretty telling you have intent to do something dirty. There's no advantage in doing so otherwise.

In another Jamison had position on Varejao, but Varejao pushes him and somehow Antawn gets the foul. Go figure.

You're rationalizing. I'm sure you were on the other end complaining about calls when Tyrone Hill or Ricky Davis were the Cavs' best player.

Anybody who doesn't smell something fishy in regards to NBA refereeing is pretty gullible. The last year the small market Bucks were a threat to make a strong playoff push and steal advertising and merchandising dollars away from the league's bigger markets was in 2000-2001. The Bucks finished that season with a 52-30 record. Yet when Dick Bavetta reffed one of their games they were 0-7. Do the math; there would be a 1 in 45,000 chance of that occurring at random. And it's not like Dick Bavetta doesn't have a rep of favoring the big market team otherwise. Tim Hardaway referred to him as "Knick" Bavetta in 2000. He worked a bunch of big market elimination playoff games from '99-'02 which all of the big markets won and many were heavily disputed for egregious errors. http://sternmustgo.blogspot.com/2008/06 ... vetta.html
A poster on the Bucks board has done a ton of research on NBA refereeing and here's his website: http://scassell19.livejournal.com/?skip=60

Very insightful post.

I remember the Bucks vs Philly in the playoffs that season. The Sixers mauled Glenn Robinson and he hardly ever went to the line the whole series the year Iverson went to the finals. Horrible officiating.

I remember terrible officiating back in IIRC 2000 when the Kings were beating the Lakers in the playoffs. Lakers got 24 FTs in the fourth quarter alone in a game they had been trailing.

Another case of atrocious officiating occurred when the Heat were in the finals against the Mavs and Dwayne Wade could not be guarded without phantom fouls being called. Calls turned that series around and Miami won after being on the ropes.

Watching the Cavs/Wizards I saw the officials give Cleveland every call and no call after the Cavs were down 89-82. Worse were the no calls with Varejao crashing over the back for boards, but then they foul Jamison out when he has position for a board against Varajeo. WTF?

Not just the Wizards got screwed by officials tonight, I thought the Lakers were pretty much given license to foul with no calls in the first half and that in the second Boston was undone by some egregious ticky tack calls against them before Pau stepped up.

The officiating is often not good in the NBA.
Bye bye Beal.
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 490

Post#492 » by Showtime:Part2 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:48 am

wheres the talk about philo jackson brilliant adjustment for the game. he put fish on ray to fight around screens and kobe on rondo because fisher can't guard quick guys (fisher gives up 25+ ppg to quick pg's).
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#493 » by studcrackers » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:53 am

dcash4 wrote:watching some post game interviews on sportscenter and rajon rondo has a severe case of eyebrow plucking. they look like a woman's eyebrows.

that guy has one of the most feminine looking faces ive ever seen, i can totally see him dressing in drag
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
dingclancy
Analyst
And1: 90

Post#494 » by dingclancy » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:12 am

studcrackers wrote:
dcash4 wrote:watching some post game interviews on sportscenter and rajon rondo has a severe case of eyebrow plucking. they look like a woman's eyebrows.

that guy has one of the most feminine looking faces ive ever seen, i can totally see him dressing in drag

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But that guy is one of the toughest in that team.
Harison
Starter
And1: 0

Post#495 » by Harison » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:59 pm

RoBo02 wrote:Score one for the refs team!

Refs were on the roll, scored twice during Christmas games :wink: LA and Cavs got special present: "Happy Holidays! Sincerely, Stern".
Who would win one-on-one in HORSE?

Bird: Nobody beats me in H-O-R-S-E. Besides, Magic cant shoot.

Magic: Larry, you'd have no chance against me one-on-one. I've got too many ways to beat you. Plus, as slow as I am, I'm still faster than you.

:lol:
Farm Raid
Starter

Post#496 » by Farm Raid » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:40 pm

Harison wrote:
RoBo02 wrote:Score one for the refs team!

Refs were on the roll, scored twice during Christmas games :wink: LA and Cavs got special present: "Happy Holidays! Sincerely, Stern".

Aww, there-there, big guy.
Storm Surge
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#497 » by Storm Surge » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:31 pm

How many times have the Wizards gotten the shaft now? Especially against Cleveland.

You have the infamous "LeTravel" plays from the Playoffs.

Now the phantom fouls on Christmas.
Farm Raid
Starter

Post#498 » by Farm Raid » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:57 pm

Gotta be a conspiracy against the Wiz!

Return to The General Board