Gerald Wallace hospitalized

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Re: Gerald Wallace hospitalized 

Post#101 » by sarah42 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:41 pm

civic10sec wrote:
Cevap wrote:he did it and should pay.

LOL

Should pay? You act like he killed the guy. I guess Shaq should pay for whacking Rodney Stucky.

what a moronic statement. shaq should have been punished too. killed the guy? he's badly hurt!

you can't just cause someone a collapsed lung and not pay for it. suspension, fine - or just having to sleep with knowing that, he going to pay. even if its just hurt feelings. unless what, do you know for a fact that he doesn't have a heart? i'm sure he feels bad for Gerald.

the real question is, do you?

:roll:
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#102 » by doc.end » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:42 pm

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_n ... n-rib.html

Get well soon Gerald!

"According to the team, Wallace lost 30-40 percent of the capacity in his left lung. He also suffered a non-displaced fracture of the fifth rib on his left side."
doc.end
General Manager

Post#103 » by doc.end » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:49 pm

civic10sec
Junior
And1: 0

Post#104 » by civic10sec » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:51 pm

sarah42 wrote:what a moronic statement. shaq should have been punished too.

Did he get punished? Um no.

you can't just cause someone a collapsed lung and not pay for it. suspension, fine - or just having to sleep with knowing that, he going to pay. even if its just hurt feelings. unless what, do you know for a fact that he doesn't have a heart? i'm sure he feels bad for Gerald.

Say what?

Accidents happen, It's like Andrew went up to cause a collapsed lung. Again with the punishment, I'm sorry but who are you? If you really cared about Wallace you would be at the hospital right now. Hell call the hospital and wish him the best, you can leave messages with the nurses. Instead your here talking about punishment.

Everyone feels bad about what happened but your acting like some major crime happened.
Sting3r
Head Coach
And1: 209

Post#105 » by Sting3r » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:52 pm

sarah42 wrote:
civic10sec wrote:
Cevap wrote:he did it and should pay.

LOL

Should pay? You act like he killed the guy. I guess Shaq should pay for whacking Rodney Stucky.

what a moronic statement. shaq should have been punished too. killed the guy? he's badly hurt!

the real question is, do you?

:roll:

see your basing your opinions on emotion rather than logic. I could understand if you wanted suspend Bynum for 10+ games or kick him out for the rest of the season IF Bynum went out of his way to intentionally hurt Wallace in any way possible. But that's not the case. Your making the actual play seem worse than it actually is because you feel bad Wallace is in the hospital. Wallace has a well known history of being brittle and injury prone. If he wants to go into the paint and risk his body by going up against guys twice his size than that's on him. Accidents in basketball occur all the time. Bynum had no harm intent. His only intent was to prevent an easy bucket.
WesWesley
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#106 » by WesWesley » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:54 pm

The reason the league is soft these days is because you don't see hard blindside picks set that frequently.

There is no place in any league for wildman plays like that of Bynum and Horford. Imagine God forbid Wallace dies, would Bynum be held accountable for his actions? I mean if there is anything bigger than winning in the game of basketball it's that people are safe from preventable serious injuries.
5:26 LAC - B. Davis misses a layup
doc.end
General Manager

Post#107 » by doc.end » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:56 pm

Sting3r wrote:see your basing your opinions on emotion rather than logic. I could understand if you wanted suspend Bynum for 10+ games or kick him out for the rest of the season IF Bynum went out of his way to intentionally hurt Wallace in any way possible. But that's not the case. Your making the actual play seem worse than it actually is because you feel bad Wallace is in the hospital. Wallace has a well known history of being brittle and injury prone. If he wants to go into the paint and risk his body by going up against guys twice his size than that's on him. Accidents in basketball occur all the time. Bynum had no harm intent. His only intent was to prevent an easy bucket.
Are you Bynum to say that? Another proof that lakers fans have no repsect for anyone except kobe and his current teammates. Pathethic.
Storm Surge
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#108 » by Storm Surge » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:57 pm

Collapsed Lung = serious injury. My grandfather died from a collapsed lung. Bynum should be suspended at least 7 games due to the severity of the injury. If Wallace didn't get hurt on that play, I would still suspend him 1 game. I'm glad that Wallace is a healthy person in his 20s so it looks like he'll be able to recover.

And btw, being injury prone has nothing to do with it
Sting3r
Head Coach

Post#109 » by Sting3r » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:58 pm

52-12-7 wrote:LMAO at the laker homers.

If this was Kobe going down, possibly with a collapsed lung, and Okafor serving the elbow, Laker fans would be crying for suspension of his entire season. Intention to harm or not, it was a dirty play.

don't give me the crap, if this was kobe going down, the majority of these forum would praise whoever did it followed by comments like "he deserved it or kobe is soft for not getting back up" it goes both ways buddy.
Storm Surge
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#110 » by Storm Surge » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:59 pm

Sting3r wrote:

If this was Kobe going down, possibly with a collapsed lung, and Okafor serving the elbow, Laker fans would be crying for suspension of his entire season. Intention to harm or not, it was a dirty play.

don't give me the crap, if this was kobe going down, the majority of these forum would praise whoever did it followed by comments like "he deserved it or kobe is soft for not getting back up" it goes both ways buddy.

Yeah, people wouldn't care that Kobe had life-threatening(not career threatening, LIFE threatening) and would laugh :roll:
doc.end
General Manager

Post#111 » by doc.end » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:02 pm

Sting3r wrote:

Everyone is not like you.
civic10sec
Junior

Post#112 » by civic10sec » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:02 pm

doc.end wrote:Another proof that lakers fans have no repsect for anyone except kobe and his current teammates. Pathethic.

If you cared that much why aren't you in L.A right now?
Sting3r
Head Coach

Post#113 » by Sting3r » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:04 pm

doc.end wrote:
Sting3r wrote:see your basing your opinions on emotion rather than logic. I could understand if you wanted suspend Bynum for 10+ games or kick him out for the rest of the season IF Bynum went out of his way to intentionally hurt Wallace in any way possible. But that's not the case. Your making the actual play seem worse than it actually is because you feel bad Wallace is in the hospital. Wallace has a well known history of being brittle and injury prone. If he wants to go into the paint and risk his body by going up against guys twice his size than that's on him. Accidents in basketball occur all the time. Bynum had no harm intent. His only intent was to prevent an easy bucket.
Are you Bynum to say that? Another proof that lakers fans have no repsect for anyone except kobe and his current teammates. Pathethic.

pathetic? what reason would Bynum have to intentionally want to put physical harm on Wallace?

The only thing pathetic I see is people who are trying to gang up on someone for an accidental occurrence. I feel bad for Wallace. You never want to see someone go down hard like that but if this topic is gonna discuss whether or not Bynum was being dirty than that's what I'm gonna focus on.

Also dont group me with other Laker fans. I don't speak for a majority.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#114 » by CB-Blazer » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:04 pm

I really doubt Bynum went up with the intentions to injure Wallace, but regardless, he led with an elbow. I think the call should have been a flagrant 2 and a 1 game suspension.

The matter of the fact is that Bynum fouled Wallace regardless of is intention of committing a hard foul, or if it was indecision, or whatever scenario has been talked about. Bynum led with an elbow.

He doesn't deserve a 10 game suspension.

He deserves what should have been called, a flagrant 2 and a 1 game suspension considering it is his first offense. When Bynum starts doing things like the on a regular basis further action should be taken.

With all that being said, hopefully Wallace has a speedy recovery.
doc.end
General Manager

Post#115 » by doc.end » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:08 pm

civic10sec wrote:
doc.end wrote:Another proof that lakers fans have no repsect for anyone except kobe and his current teammates. Pathethic.

If you cared that much why aren't you in L.A right now?

Is LA the only place on Earth or what? Since when?
Sting3r
Head Coach

Post#116 » by Sting3r » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:08 pm

Storm Surge wrote:
Sting3r wrote:

Yeah, people wouldn't care that Kobe had life-threatening(not career threatening, LIFE threatening) and would laugh :roll:

I was referring more to being a recipient of hard foul rather than something life threatening. IF it becomes life-treating than I would expect more people would show much more sympathy.
civic10sec
Junior

Post#117 » by civic10sec » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:11 pm

Storm Surge wrote:Collapsed Lung = serious injury. My grandfather died from a collapsed lung. Bynum should be suspended at least 7 games due to the severity of the injury. If Wallace didn't get hurt on that play, I would still suspend him 1 game. I'm glad that Wallace is a healthy person in his 20s so it looks like he'll be able to recover.

And btw, being injury prone has nothing to do with it

Did your grandfather fall? I'll been a firefighter for six years now, and mostly elderly folks don't report a fall or don't go to the doctor. They don't know how seriously they are hurt until it's too late. However, a collapsed lung can be treated if reported right away. Such is the case for Wallace, his not going to pass away. Just three weeks ago my unit responded to a skater who feel hard off the ramp. He was hospitalized for a collapsed lung for two days and than released.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,985

Post#118 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:12 pm

TommyTheCat wrote:actually this thread and many of the posts back up the notion that the league is soft. in the 80s a play like this was a common occurrence and fans new it. players were much more guarded when attacking the basket because the big men were taught to give no easy lay ups or dunks. i think bynum's foul was hard and as others stated, meant to send a message. i wonder if bynum's mindset might be learned from his training with kaj.

i wouldn't doubt that bynum draws a suspension but he definitely wouldn't have in the 80s.

hopefully wallace will be ok

How can we use the 80s as some sort of standard when it was those kind of cheap shots -- McHale's clothesline on Rambis, just about anything from Bill Laimbeer's greatest hits -- that forced the NBA to institute the flagrant foul system in the first place, not to mention the addition of a third official?

The idea that that kind of behavior was tolerated couldn't be any more wrong; it eventually changed the way basketball games were governed in a very fundamental way.

In no way shape or form does Andrew be deserved to be compared to those guys. He's not dirty, and he never has been. Anybody calling for a seven- or 10-game suspension is being ridiculously histrionic. But he most definitely stepped over the line, and he deserves to pay a price for it.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#119 » by Chubby Chaser » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:14 pm

So last year Lakers were labeled as "soft". And now we're getting labeled as "dirty" and too rough? Give me a break. It's sad what happened to G. Wallace last night, as he is one of my favorite players in the league. But it's obvious that there was no malicious intent on that play. Bynum admitted he was late on the play and kind of stumbled into the lane and just tried to foul him and stop the dunk.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#120 » by TonyMontana » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:15 pm

infinite11285 wrote:Oh man that was horrible. That hit was intentional. I doubt Andrew wanted to hurt him to the extent of a collapsed lung, but as far as the elbow goes, that was intentional. I just hope Wallace pulls through, because a collapsed lung is no joke. It's actually a possibility that Gerald does not make it through the night.

That play is so dirty. It the more you watch it, the worse it gets. How was Bynum NOT assessed a flagrant 2 and ejected after that?

Man whats wrong with you.
I mean everyone saw the play........ It was stupid by Bynum which he has done it a few times before, but YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY A LAKER BASHER............. But to come on here and post garbage like this is pure pathetic and low class.
Im a Wallace fan and I feel for him and I hope he recovers soon and gets healthy, but dont come on here and insult to injury but lowering yourself as you ALWAYS DO trying to bash this team and its players.
GROW UP.
Look at the clip, Wallace runs in with no remorse and Bynum got there too late, He puts his arms out trying to hold down Wallace and with the rate of Wallaces speed and Bynum getting there too late it resulted in Bynums elbows hitting Wallace in the ribs......
It wasnt intentional.

Return to The General Board